Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Popular Thug Drink posted:

as i recall it, ethiopia was unusually organized and large for an african nation and stone cold defeated a european power (italy) in a fair fight
They're getting back there slowly:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopia#Economy

So Eritrea: North Korea of Africa?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ugh. Can't someone just Gaddafi this fucker and be done with it

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Badger of Basra posted:

What makes you think that would turn out any better for The Gambia than it did for Libya?

One is by African standards, weed-level chill tiny river country with less people then Nebraska, the other is well, Libya. I mean the current dictator was 29 when he captured power and is literally bugfuck insane to the point that his own bodyguards tried to coup him. The army is literally smaller and worse equipped then the police force of the city I live in, if it ever gets to street killings levels Senegal is going to send a division to a light week-long stroll if only to deflect a refugee crisis. Seriously a well disclipined street gang could probably take over the Gambia if they really put their heart to it.

(I have relatives there)

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
So you could get by with just English in Lagos? I'll be there for a month next year...

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

mobby_6kl posted:

In Gambian news, the security forces are occupying the elecitoral commission HQ, and there are talks of a military solution:

So there was hope for like five seconds before turning into Africa.txt

Motherfuck. ECOWAS better shut this poo poo down. Someone Trujillo this megalomaniac rear end in a top hat