Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

01011001 posted:

yeah definitely. the rest owned though
Yeah, I just never used the guns unless I was forced to. I liked it better than GTA's guns, though, and not focusing on them helped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

http://cinemassacre.com/2015/07/13/burnout-3-takedown-ps2-james-mike-mondays/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh hells yeah

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

this is loving win

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

a F2P MMO or whatever Sleeping Dogs 2 is.

wait a second what

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lesbian baphomet posted:

wait a second what

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triad_Wars

Dec 26, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

wait a second what

square enix does some really dumb poo poo sometimes

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

ah gently caress, i can't believe they've done this

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

[Mike Matei voice:] 'Cause Black cars are evil.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The third time Mike says "A MILLION miles per hour!?" I poo poo my pants.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

The third time Mike says "A MILLION miles per hour!?" I poo poo my pants.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

elf help book posted:

whenever i was driving a car in vice city and saw a motorcycle rider, i would ram them from behind as fast as i could

Yes.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

01011001 posted:

square enix does some really dumb poo poo sometimes

At one point I believed that Square didn't make bad games.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Human Grand Prix posted:

Same.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

time is a wastin posted:

Lol this dude wants to play with dolls

lol

Dec 26, 2012

Human Grand Prix posted:

same

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Criterion was planning on adding ragdoll physics to the bikers in Burnout Paradise but scrapped the idea when they found out that doing so would bump the game's ESRB rating to Mature. I hope you find the arcade racing game that lets you throw dolls around, OP.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i'm setting up a classic game room this weekend with my bigass CRT tv. and you bet your rear end there will be some Burnout 3 playing.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Burnout 3 supports 16:9 480p w/component cables.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i'm setting up a classic game room this weekend with my bigass CRT tv. and you bet your rear end there will be some Burnout 3 playing.
gently caress yeah.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Enjoy.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Burnout 3 supports 16:9 480p w/component cables.

Win!

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I bought it on XBOX LIVE I dunno what that version runs at but it looks really good and it's actually one of those games where it's fun to progress through and unlock every single car. Most games you just wanna skip to the super fast prototype cars or whatever but in B3 getting all 250 gold medals or whatever it is is like half the fun.

The other half is playing Road Rage once you unlock the super cars and trying to get a score of >50.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In June 2015, news site Nintendo Life reveals that in early 2011 Nintendo of Europe approached Criterion to work on a pitch for a new F-Zero game which they hoped to unveil at E3 that same year alongside the then-unreleased Wii U console, and potentially release the game during the console's launch period. However, the developer was unable to handle the pitch as, at the time, they devoted much of their resources into the development of Need for Speed: Most Wanted for multiple platforms. The site was tipped by an anonymous, yet "reliable" source, but they had confirmed this information when Criterion co-founder Alex Ward (who left the company in 2014) admitted that Nintendo of Europe did indeed approach the company for a potential F-Zero game on the Wii U.[10] Alex Ward also noted on Twitter that Criterion was also offered the opportunity to work on the first Forza, Mad Max, a Vauxhall only racer, a Command & Conquer first-person shooter and a Gone in 60 Seconds game.[11]

wow

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

id like to play a new c&c renegade

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Me too. Too bad Criterion's dead now. :(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

In June 2015, news site Nintendo Life reveals that in early 2011 Nintendo of Europe approached Criterion to work on a pitch for a new F-Zero game which they hoped to unveil at E3 that same year alongside the then-unreleased Wii U console, and potentially release the game during the console's launch period. However, the developer was unable to handle the pitch as, at the time, they devoted much of their resources into the development of Need for Speed: Most Wanted for multiple platforms. The site was tipped by an anonymous, yet "reliable" source, but they had confirmed this information when Criterion co-founder Alex Ward (who left the company in 2014) admitted that Nintendo of Europe did indeed approach the company for a potential F-Zero game on the Wii U.[10] Alex Ward also noted on Twitter that Criterion was also offered the opportunity to work on the first Forza, Mad Max, a Vauxhall only racer, a Command & Conquer first-person shooter and a Gone in 60 Seconds game.[11]

wow

Wtf

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Let criterion make a new f-zero game and let platinum make the story mode cutscenes.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Let criterion make a new f-zero game and let platinum make the story mode cutscenes.

criterion has like 3 employees now, ea gutted them for need for speed

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

oh haha https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Games

"80% of British developer Criterion Games staff moved to Ghost Games UK to help grow the studio."

"On 1 February 2014, multiple sources confirmed that studio-wide layoffs had occurred at Ghost Games UK (ex-Criterion Games) - the UK branch of Ghost Games. . Developers working with the studio under contract were immediately let go, while full-time employees were told to either take severance pay and leave the company, or to join the team working on Visceral Games's Battlefield spinoff, Battlefield Hardline, due for release the following year."

ea is cool

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I remember reading there wasn't going to be a new F-Zero until Nintendo had a "new idea" or something to that effect. I loved X and what I played of GX.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
i dont care what they do just bring split screen back lonely loser fuckers

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

elf help book posted:

oh haha https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Games

"80% of British developer Criterion Games staff moved to Ghost Games UK to help grow the studio."

"On 1 February 2014, multiple sources confirmed that studio-wide layoffs had occurred at Ghost Games UK (ex-Criterion Games) - the UK branch of Ghost Games. . Developers working with the studio under contract were immediately let go, while full-time employees were told to either take severance pay and leave the company, or to join the team working on Visceral Games's Battlefield spinoff, Battlefield Hardline, due for release the following year."

ea is cool

maybe the vehicles in tardline wouldve been good with criterion working on them

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

tardline

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

electarded farts

In Training
Jun 28, 2008