Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smoobles

is it cool to start vaping if i didn't already smoke cigarettes before? is that bad?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Psychosis

I vape just for taste.

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...

smoobles posted:

is it cool to start vaping if i didn't already smoke cigarettes before? is that bad?
as an ex-cool person (ie. smoker), vaping is very uncool

i mean that's the whole deal with the devil problem with smoking... its just too drat cool

---

actually let me refine that...

- smoking is cool
- being a smoker is not cool

smoobles

is vaping a slippery slope into real smoking?

----------------

fuck. marry. t-rex

smoobles posted:

You can get 0 nicotine vape mixes

fuck. marry. t-rex

No one will ever respect a vaper though... just doesn't have the same charm of burning plant

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
vape cannot compare to the smoke of a real cigarette

:smith:

deep dish peat moss

Miss Psychosis posted:

I vape just for taste.

huh? I thought vapers didn't have taste.

deep dish peat moss

I did bum one off a co worker and smoked it and didn't really enjoy it all that much. The cravings went away and I was fine for the rest of the day.

I think yeah sometimes I'm just going to miss it. I don't even have memories of the time before I was smoking and it has been a huge part of my life. I don't know how else to fill up those 5-10 minute breaks when I just want to get away and think by myself. I've tried going for walks or hanging around outside but it's not the same, I miss being able to stare off at one distant point in space and get some fresh air and escape from whatever's stressing me out. I can't do the same thing without smoking because I feel like I'm wasting my time which stresses me out a lot and makes me want to smoke.

Miss Psychosis

Hick Magnet posted:

huh? I thought vapers didn't have taste.

Honey graham cracker be-yotch.

fuck. marry. t-rex

You can add flavor and scent to vape liquid that's like 60% of the point of it

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
if you are getting a buzz from nicotine and you don't reek of smoke, flame, and additives, sticking to your fingers, mouth, clothes, skin, and soul, then you are cheating and real smokers are going to spit on you, dealing 5 acid-type damage

----------------

fuck. marry. t-rex

I'm interested in finding out the health effects of other relaxing/depressant smoke-able herbs, such as: Wormwood, Damiana, Blue Lotus

fuck. marry. t-rex

From an aesthetic perspective, the idea of smoking a blue lotus flower cigarette is possibly the coolest thing I can think of

vapoursquid

none other
i don't really want to quit

DeepQantas

What's the most healthy thing to smoke? Like... would you get carbon monoxide poisoning from oregano or something?

alnilam

Nothing is "healthy" to smoke, at the very least the combustion of plant matter releases lots carbon/organic crap that's bad for your lungs.

alnilam

Apparently Lewis and Clarke just tried smoking nearly every plant on their journey lol

DeepQantas

quote:

Nothing is "healthy" to smoke, at the very least the combustion of plant matter releases lots carbon/organic crap that's bad for your lungs.
yea, looks like it...
https://quitsmokingcommunity.org/how-to-quit-smoking/smoking-cessation-tools/nicotine-free-cigarettes/

But there must be something! Like... strawberry bubblegum or those strawberry flavored candy cigarettes (remember those?)

Wait... I got it... Smoking hydrogen cigarettes is healthy. That only releases water vapor

fuck. marry. t-rex

You can probably smoke some stuff and roll the smoke around d your mouth for an effect without inhaling and it not be too bad. Idk what though

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
maybe just a hollow tube with no ignition source, or a small straw

DeepQantas

straws are great. you get to walk about, snap your suspenders and go "howdy y'all"

alnilam

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

You can probably smoke some stuff and roll the smoke around d your mouth for an effect without inhaling and it not be too bad. Idk what though

i occasionally smoke a pipe or a cigar and that's what i do, idk if anyone inhales cigar or pipe smoke but you're def not supposed to. even with mouthing it only, it's still bad if you do it often, mouth-smoke can cause mouth or throat cancer which are both really really bad things to have. but the very occasional cigar or pipe probably isn't going to do much to you.

that being said i would not suggest it to a quitting smoker because it could trigger a relapse maybe idk

ty manifisto

fuck. marry. t-rex

Yeah I smoke a cigar sometimes too but I don't like some of the long term effects of nicotine, so I'm interested in alternatives other than the 9bvious blunt

fuck. marry. t-rex

Supposedly you can smoke wormwood and it's a relaxant a aphrodisiac and if you drink at the same time a hallucinogine...

fuck. marry. t-rex

You can also legally and easily grow wormwood in temperate climates...

Is this a bad idea or a great idea...?

fuck. marry. t-rex

Will I turn into a witch if I smoke a wormwood j? Will my nails get yellow and become talons?

alnilam

Will I turn into a witch if I smoke a wormwood j? Will my nails get yellow and become talons?

i would certainly hope so! otherwise why did you bother growing it!

ty manifisto

fuck. marry. t-rex

Pictured, me after pi0neering the wormwood hand rolled cigarette craze

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

I've only ever heard of it in absinthe but it does sound interesting

deep dish peat moss

My navajo friend taught me to track and roll mountain tobacco. It's good for smoking and has no nicotine or additives. It's probably better for you than most things you would smoke, has a good flavor, and is free

deep dish peat moss

Wormwood and absinthe don't make you hallucinate, thats a rumor based on a lot of writers' romanticized accounts of drinking it in europe. It gives you a happy drunk like wine.

Afro Doug

Hick Magnet posted:

My navajo friend taught me to track and roll mountain tobacco. It's good for smoking and has no nicotine or additives. It's probably better for you than most things you would smoke, has a good flavor, and is free
is that Nicotiana glauca?

thewizardofshoe

Qwerinty posted:

if you are getting a buzz from nicotine and you don't reek of smoke, flame, and additives, sticking to your fingers, mouth, clothes, skin, and soul, then you are cheating and real smokers are going to spit on you, dealing 5 acid-type damage

deep dish peat moss

Afro Doug posted:

is that Nicotiana glauca?

I'm not sure exactly but I think it's this one:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotiana_obtusifolia

deep dish peat moss

Today I want to smoke real bad. I'm sitting around home with nothing to do and I'm really stressed out, and it's too hot to go anywhere, and all I want to do is sit outside and smoke.

fuck. marry. t-rex

Tfw....

You gotta reroute the energy/urge into something else- you can't stew in it you'll never hold

fuck. marry. t-rex

Do something that chills you out. I like to take really long hot showers or a bath... or do an activity like a manic art sesh or something emotionally draining idk

fuck. marry. t-rex

My vice after work is a beer... replacing a substance with a different 1 seems bad to me though even if i donr have problems wirh alchoholism or even get any sort of buzz or anything.

so I think I'm going to move toward exercise and gaming idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minster

Right, right.

Luvcow posted:

vape cannot compare to the smoke of a real cigarette

:smith:

That is kind of true. Especially "after dinner" smokes or while being in drunk. Maybe it would get slightly more easier, if you'd buy a stronger liquid which has tobacco flavor.

• Locked thread