Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jax
Jun 18, 2001

I love my brick.
Only Forward occasionally takes a little time out to offer some words of wisdom.

"Michael Marshall Smith " posted:

What you have to understand is that sometimes things are the way they seem. By that I don’t mean that they aren’t the way they might be thought to be, beneath what you see, necessarily, what I mean is that… Christ: I’ll start this again.
Sometimes, things are not the way they seem. You look at something and it seems straightforward, and you think you understand it, and it’s only later you realise that the truth is different.
Okay: no prizes for observation so far.
Sometimes, on the other hand, you look at something and you know already it’s not the way it seems. You know because you understand what you’re seeing, you’re aware of the context and you realise that appearances are being deceptive.
But sometimes, and this is the important sometimes, that’s wrong.
Sometimes, when you think you’re being deceived, you’re not. Sometimes things are the way they look, however surprising that may be. And sometimes that can make all the difference in the world.
Let me put it another way. Why does a journey always seem quicker coming back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread