Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I've only played Celceta for any substantial amount of time but I've heard good things about Oath in Felghana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i haven't played any of the Ys games and probably won't for a while, but what is a good one to start with?

Oath in Felghana

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i haven't played any of the Ys games and probably won't for a while, but what is a good one to start with?

ys 1, ancient isu vanished

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

01011001 posted:

nocturne is so good

TFW you revisit ikebukuro station :smith:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ys 7 is really good too.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

about to play ace combat zero, watching ping pong and drinking a sierra nevada.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

TFW you revisit ikebukuro station :smith:

i really liked ikebukuro station. and the mantra hq with the elevator that goves up 500 floors and fighting dante and being in prison and fighting that gauntlet of 3 boses... a powerful place

Mr. Sophistication fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Aug 15, 2015

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
prolly one of my fav areas besides that prison that has the portals to the alternate version of the prison like silent hill. epic poo poo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
im crying about phoenix wright vs professor layton

Cyberbird
Jul 18, 2015

i'm crying about mother 3 and i've only been playing for two hours.
:smith:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i might take the plunge and buy lisa, finally. either that or one of the etrian odyssey games like i have wanted to.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

NickRoweFillea posted:

i might take the plunge and buy lisa, finally. either that or one of the etrian odyssey games like i have wanted to.

you can get both

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

rediscover posted:

you can get both

which etrian odyssey would be good to start with. i have a 3ds but i want to play either 4 or one of the untolds and work my way back in the games to a higher difficulty once i have a grasp of the concepts.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
eo4 has a lot of quality of life poo poo that eo1-3 don't. if you wanna try 1 and 2, there are the untold remakes on the 3ds too. they have such improvements as "beat optional bosses to raise the level cap," which is a huge change from "to raise the level cap, get to 70, retire the character (resetting their level to 30) to raise the cap to 71, get to 71, retire the character to raise the cap to 72, and so on until you hit the level cap of 99, then retire them one more time to get the extra skill point"

eo3 is more or less on eo4's level but it has problems with og ds menu design and a lot of players have a hard time going back to it

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Aug 21, 2015

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im excited to play some video games

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I was hoping the killing floor update would come today so I could play the firebug and demoman, and also have akimbo pistols. Anyone else have kf2?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

The White Dragon posted:

eo4 has a lot of quality of life poo poo that eo1-3 don't. if you wanna try 1 and 2, there are the untold remakes on the 3ds too. they have such improvements as "beat optional bosses to raise the level cap," which is a huge change from "to raise the level cap, get to 70, retire the character (resetting their level to 30) to raise the cap to 71, get to 71, retire the character to raise the cap to 72, and so on until you hit the level cap of 99, then retire them one more time to get the extra skill point"

eo3 is more or less on eo4's level but it has problems with og ds menu design and a lot of players have a hard time going back to it

cool. i found a used copy of eo4 at my local gamestop. it's on hold so ill go pick it up later. that game is 24.99 preowned and 39.99 new! normally ill buy a game new but a. holy poo poo and b. none of the stores near me had a new copy

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Kazvall posted:

I was hoping the killing floor update would come today so I could play the firebug and demoman, and also have akimbo pistols. Anyone else have kf2?

i wish i could. i really liked killing floor one but i doubt two will run on my laptop.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

i wish i could. i really liked killing floor one but i doubt two will run on my laptop.

Specs? It would run on my laptop but cause it to crash due to overheating.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

cool. i found a used copy of eo4 at my local gamestop. it's on hold so ill go pick it up later. that game is 24.99 preowned and 39.99 new! normally ill buy a game new but a. holy poo poo and b. none of the stores near me had a new copy

eo4 and other atlus games go on sale really often on the 3DS eshop, usually for $15. i don't know if that's active right now though,

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got a character to Cruel difficulty in the new Path of Exile league. Act 4 is freaking cool and it feels a bit shorter than other acts, but it's got a lot of cool bosses. The final boss is more fun of a fight than Dominus ever was. Im gonna play more of this game tonight.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

i liked diablo 3 after reaper of souls, but before they started treadmilling the game with super legendaries. would i like path of exile?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

subhuman filth posted:

i liked diablo 3 after reaper of souls, but before they started treadmilling the game with super legendaries. would i like path of exile?

I never played Diablo 3, and I never even got further than act 2 in Diablo 2. IDK. There's a lot of freedom in path of exile... All classes do is determine where u start in the massive skill tree, and your base stats. And your model ofc. But you can skill anything, obviously some stuff is closer and more feasible than other stuff. The problem with this is that respec points are few and far inbetween so you'll probably end up redoing Normal Difficulty a bunch while you figure it out.

My chief complaint with the game is that skill gems are RNG based except for the occasional quest reward, but I think they buffed the drop rate a bunch because I seem to be getting one per map.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

isaac & nocturne

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

peace walker

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

which etrian odyssey would be good to start with. i have a 3ds but i want to play either 4 or one of the untolds and work my way back in the games to a higher difficulty once i have a grasp of the concepts.

tbh there's not much reason to play eo1 anymore, it's pretty clunky. i'm playing eo2u now and it's good but eo4's way better

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Ground Zeroes. I'll probably play the Black Ops III beta later.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i got eo4 and lisa. provided my friend does not want to go drinking tonight that is what i will be gaming on. have fun tonight imps!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I won't be gaming at all tonight sadly.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I'm enjoying the new Call of Duty multiplayer beta

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

I think I'm going to play Super Mario World tonight, once I decide which one to buy from the eShop. Its kind of a tough choice, though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A cool drat horse posted:

I think I'm going to play Super Mario World tonight, once I decide which one to buy from the eShop. Its kind of a tough choice, though

Which one to buy?

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

In Training posted:

Which one to buy?

Ya. The GBA version is there along with the SNES. The GBA one has washed out colors and a hosed up aspect ratio, and the sound is lovely too, but a guy in Games told me the SNES one has noticeable input lag so I'm not sure.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Luigi is also in the GBA version, which almost makes up for all the bad stuff about it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

dont worry about input lag lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The SNES version is flawless, as someone who just recently did a 96 exit playthrough on that version. The GBA version of Yoshi's Island kinda sucks so I imagine SMW is similarly disappointing.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

a guy in Games told me the SNES one has noticeable input lag so I'm not sure.

that guy's controller or tv or something is hosed up probably, because he's wrong.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

GOnna start Peace Walker, and then maybe play some cities skylines, gtav, or witcher 3 if i can put it down. I like listening to podcasts and playing games like cities skylines, or elite: dangerous, or euro trucker

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Thanks to all. I've purchased the SNES version and am going to have a great time playing one of the favorite games ever tonight. :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thanks to all. I've purchased the SNES version and am going to have a great time playing one of the favorite games ever tonight. :cheers:

He'll yeah. SMW is my favorite 2D Mario game.