Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

torn between dawn of sorrow and order of ecclesia

e: ds for sure

mbt fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Sep 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

total war 3 kingdoms, nanman expansion is very good

Brasseye posted:

finished Death Stranding last night, got that vague feeling of gloom i get after beating a really great game that absorbed me for a month.. probably going to start the Yakuza series next or pick up disco elysium, or maybe the outer wilds.

you cant go wrong with any of those!
The Yakuza series are drat good games.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

iceborne and total war 3 kingdoms

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Valkyria Chronicles

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

mycophobia posted:

now im looking for civ 4 mods

caveman2cosmos is fun, start as a caveman and end up warping between dimensions after about a month or two of playtime

heres the tech tree

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Finishing valkyria chronicles, then more three houses.

I got a copy of 'masters of doom' too. I heard good things about it

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

about to beat fire emblem three houses (black lions edelgart route) then start fire emblem conquest

I like three houses and will probably ng+ another house at some point but the monastery teaching portion of it is kind of tedious after a while.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

you can get sacred stones on virtual gba for 3ds, that one is good but very classic fire emblem

awakening is probably my favorite fe

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Fe awakening hard mode, and some phantasy star 4

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

I'm playing the Enhanced Edition. The quality of life gameplay stuff is amazing but the new companions are really bad and really obvious because they get special voice acting where nothing else in the whole game does. I'm avoiding them if I can though

They're good though. Wild mages are fun, baeloth is super powerful, and you can pretend dorn is worf

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

It just gives me a bad vibe. Like the song and dance number in the updated Return of the Jedi

the default companions are definitely better but yeah you arent going to miss out on anything by skipping them.

siege of dragonspear is a better setting where they dont all seem jammed in

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Fe fates conquest, smt4

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Bravely is easier to break over you knee if you know the right tricks though, I breezed through most of the game after unlocking Dark Knight

that's literally the difference he talked about though, ff5 you can pick 4 that sound cool, bd is finding the op class

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lmfao

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Project diablo 2

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Noita and project diablo 2 maybe

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Getting back into hyrule warriors

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Fungah! posted:

durlag's is epic and watcher's keep in 2 is 100x more epic

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Diablo 3

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Skype call with grandma then total war three kingdoms

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

the group makes up the rules as you go
what kind of game is this

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

so like, for instance, i played a game with about 10 people once - someone made a rule that everyone had to have a royal title, and someone made a rule that set up a shop, with prices. people made rules like "whenever you pass a rule, you get 10 gold" (or whatever), and you could spend that at the shop to get things, most of them resources like gems, gold, oil, silver, etc. at some point, someone gave everyone hit points, that we mostly forgot about, and there were swords in the store that could be used to take a hit point from someone. one of the things in the shop was "whoever owns this has to only talk in sean connery quotes, in his voice." two rules lawyer-y people stuck me with the sean connery thing to get me out of the way, then made rules that made both of them oil barons so that they could buy enough swords to just kill everyone else, and they won.

lmao yeah id be down for this if you still need people

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

symbolic posted:

happy birthday, gamers

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

In Training posted:

It's relaxing and fun to glide around and collect Treasure, Dragons and Eggs.

been saying this

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Phantasy star 4

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

nox, a weird arpg from 2000

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

I loved that game as a kid. What class did you play? Are you going to do all the campaigns? What do you think of it as a 2020 gamer?
check back in the 'games beat' thread lol

probably going to go sorcerer. it reminds me a lot of divine divinity except a lot more fluid. a relic of the era people made arpgs and didn't try to clone diablo

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

symbolic posted:

watching the credits roll for Origami King, then i'm gonna finally dip my toe into Yakuza with 0

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

phantasy star 4 and nox

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Bounced off cyberpunk hard

Back to phantasy star 4

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

P-Mack posted:

Shooting someone with a giant gun and all it does is make numbers pop up, but in the good way

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

gonna do distant gaming with my brother (he's playing through witcher 3 for the first time) and a ton of cyberpunk tonight. going to stay up late because i have the next two weeks off from work and tomorrow's my birthday. then more cyberpunk tomorrow night and the night after that. monday is distant magic night with the friends.

happy birthday!

Amid Evil + phantasy star

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Just finished Masters of Doom, gonna celebrate with doom e1 and commander keen 4

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

everyday is the weekend until the new year.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

deus ex human revolution

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Dishonored 2 (high chaos)

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

ArfJason posted:

I did start dishonored