Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Fungah! posted:

i bailed in like one hour lmao. systems look sick but man I just do not give a poo poo

wanted to love it for what it is but the narrative is too disjointed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Happy Birthday Pablo

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
So uh why do we hate one of the best square RPGs of last year? Mmmjust asking for a friend

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I’d lay pipe on the beast girl and the thief girl and oh yeah I’d also dick down the sexy goomba in Mario rpg as well as the purple ghost. So :middlefinger: :doublemiddlefinger:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I played octopath 2 the same way I played 1, 4 characters stories then dropped it for a year or 2. Haven't picked it back up yet but it'll be epic when I get to fight the true final boss when I do

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i played the octopath demo and couldn't get into the story at all or even get past the ugly tilt shift blur effect. why did they do that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Started Plutonia on Hurt Me Plenty, continuous play, Switch port.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Edit just 2 maps and then watched a movie. drat Plutonia owns. Might play it on PC though to use the fan MIDI pack.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Creating a bootable Ubuntu thumb drive to try to recover my poo poo. Friday night FTW. gently caress this.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hizke posted:

I’d lay pipe on the beast girl and the thief girl and oh yeah I’d also dick down the sexy goomba in Mario rpg as well as the purple ghost. So :middlefinger: :doublemiddlefinger:

Lol

Thanks everyone. I played through the opening of FF7R and got to Kalm and I can already tell I’m gonna be obsessed

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

copy posted:

Persuasion
Training
loving
Laughing Like A Moron
League Of Legends
My Birthday

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

tmfc posted:

i played the octopath demo and couldn't get into the story at all or even get past the ugly tilt shift blur effect. why did they do that.

its called hd-2d and theyve trademarked the style and term

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Wormskull posted:

Creating a bootable Ubuntu thumb drive to try to recover my poo poo. Friday night FTW. gently caress this.

i feel you bro no cap. i cant open the start menu on my computer since yesterday and i dont know how to access fuckin anything w/o it so im about to have to reinstall my whole poo poo .

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Basketball + corn Lord all afternoon. Blessed Sunday.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Happy Birthday Pablo

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Happy Birthday Pablo

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

herculon posted:

Welcome to the Zone, Lana

Evil Eagle posted:

Happy Birthday Pablo

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

beat Super Mario World with the kids. wife is currently playing Oracle of Ages with them while they eat lunch. then she's going to take them both to the grocery store while I play Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth :D

this is about the only day over my vacation that we don't have plans to take the kids somewhere all day (it's their spring break and I took the week off), but I'm excited to get some quality gaming in during the evenings.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My computer troubles keep getting worse and more expensive so Sunday has been cancelled. Close the thread.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wormskull posted:

My computer troubles keep getting worse and more expensive so Sunday has been cancelled. Close the thread.

that fuckin sucks, sorry. were you able to pull your files, at least?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*face morphs into the alternatively sexy SJW pug that hideous retards can connect with on a spiritual level avatar* Close. The. Thread. NOW. What the gently caress?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

*face morphs into the alternatively sexy SJW pug that hideous retards can connect with on a spiritual level avatar* Close. The. Thread. NOW. What the gently caress?

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I’m a full-time Final Fantasy gamer now that I finished Unicorn Overlord, I finished up Red XIII’s story section in Cosmo Canyon in Rebirth this morning and now I’m back on the grind leveling up before the final boss of 4. I wish I had replayed the original before starting Rebirth, it’s only been two years and I’ve still managed to forget a lot, I had to look up how much of this Cosmo Canyon stuff was actually in the original because the planetarium scene was the only bit I could recall. I’ll have to do an epic 200-hour marathon of the original, remake and rebirth, and hell maybe Crisis Core too in the months before the third part comes out.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Evil Eagle posted:

Happy Birthday Pablo

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Wormskull posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

up to MAP09 of Plutonia which is one of my fav's of the first half. More corn Lord later mayhaps.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Corn Lord and Ur-Quan Masters

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Fur-Con Masters

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

que sera sera posted:

Fur-Con Masters

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Drew Curtis’ FARK.com Masters.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I can home and reseated the dedotated wam and windows came back, everyone. Sunday is back in session. For now.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
etrian odyssey 3 hd :cheersdoge:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Big game weekend reviews.

Board games:
Thunder Road
This game whips rear end. It was so fun and silly and had one of the best rng mechanics i've ever seen in a board game. The design of the game makes it clear really early that you shouldn't even care if you win or lose it's just about making really huge turns that throw everyone else's plans out the window. We ended up playing a second time immediately with other people who didn't really want to at first because it looked so fun.

Project L
Really slick game with strangely unhelpful instructions/presentation. It's like dominion/machi koro/lords of waterdeep but instead of building a deck you are building a supply of tetris pieces in order to complete certain shapes for rewards. There's a lot of ways to switch gears and navigate through the game but it's also pretty unintuitive because of the vocabulary and presentation of the core mechanics. I feel like if i played it more I'd enjoy it more but I still really liked it.

The Shipwreck Arcana
I've never played anything like this. It's a really cool logic puzzle game that makes you question the thought process of the other people playing. It's cooperative, but the person who's turn it is can't talk and plays a piece based on drafted rule cards in an attempt to make it clear to the other players what the answer is. Then they try to figure out why you've done what you've done in order to reach the solution while you silently pray that; they'll figure it out/you didn't gently caress it up. Not for everyone, but i'm gonna pick it up if it's cheap.

Tiny Swords: Smash
A very silly game that took longer to read the instructions then to play. The balance is a little off but I liked how fast paced it was, every turn can have huge impact as people found out they could die the very next turn if they didn't see something coming. Probably best to play 2 out of 3 or something but we didn't have time.

Video games:
Smash bros.
It's smash, I though we'd play it a ton more like we used to but it just wasn't hitting. I might be over it :(

Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp
This was super fun to revisit after 20 years or whatever. The hand drawn animation has a ton of character but I'm not sold on the 3-d presentation, I'd rather just play the gba versions. It didn't seem like they actually added much to the game.

Multibowl
This was hilarious. Really fun competitive game about figuring games out quickly. There's also a bit of humor in there with the way they curate the game selection, as well as some awesome moments showcasing the most interesting or exciting parts of a game without having to dedicate any further time to them lol. Everyone enjoyed this, we just handed controllers off after every round ended so it was really frantic.

Ultimate Chicken Horse
I had seen this around a lot but never guessed that it was actually good. Maybe it depends on the crowd but this was a ton of fun since we were basically trying to find the most creative ways to make the game as hard as possible but still winnable through really tricky plays. Biggest surprise of the weekend for sure.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
ultimate chicken horse owns but yeah it really does depend on your group

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I can home and reseated the dedotated wam and windows came back, everyone. Sunday is back in session. For now.

welcome back to the fold brother.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

welcome back to the fold brother.

Nope. Wam is still blowing my poo poo up. Gotta wait till pay day. :sigh:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Been watching Cobra videos and playing DD1 on switch and just getting sad that it’s not 2, the game of my dreams.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I guess praise be that I bought this lovely laptop. Sucks rear end when there’s something to look forward to with nothing in the meantime for a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

House is reasonably clean and taxes are done, time to sail to An Skellig and solve everyone's problems and punch some bears