Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Mission 8 is lunacy.

Is that the Bastogne one inside Hall's head because that was loving batshit. This game's story is not at all what I thought it would be lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Boost-jumping from a wallrun and doming people with Outrider's bow before hitting the ground is some of the most fun I've ever had in CoD, assuming it's the one time in every ten that I don't immediately get shot in the back and killed within 3 seconds of calling in the special weapon.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

frank.club posted:

There's a video of some guy tossing it to an enemy player, shooting him, and then taking it back

I tried doing that once but I died before I could shoot him and my team yelled at me for giving the other side the ball. That's probably the hardest I've ever been owned.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Have they said yet if you can customize your multiplayer guy's appearance like in Ghosts and AW because I like customization and was mad as hell it wasn't in BO3.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

I wish somebody would make a COD style game with no snipers, more health and a mechanic where if you stop moving you die

I'm going to be so beyond thrilled when someone finally makes a multiplayer shooter with no snipers.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I got a ten kill streak with the garand, called in a Goliath suit and got killed almost immediately without killing anyone. Maybe WWII shooters really are better...

I really miss WWII shooters. I wouldn't have complained about how over abundant they were ten years ago if I had known the alternative was "no one will make another one ever again."

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I still have 2 more codes!!

I would like one, please

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Thanks, Lumpy!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The guns and movement and stuff feels good enough that I wouldn't call it bad but there's some serious design flaws I can't look past... the maps offer almost no opportunity to use any of the movement stuff except the occasional double-jump and the overpowered sniper rifle that's a OHK as long as you hit above the waist means half the people in a match just pick the fast robot guy and run around quick scoping everybody. At this point I'll probably rent it for the campaign but it's not feeling like a buy to me unless they change a lot by release.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The new map's actually a lot of fun, too bad about the other 3. Hopefully the fact that they released it means they realized their mistake with the originals and will be retooling them before release.

Quick scoping doesn't seem to be as off-the-wall terrible today as it did the first day, did they do something about that in the update? Either way the OHK sniper rifle is still an awful decision worthy of the Ghosts team.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The space station one's cool, I'm just disappointed that there's like that one gap you can double-jump across and other than that basically no chance to use all the movement and stuff. If it was in a pre-Advanced Warfare game I'd love it. I felt like the snow one is too open and led to nonstop getting murked by OHK snipers the instant you stepped out of cover but I haven't played a match there since the update that appears to have made the snipers not so awful so maybe it's not too bad now. The retro 50s one would be good if it was smaller because the density of the map leads to a lot of cool desperate close-range fights but it's so big that I don't feel like you run into people often enough to take advantage of that density.

I don't know, I'm still having fun, my issues are more like "this isn't as good as it could be" than "this isn't good."

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

frank.club posted:

yeah the ohk sniper is too ridiculous. AW solved that by making it scope only fire. And bop3 just didn't have that issue.

oh my god you can put a holo sight on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BppIaJj55GE

This one gun is easily the worst thing in the beta

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

When I was in high school I always used the :420:High Command:420: calling card in MW2 and lol'd every time I saw it

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Has anyone played Infinite Warfare yet?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

If by "the ship stuff" you mean the space fighter jet it's really fun from what I've played. It's like the jet from BLOPS 2 and 3's campaigns but way faster and more heavily armed.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I think this is my favorite CoD in a long time. It doesn’t really do anything particularly special but it just seems really well put together. Even the OHK sniper rifles I bitch about so much in past games are only really an issue in the Gustav Cannon map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

beta weekend 2 update: i loving hate this game

HolePisser1982 posted:

i looked up the leak/rumor that said this was basically COD Lawbreakers up until 6 months ago, and immediately had the thought “well Id rather be playing lawbreakers” and it made me so much angier lol

Lmao

• Locked thread