Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'd like to honor my Game Club commitment this weekend and play Wizards & Warriors tonight and then after play some Deep Rock Galactic with my buddies. I just promoted my first dwarf :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

elf help book posted:

somehow right now i have multiple friends who decided both to play through the kh games, and also decided to skip bbs and they are FOOLS

I'm halfway through KH2.5 after not having played since the original release a million years ago

I'm also off today and I'm probably gonna play Dark Souls 3 with the Convergence mod. this poo poo makes boringass DS3 cool

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

The Kins posted:

i will try this and bring shame to your house by being unfathomably awful at it

also tried playing tf2 for the first time in years yesterday, spent half the time trying to find a community server that wasn't either full, 200+ ping and/or 24/7 2FORT INSTANT RESPAWN NO FLAGS FREE ITEMS 10X WEAPONS. i don't think the tf2 burnout i gave myself has gone away, but i'll give 'er another couple goes...

I still go download FrankHUD whenever I get the wild itch to play TF2 every now and again

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

playing Gundam Evolution. Rick dom ftw

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Mega Man Zero doesn’t gently caress around lol.

the mega man zero games fuckin whip

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s really cool so far though it took me a while to realize that you can level up your gun/sword. I’m only a few missions in and the stages aren’t too bad but some of the bosses are pretty tough.

literally the only bad part of the first game is that you have to level up your weapons to expand their movesets. i think that's done away with as of the second one

if you didn't realize already, maintaining A rank or higher when killing bosses nets you their special moves so it's worth practicing and retrying levels

poo poo i should get back to my runthrough with the legacy collection some time. too many games to play rn

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

Taking a little break after beating Monsoon on Revengeance. Not exactly feeling in a great mood for gaming today after getting an eviction notice lol.

that sucks, dude, I'm sorry. I dunno where you live but there may be resources for you, I know in DC at least going to the eviction court hearing is super important because you can find advocates there who can help you get an extension

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm impressed by people who can just say "oh yeah I'm just playing this today" and that's it

I have like a dozen games I might cycle through today

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

In Training posted:

~3 is my limit but between G rank monster hunter and 6 straight months of doom gaming I'm getting too tense with all these action games and might throw that poo poo away and pick up a baby rear end jrpg I haven't played. Open to suggestions

what are you looking for in a jrpg... lot of good stuff out there

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

never mind any other poo poo anybody says then. it's time to hang out with mallow and geno

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I feel like playing Shadow Hearts again but I might just start the whole game over since I don’t remember what the gently caress I was doing.

i played shadow hearts the way through and loved it in all its jankitude and then started playing covenant and didn't love it as much. i should get back to that

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ArfJason posted:

i felt so unbelievably down that i didnt even bother making dinner and played a variety of stuff like FEAR, mg2, and got back to mirrors edge catalyst to distract myself. Gamers, its hard out there.

hope you feel better.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

jk i started a fresh file on revengeance mode just now and felt pretty good about parrying the three soldiers before i heard a moo and got bowled over for 100% of my health

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

i remembered there's direct weapon damage upgrades in this game so after taking three minutes to defeat the gekko and promptly dying to multiple blade wolves hanging out in the next area, i decided to bump it down to very hard

*russian guy going "woo!! yeah, fuckin cut it in half!"* just remembered this is my favorite game

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

elf help book posted:

very hard is still drat nasty because thats when the enemies stop taking turns and get 3 rocket launcher guys shooting you at once .000003 seconds after they spawn

yeah I remembered this when fighting the two blade wolves and multiple rocket launcher guys who just spawn in and do not give a gently caress what you're currently doing. I've beaten very hard on a ng+ on the PS3 one million years ago but I'm doing it now on a fresh file which is gonna be tough

I got to the first hostage situation before deciding I should get in bed. gotta be rested up...

also I realized it's gonna take me the rest of the month to beat because I'm calling every friend after every encounter because there's so much good dialogue. codec ftmfw, rising is the perfect end cap for what metal gear was before the half-finished mgsv

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

elf help book posted:

yeah playing through it again has got me thinking a bunch about stuff like how cool it woulda been if kojima couldve actually stepped away from mg after 3 or 4 and let (theoretical non-existent) trustworthy developers of platinum's caliber make various games in the world

or how its actually pretty short and i wonder if thats a budget thing from this game kinda being in a weird dev hell in a while before being handed off
or how blade wolf doesnt really do anything on screen after joining you and maybe if a tiny bit of that led to platinum making astral chain

i think that's just a part of platinum game development where they only have so much budget and so they normally create shorter experiences with replayability. astral chain's the weird one for being pretty long, iirc

i should play ac after i'm done with rising, it's been a while since i played these games

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Scattered around the ocean floor I’d imagine

i won't scatter your gibs to the heartless sea

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

digimon

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

continuing my fresh file "give me god of war" run

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

playing Suikoden 1 for the first time on my steam deck. what a gem I'd missed, it rocks

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I can't believe I missed this as a kid. a whole new classic RPG series to play through... gamer's bliss

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s also not grindy at all since XP scales based on character level so low level party members catch up super quick.

my team's level 30 and I brought a level 8 guy with me and he had made it to level 27 within maybe 10 fights. it's the most considerate exp scaling I've ever seen

That Little Demon posted:

2 pissed me off because it has a glitch where if you import your data from 1 it makes your characters name his first name and last name lol

okay lol maybe I can find a save editor for 2

grieving for Gandalf fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 12, 2022

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

going to sleep at 730 for work at 4pm because I played death stranding all night long lmfao

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

also it's god of war 5 all day long. thank you sony

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lol but now imagining if they added a dwarf character who's just katt williams

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

chained echoes, which whips rear end so far. tomorrow I'll get on dwarf fortress

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Strained Anus.

Wormskull posted:

Stained Jncos.

lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

hbd, major. it's my best friend's birthday today too :)

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Overwatch 2 smurfing til my ban is up.

I play on console with friends and PC to be sweaty every now and again, and putting the "masters challenger" title I earned on console makes people so much more toxic at the garbage level I'm at it's hilarious

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

In Training posted:

I still haven't unlocked Ranked bc I need to win 50 quick play matches.

*turns chair around to sit in it backwards and adopts the tone of an alcoholic giving a lecture to a classroom full of high school students* don't do what I've done

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

In Training posted:

Lots of DQIX. Think I'm on the final story bit then gonna check out the postgame.

Also got peer pressured into installing the Final fantasy XI fan project private server that's launching this weekend. Hype.

I've never played FFXI. getting in on a big server launch might be fun

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Frenz posted:

Final Fantasy XI

waiting for it to open

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

In Training posted:

Where we dropping. I made a Elf in Sand town.

i made a human rdm in bastok because i read that's where you get a cool ring for humans

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

In Training posted:

if there's a guild system we could try to add people. i have absolutely no idea how FFXI works.

I am running around trying to figure out how to actually do anything. every button on my keyboard that I hope would bring up an equipment window or something actually turns my guy around in a new direction

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I am running around trying to figure out how to actually do anything. every button on my keyboard that I hope would bring up an equipment window or something actually turns my guy around in a new direction

god help me I don't even know how to close the game

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lol

In Training posted:

yup. i spent so long trying to log in at all, changing the language to english, and then trying to figure out how to move the camera before the devs turned off the servers to do bugfixing. so far so good

I had thought I was gonna use kb+m but I don't think this poo poo is designed for it at all, get a controller if you have one and gently caress around with the gamepad configuration to make sure your buttons do what you want them to do

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Wormskull posted:

IIRC his is ZX for left right, left mouse for forward, space for shoot, maybe ctrl or C for back I forget.

this is how my dad plays games. he buys every call of duty and battlefield for the campaign and uses these settings because "that's how they used to be"

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Frenz posted:

195 people in Buburimu and 500+ in Valkurm trying to get their 5% drop SJ items... LFG!!!!

i'm waiting to login so i can begin my red mage journey in earnest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

In Training posted:

I got annoyed with ffxi server disconnects and booted up Xenoblade 3, the most stable single player MMO out there.

just in time, it came back up