Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brumaldo
Jun 29, 2013

I'm just gonna wait for the moment Angela Christine succumbs to madness and spends an inordinate amount of money on this thing.
Bet it's gonna happen before Star Citizen implodes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Brumaldo posted:

I'm just gonna wait for the moment Angela Christine succumbs to madness and spends an inordinate amount of money on this thing.
Bet it's gonna happen before Star Citizen implodes!

Your AV is p cool.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Decrepus posted:

How long until forums poster Angela Christine ironically buys a house in this game?

Brumaldo
Jun 29, 2013

e

^^^

betting pool when

Kramjacks posted:

Your AV is p cool.

Thanks.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Decrepus posted:

How long until forums poster Angela Christine ironically buys a house in this game?

I'm unironically buying one soon.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I'm unironically buying one soon.

I hope your house doesn't get trashed by a story event.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Kramjacks posted:

I hope your house doesn't get trashed by a story event.

Joke's on you, I'm not buying on a gold server, there are no story events.

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Thrice, not twice, nay not four times either.
Grimey Drawer

Joke's on you, I'm not buying on a gold server, there are no story events.

Can I sleep in your house? No sex though

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Rap Three Times posted:

Can I sleep in your house? No sex though

I'll wait until stage 3, if it's fun I'll buy one of those mansions and make it Goonhall

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ghostlight posted:

immediately opening up their dream warehouse selling a game that will be everything to everyone

Hey now, that's unfair. They have said 'no' to players a few times.

Things the devs have said will not be in Revival:
  • Rape
  • Dragons
  • Parkour

^^^Op pls add list to the op.

One guy really wanted dragons too. He started 5 different threads to argue passionately in favor of dragons in broken english. Got a solid "no" for his trouble.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

There is no rape? It is great that I will be able to imprison and torture people but we all know, ultimately, that it is about the rape!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I'll wait until stage 3, if it's fun I'll buy one of those mansions and make it Goonhall

Go big or go home, IMO.

quote:

#29 Crown Road - The other gothic style of estates, this one features a massive subterranean structure. Almost all of the estate is underground. This makes the estate very private, exclusive and more suspicious. From the outside, it looks like a large structure, more like a cathedral and a passerby wouldn’t know any wiser that there's an extensive structure under the ground. This estate is at the very top of Crown’s Hill.

Look at that goony bugger on the throne. And this estate is mostly underground, so if you name your character Mom and we can all live in Mom's basement. :iamafag:

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Looks expensive but I'll set up a gofundme page so you guys can contribute too

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
what is that? an ogre? a troll? can I defeat it through a sex minigame?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Four Score posted:

what is that? an ogre? a troll? can I defeat it through a sex minigame?

It is a statue, so I imagine you won't have the stamina to wear it down in the sex minigame.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Angela Christine posted:

It is a statue, so I imagine you won't have the stamina to wear it down in the sex minigame.

Not without a whole lot of grinding

( :v: )

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Angela Christine posted:

Go big or go home, IMO.

Look at that goony bugger on the throne. And this estate is mostly underground, so if you name your character Mom and we can all live in Mom's basement. :iamafag:

Is every one of these estates on its own unique and important spot? That one says at the peak of Crown Hill. Every single one is going to be hand-crafted and not slapped down in a shamecube pattern?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah I think I remember seeing a map of where they're located in the one city they're going to fold before releasing.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Decrepus posted:

Is every one of these estates on its own unique and important spot? That one says at the peak of Crown Hill. Every single one is going to be hand-crafted and not slapped down in a shamecube pattern?

That is the plan, yes. One at the top of nob hill, one in the market district, and one just outside each of the three city gates. The three outside the gates are supposed to come with a bit of farmland. https://www.revivalgame.com/store/housing

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I kinda want to see this get made for no other reason than wanting to see what the literal worst MMO community ever would be like. This poo poo could cause the weekend web to be reborn.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Is all they've shared numerous screenshots of rooms accompanied by lavish descriptions of undemonstrated gameplay?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Dick Trauma posted:

Is all they've shared numerous screenshots of rooms accompanied by lavish descriptions of undemonstrated gameplay?

Yes. Nothing at all is finished except residential interior rooms.

There is no gameplay.

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The immersion for goons who never leave their homes is real

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

Dick Trauma posted:

According to their roadmap, the houses are literally the only thing they've worked on so far.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
So its star citizen but with cthulu instead of space

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Don't forget the graphic sex.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rhymenoserous posted:

Don't forget the graphic sex.

there are a lot of star citizens who desperately want space rape in their game, so really its just the cthulhu part thats different

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

there are a lot of star citizens who desperately want space rape in their game, so really its just the cthulhu part thats different

Hi Chris if you are reading this please add Cthulhu to star citizen thanks

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Lovecraftian space horror sounds cool as gently caress

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Lovecraftian space horror sounds cool as gently caress

40k elder god nonsense.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

What if revival is one of the planets your SC spaceman can visit? But instead of procedurally generated birds, there are perverts and cthulhus? :aaa:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Angela Christine posted:

What if revival is one of the planets your SC spaceman can visit? But instead of procedurally generated birds, there are perverts and cthulhus? :aaa:

This is possible if the same developer buys both Revival and Star Citizen after they both go bankrupt.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Angela Christine posted:

They need to get Illfonic back for licensing purposes then.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Decrepus posted:

This is possible if the same developer buys both Revival and Star Citizen after they both go bankrupt.

Going bankrupt requires an organizational sophistication which Revival lacks.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Unrelated but I just bought this CryEngine humble bundle and the survival package was developed by these guys.

quote:

Built on the Nexuiz codebase using CryEngine 3, the Survival Game Starter Project includes some simple tutorial and sample files to help get you up and running making your own survival game in CryEngine 3! It contains Flow Graph setups for an inventory system, interaction with objects and basic spawning of enemies. Simply open the editor and the tutorial map, then open the flow graph editor and look under Entities / Tutorial.

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Unrelated but I just bought this CryEngine humble bundle and the survival package was developed by these guys.

I got that too. Some nice assets. Total new user though of CryEngine so we'll see where it goes.

has anyone played Nexuiz?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Angela Christine posted:

Hey now, that's unfair. They have said 'no' to players a few times.

Things the devs have said will not be in Revival:
  • Rape

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but sex brings vital buffs right?

Power lies in the hands of raid leaders? Therefore there's an imbalance of power. Consent is invalid as there is no real choice even if it feels like there is.

Therefore in Revival, all sex is rape.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Shame about the team behind this because I kind of like the ideas that they're presenting. Mainly the lack of questlines and monster hunts in exchange for dedicated GMs who run stories. The Player-skill based combat and healing sounds kind of fun too. If it ever gets off the ground (doubtful) I'd probably sub for a bit to get a feel of it.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

http://massivelyop.com/2016/03/24/revivals-development-has-been-indefinitely-suspended/

Welp.

edit: good news though you can still visit all the house models and pretend you're having sex in them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

LOL. I wonder if people are going to try chargebacks. Could sink the company.

• Locked thread