Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I think you need to download single player too, for it to work.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Cool

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

We should play some more later tonight... Get your revolvers ready.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The evil American battalion from the end of MW2 is one of the coolest factions in the series and it sucks that they weren't an MP faction like they were originally going to be.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Apparently they're called "Shadow Company" and their name and in game background are a reference to the bad guys in the first Lethal Weapon movie, which makes them even cooler.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I'm so glad they got rid of the endless respawning. That plaza in Heart of the Reich on Veteran took me four days to get through.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

frank.club posted:

I also know a few dudes who completed the plane thing at the end of mw1 on veteran

That was bad, but the worst parts I can remember are Heart of the Reich in WaW, that cargo room from the second to last mission in CoD4 and the village in the Silo mission from CoD2.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

frank.club posted:

There was a time after I got it where I couldn't play the multiplayer so I just 100% the single player a few times.

I didn't say anything because I assumed you were counting Spec Ops mode as SP... Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Advanced Warfare's plot is basically the war economy from MGS4

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Anyone here up for MW2/MW3 Spec Ops? I want that Star 69 cheevo.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The Black Ops III beta is cool,
-shooting people underwater ftw
-melee is a rifle butt again instead of a knife
-those spiny ball robots that rip that guy up in the original trailer are basically attack dogs that take more damage
-movement is essentially Titanfall
-it seems like every gun has deep impact, because everyone seems to be able to shoot enemies through solid objects pretty easily

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Also it's weird that so many games are suddenly picking up the Team Fortress "each different set loadout is its own character" thing like Black Ops III, Overwatch, Dirty Bomb, that lovely looking one Gearbox is doing and probably a couple more I can't remember.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The beta's out on Steam.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Apparently if you own a CoD on steam you get it for free, along with 2 extra copies.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Right

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

There'll probably be plenty of vouchers though.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lol cool http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/09/29/call-of-duty-marketing-stunt-mocks-up-a-terrorist-attack-in-your-twitter-feed.aspx

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I remember a few years ago a game company hired an ad agency in Australia or something to promote their new shooter game, who in turn hired a local actor to run around a subway station with a gun and pretend he was in an action movie chase until the police came.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The segment in CoD4 where Capt. Price is beating up the arab rebel leader and screaming What was his name? Tell me his name!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I liked the BO3 beta. Single player sounds sick too... Apparently all the missions are available at the start and a lot of them aren't directly correlated story wise, you need to kind of figure out how they fit together.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Oh my god.

Before players enter each mission, they access the Safe House, an area in which they can customise their character, set class loadouts, learn more about the upcoming objectives as well as show off achievements to friends.

Within the Safe House every player has their own “Bunkroom” which contains a wardrobe for character customisation, a little like GTA Online, and a Medal Case, which holds awards you’ve earned after completing tasks in the campaign. You also have a trunk to stores collectible, which you can use to personalise your Bunkroom. Any of your co-op friends can work into your room and view your customised layout. It’s another little RPG feature, which doesn’t add huge amounts to the actual gameplay experience, but just enhances that sense of playing alongside other people, and actually having an existence within the game’s universe.

Each safe house also contains a computer terminal, or PDV, like the computer found in Black Ops 1, giving access to background information (in fact, it houses 100 times more files that its predecessor). There’s background info on the events between Black Ops 1 and Black Ops 3, as well as hidden Easter egg’s and a few surprise game modes. There was an arcade-style zombie mini-game in Black Ops 1, so could potentially expect something very similar to that...

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

They were all on sale a couple of weeks ago

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

There's a new difficulty mode past Veteran where one hit or any damage from anything instakills you. I think it's co op only though

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The PC version of BO2 has a glitch that causes the program to crash after every campaign mission of you have less than 100 steam friends.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Dead Ops Arcade 2 confirmed for BO3

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! https://community.treyarch.com/community/treyarch/blog/2015/11/02/modding-mapping-tools-coming-to-black-ops-3-pc-in-2016

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Holy poo poo.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Just think about this: we are living in a time when Battlefield and Wolfenstein don't allow modding, but Call of Duty and Metal Gear Solid do.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I wish we had played AW more... It kicked rear end even though the PC version seemed pretty unoptimized.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

I dunno about you, I think I have 100 hours logged in MP, which is a lot for me nowadays

As a group, I mean

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The single player was ok too. I really liked that there were a few segments at the end that were wide open chaotic firefights between two factions, like the ship deck and the Baghdad street, and apparently there's a lot more of that in BO3.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Preloads up

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I'm glad devs are finally leaving the last gen behind.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Hahahahahaha

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

Call of duty and halo kick rear end

Yeah

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011