Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
This is like when all the Cuban exiles flipped their poo poo when Obama shook hands with Raul Castro. Just because you greet someone cordially doesn't mean you approve of everything they've ever done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Just read that guy's Wikipedia page and... what the hell is with African countries and their attitudes toward homosexuality? Not only do they seem to really hate it, it seems like a lot of African countries are in a constant battle to hate homosexuality the most and punish it the most harshly.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is there any reasons for white South Africans to be so tense against Zuma and black South Africans besides blatant racism?

A quick google suggests that Zuma is viewed unfavorably, albeit less unfavorably, by black South Africans, so while there's probably some racism involved, there are probably legitimate reasons to dislike/criticize Zuma too. I don't know the ins and outs of the situation enough to comment beyond that, though.

It's still unacceptable for whites to frame their criticism in racist terms regardless, mind you.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

And that doesn't seem to be working out that great so maybe they're re-thinking it. The good news is that there are some allies in the region

https://bnn.network/conflict-defence/al-qaeda-attacks-wagner-group-at-mali-niger-border-vows-to-block-entry-to-niger/

Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose.