Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I am going to Move and Attack, Jog to the left to max jog distance and shoot whatever is closest if we reveal a hostile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm going to look at the rules after posting this to see if i can find the answer myself, but what's the difference between piling my marines into one space or spreading them out, other than the to-hit penalties being different due to having to use jogging for three characters?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Tollymain posted:

i'm going to look at the rules after posting this to see if i can find the answer myself, but what's the difference between piling my marines into one space or spreading them out, other than the to-hit penalties being different due to having to use jogging for three characters?
Two big differences.
1. Line of sight rules can end up mattering if you miss.
2. When an alien is the subject of a "Kill" result on a weapon damage roll, its acidic blood splatters everyone in the same square as it.

Slaan posted:

I am going to Move and Attack, Jog to the left to max jog distance and shoot whatever is closest if we reveal a hostile.
Remember that Tolly still makes the final decisions.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All right, for my second move, I'm moving NewMars and Slaan 1 square into the hallway, opening the hatch. Then I'm moving Garfield and Data forward at a jog into the hall and then 1 square to the east.

After that, I'm moving TomViolence, CommissarMega, Pierzak, and Prince into the airlock, if I can do that in the same Turn? I'm not sure.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"
If it isn't too late, I'll take a Marine!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tollymain posted:

After that, I'm moving TomViolence, CommissarMega, Pierzak, and Prince into the airlock, if I can do that in the same Turn? I'm not sure.
Afraid not. The downsize to the safety of the airlocks is that, whenever you have to count MA to move, only one door on it can be open at a time. (So, there's no problem when you'd have infinite movement.)

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
next turn, then

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
Signed up to get murdered horribly.

Poison Mushroom posted:

That square right above the Assault Shuttle is an Airlock. Airlocks are interesting, because aliens will never show up in them (though you can be abducted from them), but, during a Combat Turn or Deploy action, only one side of them can be activated at a time. That restriction is lifted during the first part of an Explore Turn Human Phase, but since the other side is unexplored, that doesn't help very much right now.

Also, the rules you linked say that the bit about being abducted from airlocks isn't true (page 7). Is that a house rule?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Grizzwold posted:

Signed up to get murdered horribly.

Also, the rules you linked say that the bit about being abducted from airlocks isn't true (page 7). Is that a house rule?

No, I'm just an idiot and have always played that wrong.

• Locked thread