Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

when this game comes out i will play a middle aged balding fat guy with a diminuitive sized penis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

the Outer Gods Ritual Room Kit

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Crust First posted:

I misread play as be and still had no issue with the statement.

thats cool

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

gonna create my character and play this game

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

oh no..this is just wow... poo poo man, omg.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Irony aside, y'all who threw money at this should suck it up and try a good MUD. The game you are looking for is never coming out

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Elite dangerous loving sucks though, its just a moneygrab. I should know i played a good deal of it.

First off it cost 40€ on release and they wouldnt let you visit the Sol system (where earth is) unless you paid 60 for the collectors edition, or farmed your rear end off for an ingame "permit" which is completely RNG.

Then they released a DLC featuring "landing and exploration on planets with no atmosphere" and they put a 40€ price tag on that too.

So in order to play this game properly you gotta sink 80€ into it, 100 if you wanna visit earth right off.

I could go on and on about exactly why its a 10€ game with a price tag of 100, but got better things to do.

I'd add Path of Exile to the list of successful kickstarters, its a tedious and spergy game, but its very successful at what it does, and fun, if you're into it.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

the most disappointing thing was the willingness of goons to go on elite and make cool things, the goon usergroup had/has like 250+ members. of course there was/is nothing to do ingame. most functions like reputation, influence of npc factions in systems, wars etc, are broken and do not work.

i just hope no mans sky will not be as much of a disappointment

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

hakimashou posted:

is that true anymore? i thought the diamond frogs guys did that stuff

Its just that in this game theres nothing to do as a group -its just playing solo until bored. Which would be cool for 20bux worth, just not for what they ask.

IDK if they magically fixed everything over the last months but I highly doubt it. All updates they released to the point I quit were broken to boot or 100% surface and 0 depth. e: Dont make me go over everything in length :P

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Apr 6, 2016

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

hey kermit

Pilot name was Z3R03D, i did fly with goons on our expeditions to boost jotunheim resistance (which went ok and spent many hours doing it, until suddenly it all collapsed on us for no reason). I then exploited that silly traderoute they put up for a "limited time" (40 rares back and forth) until I got my FDL, but when they released the powers update I quit for good. It was cool we had the anime princess thing going but boosting her would require many hours of my time doing boring things and I'was just not up for it

Then I saw the planetary landings update and rushed to download it, but loled at the pricetag. I'm looking at it now on the web site and it seems by Fall2016 they will have added some pretty cool things to the DLC. Owell

That was a cool post tho - I'm glad you guys are having fun with pubbies

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Angela Christine posted:

So, yeah, two weeks and literally nothing has happened. It's like everyone in the Illfonic office committed seppuku on the day of the cancelation, and their bodies just haven't been found yet.

This game reminds me of when i was 14 playing NWN on the line. There were these snuff/S&M cybering servers running, so I was rolling female halfling characters in order to login as a human child and flame the living poo poo out of them in their turf.

Thats your game right there. Sex for buffs? You wouldnt believe the playerbase such a game would attract. Pedos and trolls as far as the eye could see. You'd feel like alice in wonderland or something

I'm actually thankful they wont release this PoS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Rockin Orthodontist posted:

Well, another one, since Call of Cthulhu already exists.

Exists and reigns supreme.

Btw I'm glad that nomansky fell on its rear end and Elite is proven better. Elite is good and cool. I don't play it, but it is.

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Oct 7, 2016

• Locked thread