Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I came in to post Taue coming out to Malmsteen, but yeah Shadow Explosion is the manliest piece of music ever composed.

I used to have a long gone YT video saved of a few dudes performing Sniper in a tiny pub and it was wonderful. It was like Japanese Scorch's PFG TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Spermgod posted:

I've seen some sources cite the artist "DDT" but as far as I can tell that's just the artist name AJPW would release their theme music CDs under which doesn't really mean anything.

Yeah, I got a copy of one of their early '90s albums from Highspots many years ago and they were some band that covered everyone's themes. Worth it for Engrish covers of Danger Zone and Servin' Hard Time.

Tamon Honda coming out to GBH was pretty great too, if not exactly fitting.

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jul 13, 2015

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

^^ Sternness is weak poo poo compared to Shadow Explosion :colbert:

The Holly's music was also in DodgeBall IIRC. And TNN played a bunch of WCW production themes back when they televised NHRA events, including Benoit's awful music (which also has awful lyrics).

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

One I just remembered, but the music from Basic Thuganomics was on some '80s Indy 500 highlight video I had as a kid.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Spermgod posted:

Kobashi's original theme is Sniper by Masaki Matsubara:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1Eu0r0c1zU

From what I've read, Kobashi loved this song as a teenager and initially never wanted it changed. A world without Grand Sword just wouldn't be as fun.

• Locked thread