Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

This does explain a lot. Let me tell you something, buddy, if your pet idea had any weight to it you wouldn't be able to describe it in one medium-length forums post. You would need this thing called "research" which is usually quite a few long reads, but also keeps your pet theory from being what we call pseudoscience. Or hell, it's not even that at this point, it's you claiming stuff to be true without anything to back it up besides your say-so.

This. You are kind the equivalent of a guy on Freep right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

The OP to this thread seems almost like 101 privilege theory through the lens of someone who read the term 'class consciousness' and decided that it's relevant to the id and the superego.

Then injected their own ego.

I think that this is a silly thread that doesn't yet contain and probably will never have "an institutional theory of the bourgeois" but every additional person who looks around dissatisfied and tries starting to order their worldview into something a little closer to reality is a win in my book. Keep searching glowing-fish the people here just get mad because they're frustrated.

• Locked thread