Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Angela Christine posted:

AFAIK no goons have put money in this one. No one is admitting to it anyway.

Shroud of the Avatar might actually be a little worse than either Star Citizen or this. They've gone deep to lure whales. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=9085

Wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
They are literally just copying star citizen to get money from people in exchange for dreams and pictures of things.

They worked on star citizen and learned from the master and now they're doing it on their own.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Zaphod42 posted:

200 skills and each one is supposed to be as in depth as planeswalking or fishing or alchemy or blacksmithing?

loving lol. This game as advertised would cost over a billion dollars to make.

:allears:

You do understand that these people worked on star citizen and learned Chris Roberts lesson and are literally just copying his business model but "Middle Ages and magic" instead of "space life" right?

Promise everything you can possibly imagine, every dream will come true, buy our ships, err -houses- now to pledge benefit great development best game all fantasies reality soon!

It's literally a scam, promise people the best game they can possibly think of, get their money, write yourself checks, let them whine in two years when it doesn't live up to their wildest dreams- money's all spent, TOS says no refunds.

This is literally people copying star citizen. Grimy lovely people, if you've seen their videos.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Zaphod42 posted:

Yes, I am fully aware. You don't need to explain any of this to me. Look at my post history in this thread dude.

What part of "loving lol this would cost a billion dollars to make" makes you think I'm taking this seriously? Its Star Citizen x10, without the goons trying to defend their purchases.

Yet!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Zaphod42 posted:

Server doing per-pixel lighting calculations using the actual world models of characters for every player and NPC? loving :lol:

In your dreams

Every Dream Will Come True

-Chris Roberts, mentor of this game's developers.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
RIP revival

I still think these guys are amazing for working on space citizen then doing a medieval space citizen knockoff with the same funding model.

Anyway this is the future of star citizen.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Gawain The Blind posted:

Well yeah. I'm a huge fan of the wing commander series, especially privateer.

Lots of people backed the original 2012 kickstarter. It would be more damning to say I didn't get a refund when it all went to poo poo. I'm choosing to let my 30.00 ride, in the hope that whatever squalling, fetid thing emerges from Chris Robert's game hole in the end, it's worth 30 dollars.

I backed Doob too. :downs:

get your money out and give it to a bum

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Nurel posted:

the most disappointing thing was the willingness of goons to go on elite and make cool things, the goon usergroup had/has like 250+ members. of course there was/is nothing to do ingame. most functions like reputation, influence of npc factions in systems, wars etc, are broken and do not work.

i just hope no mans sky will not be as much of a disappointment

is that true anymore? i thought the diamond frogs guys did that stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
this is actual star citizen's fault, because star citizen is so poorly run its own spagetthi poo poo tier code couldnt be integrated with illfonic's work so they threw illfonic under the bus because they are sleazy classless shysters

now, flip side, revival was always the star citizen scam but run with medieval instead of space, so i dunno whether they had it coming or not.

On the whole I do like illfonic for thier gumption, they learned the masted and then went and did likewise.

Final takeaway: what you saw happen to Revival is the what is going to happen to Star Citizen. Past is prologue.

• Locked thread