Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011

Republicanus posted:

I just want good crafting with individualized outputs and randomized resource/subassembly effectiveness.

But no, gotta add in all the cthuloid public pissing mangle-faced serial killing, making GBS threads dick-nipple-waving medieval grandma rape simulation-ball room dancing systems.

I just want to craft.

Friend I think you'll find that you are the hosed up one here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh man, is the SC FPS module delayed indefinitely because these guys jacked Roberts' coke stash? :allears:

Orv
May 4, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Q7b-vHY3Q

Part of me really wants this thing to exist because it'll make places like the Nexus and LoversLab seem totallysomewhat sane.

Orv
May 4, 2011
They also just axed five people yesterday despite work being "very nearly complete" on the SC FPS module and Revival making them "exactly as much money as we need". :rolleyes:

Orv
May 4, 2011
A crochet cthulhu mask, a collected Conan book, a fake skull and a handful of figurines. It's almost... tame.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Alexander DeLarge posted:

In all fairness, Star Citizen's CryEngine was using new technology developed specifically for Star Citizen (artificial gravity that can change dynamically).

In all fairness, CryEngine is actually a terrible multiplayer engine, but I'm sure they have their own fuckups to account for.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I guess that's being super reductive, to be honest. As with all third party solutions you're going to have a way better time if you figure things out for yourself, but in CryEngine's specific case the way it's built and functions, very specifically around the physics stuff, is real bad for multiplayer. It's why Crysis 1 and 2 MP was just a bog standard shooter and not the new Half-Life Deathmatch with physics guns and stuff. It's why Star Citizen is having to go "Oh hey, we uh, need to build a new system for CryEngine that'll let us handle all this crazy bullshit we promised you guys, but actually makes CryEngine poo poo itself if we try to do it out of the box, woops". That's not to say the Star Citizen people don't have the necessary chops to get around that stuff, but it's been a real concern for all the physics interactions SC wants to undertake all the way back when they said "We're using CryEngine for our physics driven space game" in the Kickstarter.

E: Again being reductive, but CryEngine was basically the second coming of the Source engine. They built it for physics and to look really goddamn nice, but the moment you put dynamic physics in any multiplayer system, regardless of engine, it gets extremely expensive very quickly.

Orv fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Sep 5, 2015

Orv
May 4, 2011
"Private".

Orv
May 4, 2011

Angela Christine posted:

That's interesting about cryengine. Any dirty laundry about Unreal Engine 4?

No idea, the new UT runs fine when everyone has a decent ping but there's not much to it so it's hard to say. It doesn't suffer from texture pop-in at least? :v:

Orv
May 4, 2011

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Well, it all depends upon the spiced fish though.

e: I really hope the gay orgies can be synchronized like the dancing teams in age of wushu.

I was just going to say that Angela's post made me imagine the player market in Age of Wushu but just filled with kung fu orgies.

Orv
May 4, 2011

UnwiseTrout posted:

I could swear this is an Oglaf strip.

Kinda.

Exceedingly :nws: yo.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Radical idea, but I think just radical enough for this game; what if only one person can ever naturally learn a skill, but has to chose to disseminate it to the rest of the server? Imagine orgy land but nobody knows how to do anal, so there's a bounty on the one guy who does.

That sounds sufficiently insane I think.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Wasn't there an MMO where the endgame boss required "the chosen one" to do the final point of damage, and no one knew who was the "chosen one" was?

That sounds like something an idea guy thought was a great thing, yeah. Couldn't tell you where from though.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh boy, Revival has competition because apparently Venus Rising somehow isn't dead yet, and is going into some sort of testing.

Orv
May 4, 2011
No anal circumference stat no sale.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I am incensed on behalf of Bobby Darin.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Wait their community moniker is "Revivalists"? Oh man.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Your slow slide from mocking to actually being interested has been kind of depressing.

Orv
May 4, 2011
They learned something from working with CIG at least! :v:

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm surprised they managed to lie to themselves this long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm surprised they have time in between all the "Hey look wrongos, Star Citizen exists :smuggo:" posts they make daily.

No-one else gave a poo poo, no.

• Locked thread