Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Sorry we hosed up that raid my character just had to take a poo poo during the last boss and the poo poo pants debuff ruined it but I'm ready to try again so lets have a quickie before the next fight.

quote:

Q: When will Revival be finished?

A: Revival is never done.

Only believable part here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Angela Christine posted:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/27/revival-is-a-story-driven-sandbox-in-the-making/ That looks pretty good. Too bad it was two years ago, and all they have to show so far is interior screenshots of the imaginary houses they are trying to sell.
So this game has been in "development" for two years and this is the same company that was heading up the star citizen fps module. I bet they went all alien colonial marines on the star citizen developers for this amazing product.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Jesus, I legitimately feel badly for them. Shame it's riding so much on the IP rather than the actual game.

Is it really?

The only cool thing about pathfinder is the hundreds of insane classes like literal JoJo stand user and the game doesn't have any of that.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Orv posted:

Oh man, is the SC FPS module delayed indefinitely because these guys jacked Roberts' coke stash? :allears:

It is ironic that they have been "working" on this mmo for years and suddenly have a ton of new content to show immediately after being let off the star citizen project.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

It's going to have exactly the same lifecycle as the Warhammer 40k thing. Grand plans that eventually get scaled back to being less than the previous game in the same style.

So this is probably going to be a mud.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Angela Christine posted:

I like that Alcohol Tolerance is a basic attribute. You can make a guy that is puny, clumsy and stupid, but can drink anyone in town under the table.

If age of wushu taught me anything it's that don't underestimate alcohol tolerance.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

It's like warhammer 40k's manifestations of insanity and chaos made real in video game form.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Angela Christine posted:

A dark and foreboding christmas to all!

Those revival devs never stop working though. Even on christmas day they are chugging out the devblogs. Fishing minigame today! Can't have fish pie without fish. Can't have fishing pacts without fish.

Revival: Yes you can fish!

WIP Shot: A bowl

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Is it really though? At least star citizen has pictures of spaceships. Spaceships are cooler than bowls and dingy houses.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Maybe if it was a limited edition military type of bowl that is only gonna be sold for a few hours.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

The idea of fish becoming so over leveled they are impossible to catch is hilariously stupid.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Doctor Schnabel posted:

well i mean, it would probably suck to have to do business with chris roberts. that rear end in a top hat can't balance a budget, and i'm sure the first ones to get the axe are the contractors

not sure if starting your own competing boondoggle is the best way forward, though. maybe i just lack vision. i guess thats why im a lowly janitor (doctorate in sanitation, u see) and not a bigtime entertainment creator

But they got kicked from star citizen for working on this instead of working on star citizen. It's like aliens colonial marines all over again but with two games destined to never come out instead.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I'm glad they were teasing their call of duty but with zombies game. That is definitely gonna change the gaming landscape forever.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

9foxtails posted:

Looks promising. Hopefully the game wont be in development limbo for long.

9foxtails posted:

Hopefully the game wont be in development limbo for long.

9foxtails posted:

wont be in development limbo for long.

9foxtails posted:

development limbo

FYI this is from the developers who were kicked off Star Citizen for not making enough progress. The Star Citizen developers looked at them and thought they were in development limbo. STAR CITIZEN!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Angela Christine posted:

So if everything sells out, they'll make about half a mil, plus whatever the estates go for. That's . . . not really a lot.

You forget that you can lose your house so in theory that's INFINITE MONEY! :shepface:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Space Bat posted:

*pounding knife and fork on table* Houses are not video games! HOUSES ARE NOT VIDEO GAMES!!!!!!!!

Let them eat house.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Bravo illphonic bravo.

So I guess I was spot on in assuming they were working on this with the star citizen resources and were unable to get anything meaningful done when they got booted from star citizen. I also guess they didn't pull in as much as they thought they would with their not star citizen model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

The annoying thing about elite dangerous was how they promised to add all those things to the game in free patches to make their own star citizen universe game that slowly turned into dlc expansions over time.

• Locked thread