Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Black Baby Goku posted:

is the DLC for this any good? I think the base game was the best total war, and they have only gone downhill since

Atilla has a really cool setting but it's hard to play and from what I see when I play like the Romans, is that the Goths and Huns never do anything interesting so nothing cool happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
New Tomb Raider is good.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

is this guy for real?

Sorry about the thread

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerkops posted:

It is now Tuesday but my Steam library tells me that I played Invisible Inc on Friday night which I have no reason to disbelieve and I assume I enjoyed it due to the lack of negative emotions associated with this thought

On second thought I remember being disappointed that the random level generation nutsacked me again but isn't facing with vim and vigor a situation you have no chance of winning a thrilling experience?

human being

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Boy: Hey Billy! Hey Joey! Come on in. There's plenty of room.
Sorry, not you, Lunchmeat LArry.
LML: Why not?
[boy points to sign, "No Larrys Club"]
But you let in Larry Parrish.
Larry Parrish.: [pops head out window] Hyuck hyuck!
Boy: It says no Larry_s_. We're allowed to have one.

Lunchmeat is the better Larry though

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I need more Korean action movies like that, in my life.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At least nobody can say you wasted money on it

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

I'd rather be playing Peace Walker than any sort of storygame, but I shall compromise.

To be fair, it's the best storygame you could be playing.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That was a good thread.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Everything about that statement is funny.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

im watching professional Dota 2

America wins the first International. Freaking sensational.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got a character to Cruel difficulty in the new Path of Exile league. Act 4 is freaking cool and it feels a bit shorter than other acts, but it's got a lot of cool bosses. The final boss is more fun of a fight than Dominus ever was. Im gonna play more of this game tonight.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

subhuman filth posted:

i liked diablo 3 after reaper of souls, but before they started treadmilling the game with super legendaries. would i like path of exile?

I never played Diablo 3, and I never even got further than act 2 in Diablo 2. IDK. There's a lot of freedom in path of exile... All classes do is determine where u start in the massive skill tree, and your base stats. And your model ofc. But you can skill anything, obviously some stuff is closer and more feasible than other stuff. The problem with this is that respec points are few and far inbetween so you'll probably end up redoing Normal Difficulty a bunch while you figure it out.

My chief complaint with the game is that skill gems are RNG based except for the occasional quest reward, but I think they buffed the drop rate a bunch because I seem to be getting one per map.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The White Dragon posted:

[tell] me how to deal with realm divide in shogun 2

actually no i lie, i'm fuckin blazed so maybe i need something cruise like grandia 1 in preparation for grandia 2's imminent steam release. i can't command your army tonight

because in nippon it isn't called super mario world 2, they added that to give it brand appeal in the west
:goonsay:

You're loving retarded mate

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm probably gonna play some MGS5 and try for a few more S-ranks, but some strategy game I pre-ordered is coming out today I think so I'm gonna play that and probably refund it

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Grand Ages: Medieval? If so, how was it? I preordered that one too because I really loved Grand Ages: Rome, and the gameplay still looked pretty good once I realized that Medieval was an entirely different game in an entirely different genre by an entirely different dev team than Rome (-_-), but I won't have a chance to game until like Thursday and the user reviews were at like 44% positive last time I checked :whitewater:

Unless you're talking about a different strategy game that came out yesterday.

Yeah. From what I've played it seems decent but apparently the combat is horrible according to Games but I havent gotten into that part yet.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I listened to a thunderstorm and read a book outside instead of gaming, on my Friday.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

Sorry about your wet book.

I was under a rain cover thing

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I'm going to try the new Civilization: Beyond Earth expansion that came out today, and then maybe play Dragon Ball Xenoverse or The Witcher 3 again--the rest of my library has been neglected since MGS V came out

I thought vanilla BE was insane garbage, but with the expansion it's pretty good and I'm enjoying it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerkops posted:

Last night I finally finished up Telltale's Game of Thrones up to Episode 5 since the last one is supposed to come out in a couple weeks. Still not sure how I feel about the game, the writing is good and the art style is pretty nice but sometimes I wish I was just reading a book. Maybe the final episode will bring it all together nicely.

I think those games look like poo poo but I enjoy Life Is Strange so maybe I'm a hypocrite.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've been trying to beat the first level of Examina and its really hard. I actually did beat it tonight but I took a lot of damage so I died really early in level 2, and I missed a lot of loot.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

Life is Strange very good.

The games thread is full of whining about the ending but I liked it. What did you think about it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

I liked it too, although I chose the Chloe lives ends because I thought it would be more interesting and it definitely wasn't. Really depressing end for such a sweet game. I got flashbacks to the feels of watching Donnie Darko in high school. Overall really good use of dead whales to indicate shits hosed and this games got one of the best coziest original soundtracks I've ever heard.

I chose the other ending and I never watched Donnie Darko but I enjoyed everything about the game.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Eagle posted:

How good is act 4?

I'm playing Isaac/Dragon Quest VI

It has less areas total than the other acts I think, but just about every boss fight has custom moves and stuff, and there's one in every single area, on top of the normal unique mob. The final boss fight is hard but more fun than Dominus IMO. There's also a bunch of other stuff added or changed besides the act 4 content in the 2.0 update so there's a lot of cool new stuff in general. New league starts on Monday

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Probably going to play Path of Exile

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I played a little fallout 4 tonight and the novelty has worn off. Glad that Old Seattle will be really good in about a year though.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

I killed the butterfly using the Gold Pine Resin I got back in Undead Burg.

I don't use those. Maybe that's why I'm bad at Dark Souls

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Action Tortoise posted:

You don't need them. There's a summon right before the fog gate. Also that boss is one of those where you can be overleveled when you first encounter them.

I played DS2 before DS1 so I'm extra bad at I. I have never fought anything beyond the asylum demon.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am sure Nintendo will step up to the plate and make something even easier to use than the built in windows recording. But it will be after everyone else has offered it for a few years

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I played MGS5 with Big Picture mode. Big Picture mode sucks lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wish it didn't display games that don't support controllers. Nobody is going to boot up that in Big Picture and sit down at a desk with KB/M.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to play the new EU4 DLC until I can't stand sitting on the floor any longer, then I'll play XCOM: Enemy Within with my xbox controller.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im playing EU4 and having fun.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I got Legacy of the Void. Going to play that.

Let me know if the campaign is any good.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
RIP Knuc, pwned by the sadbrains IT janitor

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dongicus posted:

Xenonauts

It's good. I just wish the engine wasn't so fail and hard to mod, because I wish it had human psychics like XCOM. Everything else is sw33t though.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its my friday today and im watching Kitchen Nightmares because im too tired to game currently.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The best CS I've ever played was 6 beers into the night.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have ADHD so I'll probably mostly play Dragon's Dogma but I want to put some time into PC MGO and probably chip away at some more stuff in FF13 because I still want to beat that game but jesus it's long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Probably gonna play Dragons Dogma or MGO3. Maybe even EU4 or AI War.