Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I do have to ask, is there anything positive Goodluck Jonathan actually achieved in office?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

my dad posted:

You mean, other than leaving it without causing an incident?

Well, that's more failed to cause as opposed to an achievement.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

blowfish posted:

When everyone around him burns the country on their way out it arguably is an achievement.

True, still, you'd think at least one of his flagship policies wouldn't crash and burn, but then I suppose the kind of shitbag who lets his defence minister siphon off $2bn is probably not the kind of guy to improve the lives of ordinary citizens.

#BringBackGoodluck or w/e that terrible hashtag idea was pretty :stonkhat:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I think I'm a little incredulous that somebody thought that was a good idea.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Slaan posted:

There have been several university massacres there in the last few years. I can see why they would want to prepare more for it, though not warning the university was incredibly dumb, yeah.

Oh yeah I can understand the drills, but running into a populated area appearing to be firing off real guns in a place where gun massacres are a legitimate thing to be worried... that's the kind of thing that has someone deservedly smacked round the head.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I first heard of that article and thought it was a compromise in places with no laws preventing FGM to try and prevent serious damage. I had no idea it was calling for re-legalisation of stage 1 FGM, ugghhh.

I mean, I get that it's to stop back-alley surgery but it feels like this is more an admission of defeat than a long-solution.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I must say Kony 2012 has been a rousing success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Belgian posted:

The fact that some countries, like the USA, still practice genital mutilation is horrible.

There's no need to force your personal ideology of celibacy onto others.