Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i picked another copy of Burnout 3: Takedown to replace my scratched copy yesterday. two separate people at the Indie Video Game Store complimented me on my choice. i am not making this up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

"burnout 3? that's the best one," said one guy. "this is the only racing game i ever actually enjoyed," said the other guy. what a good game.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

It's funny how more and more people just progressively forgot how to make cars fun.

:smith:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i forgot how brutal the ai was in burnout 3. motherfuckers will slam you precisely into traffic

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

As a Millennial I posted:

i picked another copy of Burnout 3: Takedown to replace my scratched copy yesterday. two separate people at the Indie Video Game Store complimented me on my choice. i am not making this up

swag

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Ea: hey this group is making well loved car games with coo crashes. The best thing we can do with these guys is shut the fuckers down when they want to make a new one

Criterion : wait what

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
burnout is fine the way it is

Dec 26, 2012

ArfJason posted:

burnout is fine the way it is

wb

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
Split/Second is a very very bad game but its gimmick gave me so many great ideas for how destructible environment setpieces could work in a Burnout game

but then again they could just rerelease Burnout 3 and they'd have the best possible Burnout game so why add new gimmicks

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

burnout 3 needs an hd rerelease. even in 480p it is very difficult to see traffic from afar.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

As a Millennial I posted:

burnout 3 needs an hd rerelease. even in 480p it is very difficult to see traffic from afar.
I would pay upwards of $30 for this.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

FYI the batmobile in Arkham Knight feels a lot like burnout if you need a fix.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

surc posted:

does it feature Aftertouch Takedowns?

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Sadly no, the only time the batmobile is getting destroyed is by guns.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

"the burnout games really needed guns to make it complete" - some guy at DICE, probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

surc posted:

the best parts of the game was chasing the apcs

• Locked thread