Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deep dish peat moss

I quit smoking one week ago yesterday and I don't know what to do with all the free time I have now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

I used to spend a total of about 2.5 hours each day smoking cigarettes.

deep dish peat moss

Yonkers posted:

how the gently caress do you walk anywhere

walking to work in the morning without a cigarette is the worst thing I do

deep dish peat moss

All in all it was way easier to quit than I always thought

deep dish peat moss

Yonkers posted:

i dont smoke to look cool personally i smoke to appreciate how cool the cigarette looks with the smoke coming off it. modern cigarettes go out if you don't keep puffing on them, they push it like they're stopping house fires but they're really just making sure you take a drag every now and then. its insidious

I like how the 99s are always the same price as a normal pack

deep dish peat moss

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

My hardest cigarette to stop smoking was the one I did in the cool dark night on my porch before bed

Also 1 on the way home after a 14 hr shift... dropped that one by getting a not poo poo job

I used to smoke every hour on the hour at work and now that I quit my day feels twice as long

At home I used to smoke every time I needed to pass a couple minutes. If I was waiting for water to boil, or the movie I was watching was buffering, or there were a few minutes left on my laundry, I would smoke to fill in the gap. That's the hardest habit for me to break right now... I got over the good morning and good night cigs pretty quick.

deep dish peat moss

I'm sitting outside camping out for UPS... it's completely alien to me to be outdoors without a cigarette.

deep dish peat moss

I've been sitting here for an hour already... I would have smoked like 5-6 times by now.

deep dish peat moss

There's not much to see. I'm in the courtyard where I can see every gate... I'm not letting that UPS fucker leave with my package again.

deep dish peat moss

Only 4 hours left in the deliver u window. *keeps reaching in to pocket for cigs that don't exist*

deep dish peat moss

I'm sort of able to smell again. Seems like my complex smells like chinese takeout, dust, and flowers

deep dish peat moss

And weed

deep dish peat moss

A cool thing about Arizona summers is that if you stare at a plant that's 20+ feet away the air gets all wavy from the mirage like in the cartoons when they think they found an oasis but it's only sand.

deep dish peat moss

I just realized, tomorrow is 7/11. Free slurpee day.

deep dish peat moss

Thingyman posted:

how long have you been smoking? if it's been more than a couple years, food is about to taste so loving good for you.

12 years. I've been at a pack a day for the last 8, roughly.

deep dish peat moss

I've conquered enough addictions that the idea of relapsing is something I have constant nightmares about so once I get out of the initial few weeks here I'm home free.

Also 2 and a half hours sitting in the courtyard now and still no UPS. If I'm not out here they will just leave because the gates are locked, and this cracked up and rusty little folding chair I'm sitting in is killing my back and behind.

deep dish peat moss

dogdisaster posted:

good thing you didn't go the chantix route at least, i went without large amounts of sleeps for 3 months

I used Welbutrin which was cool and made this easy except for the first week you start taking it, before you stop smoking when your body just stops getting any enjoyment out of nicotine and you chain smoke 5 in a row without the craving going away.

deep dish peat moss

I'm afraid tge UPS guy is hiding in the bushes across the street just waiting for me to go get a cool beverage, so that he may take that moment to strike.

deep dish peat moss

The guy who just came out to check his mail smelled like hamster pellets

deep dish peat moss

UPS finally showed up, finally

deep dish peat moss

Today is Day 4 of No Cigarettes and the last 4 days feel like several weeks. The cravings are gone but a few times a day I'll start to go through the motions of getting up to go smoke and then remember that I don't smoke, and it feels like losing an old girlfriend every time. My sense of smell is back and now I know what my city smells like - mostly bad, sun-melted plastic and unwashed vagrant, but there are some areas that smell of flowers or coffee during my 5:30am walk. I've actually been having honest-to-god dreams consistently for the first time in almost two decades but I don't know if that's from quitting smoking or the Welbutrin. Last night I dreamed that I had a Jeep and I spent the entire dream driving people around my old neighborhood - at some point I lost the jeep and I went on a walk to find it, when I reached the park by my old house I found out it was replaced with a lake surrounded by jungle. Day 3 is supposed to be the peak w/r/t cravings and anxiety, it was a poo poo day but if every day moving forward is easier than that, I can do this.

deep dish peat moss

Day 4 has been really easy. Minimal cravings and I'm not cranky or having trouble focusing anymore.

deep dish peat moss

the after-work cigarette is a hard one to get over. Yikes

deep dish peat moss

pig slut lisa posted:

if you invest $6 a day in a low cost broad stock market index fund like VTSMX for 10 years you will be about $32,000 ahead of where you would be if you had bought a $6 pack a day over that same period

I wish I had been doing this ever since I started smoking.

deep dish peat moss

I just realized on page 1I said I quit smoking a week ago, but that's when I started taking the Welbutrin. I don't even know why I said that.

deep dish peat moss

Today was day 5 and it was easy as hell. No cravings, didn't even think about smoking until I left work and the thought was gone by the time I got home. This is the easiest addiction I've ever kicked. This is actually easier than the time I quit smoking weed after a year of nonstop 24/7 dabbing.

deep dish peat moss

I used to smoke half a cigarette at a time and then save the other half for later. For the past 8 years I've been smoking a pack a day. It took me about 3 minutes to smoke half a cig. I did the math and I was spending approximately 120 minutes per day smoking cigarettes. Over the course of one year, this is over 700 hours. It's a lot of extra free time to have every day, holy smokes. Over the last 8 years I've spent about 242 full, 24 hour days smoking cigarettes. I wish I could have that time back.

deep dish peat moss

I want to quit my job and become a quit smoking counselor because of how pumped up I am.

deep dish peat moss

Today was day 6 and I stopped taking the welbutrin and still have no desire to smoke. I hung out with smokers today and didn't want one.

deep dish peat moss

I hear day 7 is hard because it's your first big milestone which will make you want to celebrate and celebration is probably a cue that made you want to smoke but I know it's going to be easy too.

deep dish peat moss

Seeing as I've already saved myself $39 this week by not smoking for 6 days I am going to buy myself a pizza or something. I could get used to this... being rich as gently caress

deep dish peat moss

All you have to do is survive 3 lousy days and the rest is a piece of cake

deep dish peat moss

Today is day 9 or whatever and I don't even think about it anymore

deep dish peat moss

Last weekend I bought three Prime Times and made little spliffs to smoke while walking around town and so this week I had a couple short cravings but I haven't smoked or had any interest in smoking tobacco. It's sort of like getting a tattoo, even if it hurts you're going to finish it because the finished product is so exciting.

I think I'm going to do the Prime Time Spliffs again, maybe 1 or 2 a week because they make me feel like I'm in High School again but I consider myself as having successfully quit smoking

deep dish peat moss

I stopped keeping track of how many days after the first week, but today is day 17 I think.

deep dish peat moss

I've been having a lot of cravings today and the current one has persisted for almost 30 minutes. I'm not sure why but I'm pretty confident that I won't break down and buy a pack. I've been tempted to bum one off of a coworker but that sounds like a bad idea.

deep dish peat moss

Miss Psychosis posted:

I vape just for taste.

huh? I thought vapers didn't have taste.

deep dish peat moss

I did bum one off a co worker and smoked it and didn't really enjoy it all that much. The cravings went away and I was fine for the rest of the day.

I think yeah sometimes I'm just going to miss it. I don't even have memories of the time before I was smoking and it has been a huge part of my life. I don't know how else to fill up those 5-10 minute breaks when I just want to get away and think by myself. I've tried going for walks or hanging around outside but it's not the same, I miss being able to stare off at one distant point in space and get some fresh air and escape from whatever's stressing me out. I can't do the same thing without smoking because I feel like I'm wasting my time which stresses me out a lot and makes me want to smoke.

deep dish peat moss

My navajo friend taught me to track and roll mountain tobacco. It's good for smoking and has no nicotine or additives. It's probably better for you than most things you would smoke, has a good flavor, and is free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

Wormwood and absinthe don't make you hallucinate, thats a rumor based on a lot of writers' romanticized accounts of drinking it in europe. It gives you a happy drunk like wine.

• Locked thread