Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NExo6ANKAQU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I got an extra PS4 beta code so ahh, I guess the first person (who isn’t some lurker rando) who wants it can have it.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

This is way more fun than I was expecting. There's a really big focus on map control and team position, even in TDM, which is pretty neat and more interesting than the spawn merry-go-round TDM usually tends to be.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Glad Firebreak’s flamethrower is still OP. I wiped a full team with it this morning lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The health bars and expanded character-specific abilities gave me a really bad ‘CoD version of Overwatch’ vibe in the initial reveal, but now after actually playing it, it feels a lot more like a CoD version of Rainbow Six Siege.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

This is actually really cool so far. My big problem with it is that 90 second countdowns between matches is way too loving long, and resetting it any time a handful of people leave/enter the lobby seriously isn't cool. It takes roughly the same time to start a match as it does to play it.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I guess they must have tweaked this game a bunch over the last week because for whatever reason I'm just not feeling it, at all. Like, I started thinking to myself 'I'd kind of rather be playing Infinite Warfare' and when I realized what I was thinking I immediately shut it off and played more Witcher

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

For all the fuss Treyarch made about "taking things back to Boots On The Ground™!" and "giving players the CoD experience they know and love!" it really feels like they were afraid to actually, I dunno, make a Call of Duty game and made some bizarre CoD ripoff with various stuff from other popular shooters thrown in, like half-baked Counter-Strike modes, Overwatch's UI layout and, of course, blatant and desperate Battle Royale trend bandwagoning. The actual gunplay isn't even all that bad, which really sucks- there's a good shooter hidden somewhere under all the bullshit.

All I'm certain of is that if that rumor of the MW2 remaster being singleplayer only- with no MP or Spec Ops- is actually true, this series is as good as dead.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Oh and it also has that thing from Overwatch where anyone who does any damage to an enemy gets credit for the kill, so everyone has an absurdly high K/D, which is incredibly bitchmade. God forbid anyone have a K/D under 1, right? Skunts.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

Tbh I'm looking forward to the year COD is a financial failure and they finally pull the trigger on doing the Smash Ultimate COD with every map and every mode ever.

Oh hell yes.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

I still wonder what happened that made all those titanfall devs go back to cod.

Honestly I'd rather be forced to work on a modern CoD game than forced to work on a modern Star Wars game

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

It's also very stupid that the modern CODs don't have dedicated servers and also hide the player count so nobody plays anything but one or two modes to guarantee a quick match

I detest this change so much.

It’s really strange that, despite switching from having two devs making a game every two years last console gen to a three dev/three year cycle this console gen specifically to make the design process smoother and more cohesive, the games from last gen actually we’re a lot more cohesive and thought out overall. Like despite what the developers have said, WWII was not ‘always where we intended to go next’ and definitely started halfway through Sledgehammer’s dev cycle after the backlash against Infinite Warfare’s reveal, and BOIIII scrapping the campaign for a Battle Royale wasn’t ‘always the intention’, gently caress that, they probably only started on it this year. Meanwhile, to use a last gen example, MW3- despite the bulk of MW2’s core design team being gone- still had a decent campaign, a fun Spec Ops mode and some decent MP maps.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

*Sweating nervously* Me too man... me too

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I got some extra PS4 codes for that Battle Royale mode beta if anyone wants one.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Ok, two codes left

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

This is the first time I've felt absolutely no excitement or interest for an upcoming CoD game, and yeah that does include Ghosts and Infinite Warfare. You really let us down Treyarch.

Well, [slaps past-me]

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Someone just released a mod for Call of Duty 2 that adds a full Spanish Civil War campaign

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fZALJLH2e0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://twitter.com/callofduty/status/1056953814576582657?s=21

• Locked thread