Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
Somewhere, a Skyrim modder pauses from designing making GBS threads dicknipples and sniffs uncertainly at the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Oh wait, these are the Star Citizen FPS guys. Guess they're putting that toilet tech to good use.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

The Marauder posted:

The invasion has begun and the game isn't even out yet.

Seriously though I'm not sure what to think of this. I get that they are selling virtual houses, but it seems like there are going to be many servers. How the gently caress is that going to work? What if both I and some other nerd purchase #69 Harlot Ave? Or does this mean you own that pixel space ship house on every server?

It looks like the house purchase page thingy lets you pick a server. The real question is can you gently caress and poop at the same time.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Once you have a complex loving system in your game, that's the only thing that will be in your game. Every expansion will only get worse. Ten years from now, when goons invade and attempt to create a 50 man human centipede, they'll find out that's the most highbrow cultural event in years.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

This is Illfonic taking a good, hard look at the Star Citizen bunny guy and saying "Yeah, that's the audience we want"

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Angela Christine posted:

Oh god, I chuckled at all the idiots who spent money on imaginary spaceships, but party of me really really wants this imaginary house: https://www.revivalgame.com/store/housing/700950 :ohdear:

Luckily I don't have $400 to spend on imaginary houses.

They are actually pretty houses. It's just that any game with loving is going to have a playerbase that will make other MMOs look like well adjusted human beings by comparison.

The concept itself isn't bad, aside from the shitfucking bit. It's also still just a concept made by a company that has, as of yet, failed to deliver an FPS based on the Crysis engine.

Also shitfucking.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Think there's a toilet or do you just poo poo on the floor?

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Life time insurance on your house.

They just have to get some basic bodily fluids physics working and arena commander will be up and running

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

CharlestonJew posted:

LTI won't protect your house from being covered in poo poo, piss, and cum

Experience Revival today by inviting a hobo to live with you

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Angela Christine posted:

This terrible game is like catnip to me. I can't stop reading about it. Just read a devblog that claims there will be no rape. No rape! Also no marriage, no way that bitch is getting half my stuff. Slavery is fine though.

https://www.revivalgame.com/blog/18-weekly-blog-update-18-sex

:stonklol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vldh7oQD-a4

Someone looked at Second Life and asked "How can we get the same quality of community?"

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

These are the guys who couldn't make a functional FPS out of Cryengine and they're making an MMO.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Tormented posted:

I'm not totally sure what their long term plans around for recruiting new people who don't throw money on buying a house once all the houses are bought up. Seeing this is something that most people are going to want long term are they just going to open more servers and segment their small population even more?

I think the answer is, this game is never coming out and they going release something so half-rear end no one will play.

Given that they, an FPS company, had serious difficulties releasing an FPS using Cryengine, it'd take a miracle for this to be a real thing.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I'm excited about writing things with poop or making art maybe.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Rough Lobster posted:

I'm envisioning a scenario where the group leader finally scrapes together enough dudes to do a dungeon, and you're all about to head in when you notice the healer has really low hp because he forgot his sex buff. Then you're like, well we might wipe if this guy dies, I guess I better suck his dick real fast so he's got that buff. Oh wait the dicksuck buff only increases magic regeneration, I've actually got to let him buttfuck me for the HP buff.

Like do you pick the shame of having some random guy sodomize you for victory or the shame of having everyone die and deal with whatever eldritch convoluted hell bullshit you gotta deal with.

Maybe there will be a Fluffer class.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I want to be a fecomancer.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Angela Christine posted:

I haven't been able to find anything about poop mechanics, but the need to do laundry is confirmed!

Yes, what I've always wanted in a game is the need to wash horse poo poo off my shoes to avoid offending NPCs!

Isn't this supposed to be in the middle ages? NPCs should think you're uppity if you're not completely covered in your own poo poo.

Adventure Pigeon fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Sep 24, 2015

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

If they manage to start allowing people to wander purdy areas outside houses, I might upgrade my hopes for this game from grimdark star citizen to may be a thing someday. The houses are looking nice though.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Angela Christine posted:

What else is Illfonic up to, you ask? Cutting edge stuff. Like a Zombie Survival FPS! :zombie:

I do not know if I want loving in this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

On the other hand, maybe they're going for HellMOO with graphics.

• Locked thread