Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im having a small drink after dinner and Im going to livepost my viewing of the latest Wakako-Zake ep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The OP started/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

She's is goin to drink beer and eat deep fried chicken.

Edit: she drank the beer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shes drinking again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's over. Thanks for reading.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Forgot to mention that she also ate fried chicken during this episode.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Do japanese people really fry their chicken in sake? Idk about that, man...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ka0 posted:

"Umami" and the books that've been written about it are the biggest pieces of bullshit ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjwvJ9E7nIQ&t=21s

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ooooohh mommy that's good :D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There is a fried chicken place with walking distance of where I live and it's very dangerous to have so close...delicious stuff though, and when you get chicken to go they fill the brown bag with corn fritters just for kicks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The place near me is a Local Independently Owned Family Restaurant with only Two Locations :grin: :smug:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

.jpg posted:

It was the first time I made salted salmon and it was really good. I usually find sake ok at best, but eating the salty crispy skin and then drinking the sake made it taste great. I've learned so much from 2 minutes of anime.

It's stupid easy to make too http://www.justonecookbook.com/how-to-cook-salmon-salted-salmon/
Though the instructions to bake it for 20@400f was enough to murder the flesh so I'm going to grill or broil the remaining fillets I have left.

I'm going to do this on Wednesday.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Let's all cook everything they make in Wakako-Zake like those people who try to cook all of the meals in Hannibal sans Human meat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My sake and salt soaked salmon is in the fridge and will be ready for tomorrow's dinner.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

K. Flaps posted:

What's some good sake you can buy at a normal store or amazon here in the west.

I don't know poo poo about sake sadly. There is a liquor store near me that sells 3 brands of normal sake and then a bunch of fruit flavored sakes, so I bought the most expensive bottle of the 3 normal brands, which was still super cheap. So id like to know this as well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The salmon is in the oven and the pieces of tiny so I'm probably going to overcook it :cheers:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jostiband posted:

Why not take it out early? (unless that means you're overcooking it because you're busy drinking beer)

I am taking it out early, but also the pieces are different sizes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

i did the salmon making to but i forgot to take pictures sorry

How was it, also did you have rice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ilu wakako

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Blasphemy! Rice, no chopsticks and no square wooden cup? :mad:

She'll never love me back, but I must do what I can.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

after I finish eating all this fish in a week I will make the fried chicken next, and Wakako's food will likely feed me for the length of its run.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Forgot to transfer some of my frozen salmon to the fridge for defrosting before leaving for the day, mother f*cker!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I am going to be eating the last piece of salted salmon that I prepared a week ago, tonight. Then I will make the fried chicken this weekend

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Alright, gently caress Kouhai-kun.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

.jpg posted:

I was going to make karaage but I ran out of oil so I'll make it tomorrow

I did make mushi-pan though

used the recipe here but subbed 1tbsp of flour for corn starch and used creme fraiche instead of yogurt. If I do them again I'd use only 1/2 tsp baking powder because they tasted a bit of soda.

Stupidly easy and quick to make though, pretty difficult to gently caress them up

Wow looks delectable

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im going to eat American fried chicken for dinner tomorrow and then make Karaage on monday

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

hallo spacedog posted:

Was not expecting to see my giant effort post in the op...but you guys should come to the GWS thread. There's been more effort to cook Japanese food in the 4 pages of this thread than that whole thing.

Hello, spacedog.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

K. Flaps posted:

You guys know how princess jellyfish is kuragahime in japanese? Well, Wakoko is Karaagehime.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The karaage is en route to the data center.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

.jpg posted:

Not especially Japanese but I made purin or as the white barbarians call it, creme caramel...

i'm so sorry Wakako-san, I tried to write your name in a heart of caramel... but I broke your heart... :cry:

The caramel is being manipulated by a stand user

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

.jpg posted:

How was your fried chicken earlier in the week?

Good but I don't think I used enough of the spices and sauces, or didn't get enough coverage, because there were a few pieces that weren't very flavorful. The salmon was a much better Wakako-cipe.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spoilers...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have fallen behind on this show but I'm going to catch up today.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Xelkelvos posted:

She has to drink some time

Wakako-zake X Drinking Girls

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

And they grab dinner at the Wagnaria Restaurant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008