Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deep dish peat moss

I quit smoking one week ago yesterday and I don't know what to do with all the free time I have now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

I used to spend a total of about 2.5 hours each day smoking cigarettes.

Miss Psychosis

Get a cooler hobby.

Miss Psychosis

The issue being, what's cooler than smoking? Well have I got news for you. With the new Dyson Gyrosphere you can look badass while cleaning the house.

weird

by zen death robot
how the gently caress do you walk anywhere

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

joke_explainer

Miss Psychosis posted:

The issue being, what's cooler than smoking? Well have I got news for you. With the new Dyson Gyrosphere you can look badass while cleaning the house.

Miss Psychosis

Yonkers posted:

weird

by zen death robot
i dont smoke to look cool personally i smoke to appreciate how cool the cigarette looks with the smoke coming off it. modern cigarettes go out if you don't keep puffing on them, they push it like they're stopping house fires but they're really just making sure you take a drag every now and then. its insidious

----------------

weird

by zen death robot
(tobacco company voice) this is not a library

----------------

deep dish peat moss

Yonkers posted:

walking to work in the morning without a cigarette is the worst thing I do

deep dish peat moss

All in all it was way easier to quit than I always thought

deep dish peat moss

Yonkers posted:

i dont smoke to look cool personally i smoke to appreciate how cool the cigarette looks with the smoke coming off it. modern cigarettes go out if you don't keep puffing on them, they push it like they're stopping house fires but they're really just making sure you take a drag every now and then. its insidious

I like how the 99s are always the same price as a normal pack

weird

by zen death robot
I was sick of feeling ashamed - Sarah - Health Canada
[picture of someone playing saxophone]

----------------

Miss Psychosis

[Frantically searching urban dictionary] Smoke a fat rear end big blunt instead.

fuck. marry. t-rex

Hick Magnet posted:

walking to work in the morning without a cigarette is the worst thing I do

Bring a thermos of coffee and just habitually drink out of it while walking

fuck. marry. t-rex

I had a cigar over 4th of july... it was good

weird

by zen death robot
quitting would be easy if i never left the house, i think. its the walks that are impossible

----------------

dogdisaster

by Lowtax
smoking while driving is what I miss the most :sigh:

----------------

fuck. marry. t-rex

My hardest cigarette to stop smoking was the one I did in the cool dark night on my porch before bed

Also 1 on the way home after a 14 hr shift... dropped that one by getting a not poo poo job

alnilam

Yonkers posted:

(tobacco company voice) this is not a library

fuck. marry. t-rex

Maybe I'll start chewing on mint sprigs like a hipster hillbilly callback to hay

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

put all the money you are saving into tiny warhammer figurines and paint them like a badass i don't mean paint them to look like badasses i mean paint them in a badassed fashion

fuck. marry. t-rex

Show me your lovingly converted floppy hat old coot bearded sexy demonette army

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

oh have you heard of my work here's a taste

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i would never have been able to pull that off if i was smoking

fuck. marry. t-rex

Some people would judge you for having a wiki-like knowledge of Warhammer 40k rape dioramas, but not me. I understand.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Prologue: The Forgotten War

This is but one of the legends of which people speak...

Long ago, there existed a seemingly perfect kingdom. Blessed with the favor of the gods, this nation was free from war and disaster, and all inhabitants lived in peace. Four great spirits of light watched over and protected the provinces of this land, and it seemed no darkness would ever touch it.

That land was Hyrule.

However, that peace was disturbed by the arrival of the thief king. This man was in possession of great and evil powers, and his only goal was to rule. Eventually, this mighty rebel was brought to justice, but no one foresaw the events of his execution. The thief revealed that the power of the gods themselves rested within him, and easily escaped his punishment. Out of desperation, the ancient sages forced the thief into the forbidden world of twilight, and all seemed at peace.

That thief was Ganondorf.

Unfortunately, the day came when the unnatural twilight began to creep into the world of Hyrule, bringing with it shadowy beasts and destruction. Ganondorf, thought to be forever imprisoned and weakened, had gained control over a rogue member of the Twili race. With the aid of his puppet, Ganonodorf eventually materialized in the world of light once more. With his unstoppable power, he spread fear, darkness, and chaos across Hyrule, leaving its people helpless to escape or fight back. But just as the end seemed unavoidable...

A young man clad in green suddenly appeared out of the shadows. He, too, received the blessing of the gods, as well as the aid of the princesses of both Hyrule and the Twilight Realm. Armed with the legendary blade of evil's bane, the man engaged Ganondorf in a chaotic battle that shook the foundation of Hyrule itself. When the dust cleared, only the green man stood victorious, and the king of evil lay slain at his feet.

That man was named Link.

"This is what you got me out of bed for?" snorted Bowser, as he stared at the ancient, withered scroll on the table in front of him. He ran the translator over it once more, but again found nothing of use to him. He turned to glare at his partner.

"I know, it doesn't seem like much," said Dr. Robotnik, speaking quickly so as to avoid an incident. Neither of these two were known for their patience, but for Bowser this was especially true. He was known to set the kitchen on fire if his food was not prepared in a timely manner. "I bought it at an auction a few years back, and spent some time translating it. I thought it was just a stupid fairy tale, but then I found this..." Robotnik reached into his bag and withdrew a small, rectangular box made out of steel.

Bowser took the box, clicked it open, and lifted the lid. The object inside was an old tablet, carved out of a slab of black marble. Bowser guessed it was about twenty by twenty inches, and he instantly recognized the language of the writing as the same from the scroll. To him, the various lines only resembled pieces of letters, but Robotnik was positively ecstatic about the tablet. Bowser rolled his eyes, and placed the translator over the message.

"I am the Lord Ganondorf," he read out loud, "I leave this message to any who would follow in my footsteps. If you wish to fill the world with darkness..." Bowser's eyes widened with each passing sentence, and his mouth dropped open. "You're not serious!" he growled, turning to Robotnik.

The mad doctor grinned. "Oh, I'm completely serious!" he cackled. "Don't you see? If those legends are true, (And there's a mountain of evidence supporting that), then even the plumber and the hedgehog wouldn't stand a chance! This could be our big chance!"

"Hm..." Bowser scratched his chin, as if deep in thought, but the patronizing smirk on his face told the real story. "That would be a great idea...If you hadn't previously woken up that stupid Chaos monster. Ah, it seems like only yesterday that you lost control of it, and it almost destroyed Station Square."

Robotnik's smile faded, replaced by a frustrated grimace. "That was years ago! I made a mistake! And it says right there on the tablet," he seized the translator and ran it over the bottom of the message, " " 'Whosoever accomplishes this task for me shall have my eternal aid, and shall share a section of my empire.' See? This is different! He's not a raging, mindless beast. This man was a legend, and he promises it himself."

Bowser growled. "Don't act like I can't read!" He snarled. "I know what it says! But you're being an idiot! We both want to rule the world, and now you want to settle for being a slave to some thousand year old freak? Sorry, but I, personally, have no desire to be demoted to a minion."

"We'll share a piece of his empire," Robotnik protested. "And we won't just be his servants. Think about it. We both have different visions for the world. This way, we each can build our own version in our corner, and the three of us will have equal power. Not to mention..." his smile stretched across his face, with a devilish look in his eyes, "...revenge."

Bowser seriously considered it. Yes, he hated Mario with every molecule in his body, and he was really getting tired of being smacked around. If this really did mean a chance to finish him off once and for all, it would certainly be worthwhile. On the other hand, both his and Robotnik's schemes involving other parties had a tendency to blow up in their faces, and this "Ganondorf" seemed just as likely, if not more. "I don't know," he said. "What if this whole thing turns out to be a really terrible idea, and we look like idiots, and end up joining forces with our arch enemies again?"

"Is that really any worse than being humiliated by a fat plumber over and over again?"

"Touché."

"Besides, based on how bad Ganondorf sounds, the death those two would face would make any risk completely worthwhile," Robotnik cackled as his face revealed it's full malice in a smile that would have made a child cry. "They'll be begging us to end their lives. It sounds like heaven to me! What do you say?"

Bowser turned to the tablet one last time. Then, he turned back to Robotnik. The same wicked grin plastered across Robotnik's face had transferred to his.

"Let's do it."

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jul 10, 2015

fuck. marry. t-rex

Throwing away my cigarettes was easier than throwing away my warhammer miniatures... not gonna lie.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

how could you quit this

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

those titties get a 5+ save i bet

fuck. marry. t-rex

lol

Miss Psychosis

Bo-Pepper :/

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i shouldn't have made all those things maybe

fuck. marry. t-rex

I see you made a model of smoobles

POWERBALL

by zen death robot

Bo-Pepper posted:

how could you quit this

[weird thing that I don't want to quote]

----------------

fuck. marry. t-rex

Bo-Pepper posted:

i shouldn't have made all those things maybe

We all make mistakes.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

just me sitting at home painting some plastic boobs but i'm not smoking which is key here

deep dish peat moss

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

My hardest cigarette to stop smoking was the one I did in the cool dark night on my porch before bed

Also 1 on the way home after a 14 hr shift... dropped that one by getting a not poo poo job

I used to smoke every hour on the hour at work and now that I quit my day feels twice as long

At home I used to smoke every time I needed to pass a couple minutes. If I was waiting for water to boil, or the movie I was watching was buffering, or there were a few minutes left on my laundry, I would smoke to fill in the gap. That's the hardest habit for me to break right now... I got over the good morning and good night cigs pretty quick.

the unabonger
what the gently caress, bo pepper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

just a lesson about how productive you can be if you're not smoking

• Locked thread