Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Nuclear Throne

This has become my go-to game for when I have 10 minutes to mess around and just want to shoot stuff. I love it

Best mutation is scarier face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

C-Euro posted:

oh poo poo i just realized i own Mark of the Ninja, nvm i'll start there

Nice, that's a good one

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

qnqnx posted:

Isn't that version exceptionally buggy?

been playing Nuclear Throne off and on but whenever I play a daily or weekly I see qnqnx's score on my friends leaderboard and it makdes me feel embarrassed for myself

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

lol

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I was a teenager who loved nine inch nails and doom when quake came out and it blew my loving mind

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

That was a reply to a post from a couple pages back

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Also it's Tuesday

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

mount and blade

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Gonna start Pillars of Eternity tonight

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

ArfJason posted:

i think im gonna follow your lead and finally get through Deus Ex, Thief 1 and 2, and maybe sneak in some csg.o

I should replay Deus Ex and the Thief games sometime too

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Oh I just assumed they were and didn't actually check :P

That feature is free with the patch and it's very nice

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Original Links Awakening is nice too

my favorite classic gameboy game. the music was great too

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

mount and blade

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Larry Parrish posted:

Speaking of. How do the bonus areas work. Like once after I looped Big Bandit spawned on 1-1 and I got teleported to an undersea area. And sometimes I randomly find a green portal in the sewers to the turtle sewers. IDGI.

The 1-x portal spawns if you rush the chests without killing anything, which will summon the bandit boss, if you then kill him in under a certain about of time it will spawn the portal. The turtle level spawns if you blow up the round manhole cover (there is always one in the sewers) with an explosive weapon. There are a few other secret levels but I've never gotten any besides YT's mansion, I think you can get one by going to crystal caverns with a cursed weapon but I'm not sure about that

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

trying to jack off posted:

you have to use a wiki

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

how is that vodka?

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

GorfZaplen posted:

Nuclear Throne. Eyes+Euphoria+Throne Butt=👌

this is the only mutation combo i can win the game with because i am terrible at the bullet hell throne bossfight

im going to play path of exile tonight

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

slower bullets + stronger telekinesis means you can just stand in one place holding the secondary skill button and nothing will hit you

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

i havent decided yet between EU4, nuclear throne, path of exile
and stellaris

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I might try playing the Gwent beta but when I played earlier this week it was really boring and I couldn't get into it

so probably more Path of Exile and phone games this weekend

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

should i buy Tyranny, the premise looks fun but i really haven't played cRPGs much at all

please stay on topic. this is about games your playing on the weekend, not what games should you play. mess up again and you'll have me to deal with and you really dont want that

my weekend ended today, I played Path of Exile and phone games all weekend. Somehow PoE is able to keep my attention even though Iä#ve been rerolling too much and re-doing the content. it is a very good game

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

finally getting around to the talos principle which I have owned for a long time and never played. its a good game and I'm aving fun

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I started Dishonored, working on my backlog of games I own but have not played

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Wormskull posted:

I tried to make it resemble my WoW charactor.

that is really cool

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Steam workshop has messed up some games for me, last time I played skyrim I spent more time browsing mods than I did playing the game. Same thing happened with cities skylines

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

might finish Dishonored tonight, might watch a movie instead, we'll see

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Lol

Merry Christmas imps

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

i want to start LISA this weekend

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

i think im going to read a book this weekend instead of gaming

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

gonna try to finish the witness tonight. not sure if its going to happen.... there are a lot of loving puzzles

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

playing dwarf fortress on a saturday night

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

im tempted to get the stellaris expansion but ill probably just end up playing dwarf fortress

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Man I really wish the screenshot feature worked with PS1 games. THeres lots of really good dialogue in Wild Arms.

That's a really good game that I have to replay sometime

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

playing a lot of Xenonauts lately. it's pretty much exactly what i wanted from an original X-COM remake

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Major Isoor posted:

Hell yeah! Xenonauts is great; I'm glad that I Kickstarted that game. (Only thing I actually HAVE Kickstarted, now that I think about it...) It COULD use a little improvement in one or two areas I feel, however I believe those minor flaws are due the the engine they were stuck with. Overall, it's a solid improvement over the original, without sacrificing the original's difficulty - exactly what I wanted.

Hope you have a successful campaign! Your post reminds me that I need to get back into the game again too, actually...maybe once I've beaten my new games from the sale.

I agree, it's not perfect, but it scratches the itch. Haven't played the Xenonauts 2 demo yet (just downloaded it from GOG) but I've heard it's got all the stuff they got right in the first one with improvements to everything else, so I'm looking forward to checking it out

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.gog.com/game/xenonauts_2_demo fro anyone interested

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

i forgot sgdq was on so i needed to play something on a portable and went with the vita version of Origin. still ticked this game doesnt have cross save support with the console version.

I still need to beat that

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I figured since I was going to just be watching sgdq for 20 hours a day I can blow through Hugo's campaign on easy while not paying attention and unlock Toal

I shelved it for a while after my last gamepad bit the dust, just need to get back into it

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

hope I can make it through month six in my current playthrough of Xenonauts, if so I should be able to win the game. it's getting really hard though. Terror missions at this stage in the game are an absolute nightmare with a bunch of rookies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Larry Parrish posted:

Xenonauts is just hard in general I find. I did have an epic mission where an alien burst fired, hit the reactor in those small scouts, which blew the heck up and killed most of my team and all the remaining aliens

I've been tempted to do that a few times