Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

glowing-fish posted:

I might read it then. There is a lot of reading for me to do!

Its more of a social theory than an economic theory. As a social/philosophical theory, Heidegger and Lyotard, I would say.

An analytic philosophy professor is sitting in their office smoking a blunt, leaning back in their chair as they watch cat videos. Their chair breaks and their weed goes flying out the window into a trash can two stories down, it is raining, the trash can is full of water. "Someone is talking about Heidegger...." they mutter under their breath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Shbobdb posted:

I love internet crackpots, but are people seriously still pretending to pay attention to a failed adjunct professor of education who wants to teach at the college level but doesn't have a Ph.D.?

I'm fine having fun with a mentally crazy person but since he is actually crazy and doesn't have anything to contribute maybe we should just let him be?

I mean I had part of a post typed up before I went and got a soda water then read this, but is that what's happening here? Cuz that OP is all sorts of bizarre

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

eldemiror posted:

I think there are great continental authors and that they are in general more thought provoking than analytical philosophers

If that thought is "what a bunch of terrible horseshit" ya continental philosophy is really thought provoking.

• Locked thread