Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
This sounds cooler than Hellmoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

Actually that is metal as hell, I think everyone should put that lady in their game.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

Sindai posted:

I don't think I've ever wanted to see a game exist exactly as envisioned so badly.

All this makes me want to do is log back into hellmoo, drink a ton of energy drinks and then go gently caress a sexdoll in my private apartment and work out at the gym while occasionally jizzing in the Jacuzzi.

Aside from the making GBS threads and loving, the scope of this MMO is so unbelievably large that even 10 years and a full development team with unlimited budget couldn't make this game.

CountingWizard fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jul 16, 2015

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

Buschmaki posted:

All I know about Conan is that its different than our world but also exactly the same with all the same cultures sometimes even with the same names. Thank you for the information!

Robert E Howard and Lovecraft were pen pals that shared a lot of ideas between each other. At the time they were pretty unique because neither of them interacted with the major publishing communities of the time, and had much of their work published via magazine/digests. Lovecraft was in Rhode Island, and REH lived with his Mom and Dad in Crossplains TX; the middle of nowhere. They didn't necessarily invent the Weird Tales genre, but they definitely helped launch it into popularity.

CountingWizard fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jul 20, 2015

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

Doctor Schnabel posted:

i thought lovecraft spent all his life in providence, except for when that jezebel lured him to nyc for a spell

You're right. I'll correct that. I'm not sure why I remembered him living in Oklahoma. I mostly read biographical stuff about REH.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

WarLocke posted:

Didn't Star Wars Galaxies have a dancer class or something that gave people buffs? It's like that but sperged the gently caress out.

I loved the random mention some guy did of like "Oh yeah, people might stop outside of a cave for a good gently caress before starting an adventure..." :dogbutton:

All I can do is imagine the Sims version of sex being implemented, and it being so lame watching a bunch of sheets or tents rocking. This had better provide full titty and labia experience.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

Opinionated posted:

4 pages in and we don't even have a guild setup for the goon rush? We are going to be so behind the curve... someone get to work on this please. First step buy a domain and setup forums. tia

First rule of rubbernecking: Don't touch the poop.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

Angela Christine posted:

After stage 6 the game is officially a game, and will open to the general public. You'll be able to play without needing to buy a house first. Even if the game sounds like all your hopes and dreams rolled up, there isn't much reason to buy in to the beta scam before stage 4 which is at least a year four years and a Duke-Nukem-development-cycle away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
Lovecraft is often overused and overexplained. The key attributes to a good REH/Lovecraft story is maintaining the mystery. Don't pull back the curtain on the monster. Lovecraft's method was to write more about what the narrator was experiencing and feeling rather than describing what the monsters looked like. REH was more about describing the action and sequence of events in an exciting manner. REH usually included the weird in context of a more mundane yarn; like an Atlantean mummy wizard running an opium syndicate in London, in the context of a noir detective story.

Most modern Cthulhu/Lovecraft copy-cat stories just steal his monsters and misuse them by making them really loving mundane and cliche.

• Locked thread