Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm going to get some quality time with new vegas today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
has anyone tried submerged? it's on sale on PSN right now, and i think it looks good but would like to get opinions.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just got a corsair cherry mx keyboard, and holy poo poo is it nice. it's like typing on a cloud.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

dark souls 3. gonna get thru the story and be ready for the dlc in s few days. should finally stream some i guess

i'm thinking about starting up a more or less pure pyromancer just for fun.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm playing this game called secrets of grindea, which is an... ok zelda clone with a cool skill system

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

rediscover posted:

i bought this for 10 cents or something like 2 years ago and it seemed OK but there wasnt a lot to do in it.. would you recommend giving it another go ?

it has a really straight forward quest line that lasts for about 10 hours. they actually do a lot of work for an early access game, and they've increased the content by about 25%. combat is really fun and well crafted, for what it is, and this is like the 1 in 10 game where i wish it was just a proc gen ARPG instead of a handcrafted SP campaign, but the bosses are decent, and the quest design is OK if you can look past the plot.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i loaded up bioshock since i hadn't played it since it came out, and the combat is super floaty and lovely, and your weapons take up 1/3rd of the screen.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
people weren't kidding: grim dawn really does suck rear end.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

No snow in Dallas even though friends in Houston, San Antonio, and Louisiana have reported snow. Going to be in the 70s over the next couple days :whitewater: Writing a letter of complaint to God while continuing the Stellaris game I started last night for distinctly non-snowy day gaming.

if you think that god will notice a single letter of complaint about living in texas, then i'm not sure what to tell you

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
peggle 2 owns

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dragon's Dogma is really fun, but I'm getting to the point where i'm sort of sick of it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i sort of want something on pc like stardew valley where i'm building up a little homestead or w/e. there are so many bad crafting games that it's hard to find something decent, though.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i reinstalled starbound, played for 5 minutes and then immediately uninstalled it.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
that mostly made me dislike andy kaufman and continue to think of jim carrey as a pompous idiot who didn't actually understand andy kaufman

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i have all of the bioshocks in my library from a sale, and i hated infinite immediately and then tried replaying BS1 and hated that immediately (despite loving it on release). i don't think i'll ever play BS2.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

When bioshock 1 came out I was on summer vacation with my parents, and the house we were in only had an old CRT in the attic. I brought up my xbox but there was awful glare from really high windows, so I propped some old mattresses up against the wall to block them and our neighbors across the street thought a paranoid conspiracy theorist was renting the place because all night long they could see light coming through the mattressed windows

i split it with a friend and we traded the controller back and forth to finish it in one night, but going back to it the guns are terrible and take up 3/4 of the screen and movement sucks and everything looks goofy

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fungah! posted:

still too sick to play anything thats actually challenging, so i'll probably keep playing dq builders. game's great, its super cute and building a town is really nice and feels rewarding

i liked it a lot, although was not a huge fan of the boss fights wrecking up my little dollhouse world. i wish that they had online a little better in terms of sharing buildings, but the sandbox part is also fun.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i bought a few cheap adventure games on steam, and i'm giving those a try

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

goferchan posted:

which ones?

dr. doyle and detective grimoire so far. i like puzzle agent a lot, and both seem similar.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
one of the cheap adventure games i got was made in whatever the game-maker software for point-n-click is, which apparently hasn't been patched in a while, so i had to change a bunch of system settings in win10 to even play it correctly.

i then went through the first chapter of the game, which is a pretty enjoyable detective story, and have gotten to one of those "what is the developer thinking" puzzles where i've tried clicking on and combining every single thing i can see in the game, but now have no idea what to do next, and since the game is greenlight and like 4 total people have played it there's not even a youtube video of some person playing through it i can use for a hint.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

P-Mack posted:

an explosion of interest in roguelike elements by people who don't understand roguelikes at all

i guess it's cheaper and quicker than designing levels by hand

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
that game is so disappointing

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
FFVI ftw

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
FFVI is one of those games i've played so much that i regrettably don't think i could go back to it, but it's fun reading people's first impressions of it here

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
going into Zozo and getting attacked in a town, getting my stuff stolen, and having townsfolk lie to me blew my mind as a young gamer

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
DUSK just got straight up deleted from my steam library and i have no idea why or how

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
crimsonland (top down arena shooter similar to robotech or smash tv, but with a really fun perk system) is on sale right now for 3 bucks, so i bought that, and i've been having a great time replaying it. i like the stuff they added for this version.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

trying to jack off posted:

im thinking i might have to get their new epic meme game tesla vs lovecraft

lol, there was an in-game ad for that in crimsonland

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
more crimsonland. just got to hardcore.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

rediscover posted:

Slay the Spire today as well because I'm getting Hooked on it

i've heard this is fun as poo poo, but i think it might be a sale game for me

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
turfmasters seems cool. the only golf game i ever really got into was one of the tiger woods games on the OG xbox, but it was very relaxing and fun.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

extremebuff posted:

well after playing botw for 5 hours straight, i have no desire to do anything besides playing botw until my brain forces me to fall asleep

it's a good game, for sure

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

RE0. This is a beautifully rendered train

it's the RE0 speed wagon, lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Major Isoor posted:

I'm sensing 'that ain't love', you're expressing? I know it might be difficult for you to try to change this and that you 'can't fight this feeling', but I think you should at least attempt to 'roll with the changes' this thread is taking and 'live every moment' with all the 'variety tonight', that's happening in here. (But sadly, this might only be possible 'in my dreams')

(I'm sorry, I'm not helping, I know! :D Just couldn't resist, after seeing sector's post, haha)

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Mildly drunk and browsing eBay listings for BMX XXX

i feel like this and THE MAN GAME were the closest american consoles ever got to having AO games, which is maybe good, i guess

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

The guy game was pulled from shelves because one of the women in it turned out to be underaged. I think it's worth a billion dollars these days

lol, holy poo poo. a friend of mine bought it from blockbuster when they were liquidating games and we played it for like 40 minutes, and it loving sucked.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cobalt Viper posted:

My dad would rent those AO NES playing card games from the mom & pop game rental place we went to.

??

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i want to try out jackbox irl tonight with friends, but i don't want to pay 75 dollars for all four, or 25 bucks a piece. i wish i'd gotten it during the sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

Have them join up in my stream. Put it on the big screen. Tell them to buttfuck that follow button and, he’ll, subscribe if they think they have the sack! http://twitch.tv/Wormskull

"look, i'm warning you right now, watch out for this guy named synthy."