Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Raising Arizona and Moonstruck

He's alright, is what I'm saying. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
The Nick Cage remake of Gone in 60 Seconds is good. Fight me.

I hope you've seen The Goonies, Kalon, because it's required viewing for anyone who grew up in the 80s.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

SirSamVimes posted:

Only legitimately good Nic Cage movie? Counterpoint: Face/Off

Face/Off makes every nic cage movie bad by proxy.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

KieranWalker posted:

I hope you've seen The Goonies, Kalon, because it's required viewing for anyone who grew up in the 80s.

I saw it (like a week ago).

THE LESBIATHAN
Jan 22, 2011

The name Daria was already taken.
I want to say I'm sorry for whatever happens. Please remember that Heave is to blame.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

BangBangBang! Commando of the Galaxy

Episode 11:It's a rave that kills everyone Uncut | Cut

Monday update because editing drunk people is annoying. Oh yeah, there's also a special guest in this one. It's The Lesbiathan, she's rad.

The Heavenator fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Oct 19, 2015

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

:swoon:

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
The cut version does not seem very cut to me, did you upload the same one twice?

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
This recording serves as a cautionary tale about peach vodka and jello shots.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I feel like all LPs should have that one video where a drunk outsider is brought to watch their dumb video.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!
You know, I'd say the wait was well worth it for this.

Drunk videos are the best videos.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

EricFate posted:

Yeah, any LP with them is 100% better and will be a staple in any of mine.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Also I totally did mux the wrong audio file for the cut version. Uploading the fixed one now. Oops.

Everything is fine now. Nothing is ruined.

The Heavenator fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Oct 19, 2015

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Except for your prediction a few videos back of uploading the same videos twice because no one watches the cut versions.

Granted you did it once so it's not totally ruined.

THE LESBIATHAN
Jan 22, 2011

The name Daria was already taken.

EricFate posted:

You forgot putting peach yogurt into peach vodka because you thought, "peaches and cream is really good and yogurt is basically just a type of cream, so this'll be really delicious I bet!"

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Episode 12: That Mission Uncut | Cut

The HD might not be done quite yet, but I have to go to a beer festival so it's getting posted now anyway.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Oh gently caress you Jak 3. 2 playthroughs ended on that one loving minigame.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
It feels pretty good seeing this section just after finishing that train section in Uncharted 2 for my first time. :toot:

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
While the PacMan clone minigame was annoying, I was able to beat it with enough persistence. The factory was probably my favorite platforming area because of how different it was from the other more natural/ruin-y areas in the rest of the game though I didn't mind those areas either.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!

That mission is the worst one in the game no doubt, but compared to what else has been done in this series, mainly Jak II and its bullshit, it's not so bad. Never became as frustrating for me, other than not being allowed to use the d-pad.

Also you can hold X to speed up Daxter during that mission, but obviously doing so constantly will make it more likely to miss switching lanes and gently caress up.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The biggest problem with the minigame is that it becomes progressively more difficult the more frustrated you get. If you fail the first time you'll fail every time.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Hi. I think it's time we took the time to study the Mikoyan MiG-31, NATO reporting name: Foxhound.

Now, the first thing you'll notice is that proportionally, its wings are tiny. This is because it really is much bigger than every other interceptor out there, but also because the armour plating around its engine generates a lot of lift on its own, and the parts of the design that aren't for generating lift are for sucking air into the absolutely MASSIVE air intakes.

That's huge. It's more than a man's height across and there's one on each side. If the Americans designed the GAU-8 gatling cannon and then the A-10 to house it, then the Russians designed the D30-F6 engine, decided 152 kilonewtons of thrust (already almost twice more than the 79 kNs coming from the P&W F100s they put in F-15s - the F-16 only has one) wasn't enough and put an afterburner on it AND THEN PUT TWO OF THEM TOGETHER! Then they designed the MiG-31 around that.

In short, the MiG-31 is an engine with wings and is widely loved for it. If you want to see an American version of that, look up the F-4 Phantom. For an even more outrageous "no this shouldnt fly why does it do so anyway" design, look up the Eurofighter EF-2000, which incedentally is pretty much just an engine with wings.

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 23, 2015

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Those self-tying shoes from Nike are limited release and will be sold via auction. Therefore they will cost way too much due to fans with a stupid amount of disposable income.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Okay, yes this is video we were talking about. It's great. And dumb. Grum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntHJwxYGoL0

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!

I am literally in tears right now because of you fuckers.

Boy, Canada is great.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Episode 13: A Degree in Evilology Uncut | Cut

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
How exactly do those wings control? It looks kinda like the Screw Attack in Metroid Prime games, but less fixed in a straight line.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

It's mainly timing based, get the right timing and you'll get the best height and distance. You can flap as many times as you want, but there tends to be diminishing returns. If you screw up the timing you end up getting no distance and plummeting to your death.

Vnat
Jan 24, 2013
Any plans to show off the infinite flight glitch?

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Yeah, I said in the video I'm going to try and show that off in one of the bonus videos. Should probably also do the jetboard glitch too. Hopefully I'll be able to learn them well enough.

Vnat
Jan 24, 2013
Sorry, I must have missed that part.
A fun place to show it off is the temple entrance, since you can also demonstrate how the game handles falling deaths.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Jak X was a perfectly serviceable combat racer. :colbert:

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Yes, it is a good game. I stand by my assertion that it is loving dumb as hell though.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Dumb as hell, but I have to admit I actually like the story.

Unrelated to that, I can't remember which Jak 2 mission you're talking about cheesing with Dark Jak.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

KieranWalker posted:

Dumb as hell, but I have to admit I actually like the story.

Unrelated to that, I can't remember which Jak 2 mission you're talking about cheesing with Dark Jak.

I think there's some exploit with Dark Giant and dark bomb where you can kill the sea-defence robot and swim anywhere?

EDIT:http://jakanddaxter.wikia.com/wiki/Security_drone

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Yeah, that spinning background threw me for a loop and I had to look away until it was done. I can't imagine how bad it would be if I were playing it on an actual TV and not watching a you-tube video.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Episode 14: Americaing It Up Uncut | Cut

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
You know, I was about to ask why Jak just let Erol escape, but then I remembered he was completely out of ammunition, dark eco, and light eco, and that cutscene started to make a lot more sense.

Heave, your sloppy ammo management actually provided gameplay and story integration. Well done!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

So wait, is Jak X happening or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

KieranWalker posted:

You know, I was about to ask why Jak just let Erol escape, but then I remembered he was completely out of ammunition, dark eco, and light eco, and that cutscene started to make a lot more sense.

Heave, your sloppy ammo management actually provided gameplay and story integration. Well done!

That section is a great way to just completely drain your resources. Especially since you just got the supernova and probably want to test it out.

I've beaten this game a few times and I honestly don't even remember what the crystals do.

• Locked thread