Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Kowboat posted:

Buggy updates and broken features drove me out as well. AFAIK the other Diamond Frogs are still going, but there's really nothing for players to do together except feud ineffectually with other player groups. There's some minor empire-building with player supported NPC factions, but even when it works it's just more grinding.

Yeah, we humilated a group and got them publicly stripped of their "triple elite" status with FDEV by overthrowing their system without them noticing it. They were dying anyway but it still counts because we began their spiral to destruction last year when their leader of the time was mean to Glyphgyrph about TeamSpeak vs IRC.

Not only are we one of the most powerful groups in the game, we owe a great deal of it to your research. Most of it was vindicated and turned out less buggy than you thought. We're on our seventh expansion within five months, not bad for lost time.

We caused the main station of newbie system in the game, Eravate, to completely shut down after smuggling in hundreds of unknown artifacts , again publicly humilating another group.

I made a community manager visually flinch on camera when I casually told him we were going to hunt him for sport. Then just told him I was kidding, and got him to smuggle one of those artifacts into Eravate with us. Because it was on stream we had close to a hundred angry pubbies chasing all of us around.

We annoy people by jerking them out of supercruise and saying "meep meep" then flying away... then jerking them out of supercruise again.

In other words we get our kicks from breaking the game and breaking other people, and we are really getting quite effective at it. I respect your reasons for quitting but saying there is nothing to do just ain't fair.

Sorry, cross posting from the star citizen thread.

This is the game illfonic was working on, right? I'll rebook mark and catch up on this thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Nurel posted:

Its just that in this game theres nothing to do as a group -its just playing solo until bored. Which would be cool for 20bux worth, just not for what they ask.

IDK if they magically fixed everything over the last months but I highly doubt it. All updates they released to the point I quit were broken to boot or 100% surface and 0 depth. e: Dont make me go over everything in length :P

Btw what was your pilot name? Did you fly with the Diamond Frogs at all? Go over everything in length :jiggled: or just PM me, be happy to give you something to do

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Nurel posted:

hey kermit

Pilot name was Z3R03D, i did fly with goons on our expeditions to boost jotunheim resistance (which went ok and spent many hours doing it, until suddenly it all collapsed on us for no reason). I then exploited that silly traderoute they put up for a "limited time" (40 rares back and forth) until I got my FDL, but when they released the powers update I quit for good. It was cool we had the anime princess thing going but boosting her would require many hours of my time doing boring things and I'was just not up for it

Then I saw the planetary landings update and rushed to download it, but loled at the pricetag. I'm looking at it now on the web site and it seems by Fall2016 they will have added some pretty cool things to the DLC. Owell

That was a cool post tho - I'm glad you guys are having fun with pubbies

Yeah, powerplay burnt out a LOT of goons, and is the main reason we gave up on Jotunheim and the RJR. So many people quit enmass combined with other stupid reasons, which led to a displaced neighboring system faction taking over. The RJR has stabilized and we will probably take back Jotunheim when the time is right. The Diamond Frogs have their own mini empire to grow atm

We almost quit entirely as a group but we had a chance to submit as a custom faction. We took a parody name in honor of the Phantom Pain , just as a joke, and surprising us all, it was accepted (Kowboat in fact submitted it and pretty much saved goons as a force in this game!). The whole reason I am figurehead of the outfit is because "Frogs" and reasons that should be obvious. We ran with the theme.

The Horizons price tag and model as a whole is less of a money grab and more FDEV not understanding what they are doing since they made their intensely single player franchise a mandatory MMO (any white knighting I do on their behalf still gets a lot of eye rolling and obscene gestures along with it). There is one strength in the model, and that you and anyone else on the fence can wait and see a few months and see if the expansion is worth it. Multicrew, small fighter ship hangers, player avatars and npc mission givers are all supposed to come out with that price tag, but parts of it will trickle down to the "main game" anyway (such as getting synthesis materials, usually only mined by the SRV on planets and used to reload and boost weapons, AFM "ammo" and up to doubling your ships jump range a single time, as quest rewards in the future). It's cheaper than a WoW subscription, and if you wait until next year you probably can pick it up cheap with the next expansion, whatever the hell that may be.

Anyway, there's been some advances in exploit technology since you been gone, and most of them are not all that out of character for a group that is part revenge driven mercenary, part 3rd Street Saints, and part Muppet Show Tonight. My favorite one is buying from slaver and selling those slaves back to other slavers all on the same station.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I was already on the fence about getting Elite: Dangerous but goon shenanigans have convinced me :toot: I'll grab it next time it goes on sale. Don't suppose you could find something for a deaf goon to do in Diamond Frogs?

We got poo poo to do for bounty hunters, traders, explorers, all of which we coordinate to make the Background Sim do what we want with currently an 85% success rate. The guy that took up Kowboat's job took and expanded on Kowboat research and is now the number 1 expert on pretend space politics.

What I am saying is yes, come back, we will give you fun stuff to do. 90% of the complaints I hear about this game go away when you are flying around with a purpose, not just sandboxing. Like I said, we managed to weaponize exploration in this game.

What I am saying is come back/join you idiots, and :getin: and go Check out our thread in the PGS board.

• Locked thread