Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Dear People,

Please don't vote for Walker, he's destroying me and will destroy the US given the chance.

Love,
Wisconsin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Wisconsin is the spocks beard version of Minnesota.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

gnarlyhotep posted:

There's a difference?

Wisconsinites consider Illinois to be Chicago. The whole state is just a giant corrupt Chicago even though I hear the southern part of the state is basically "the south". I'm literally on the border of WI/IL. For some odd reason, Wisconsinites also HATE Illinesians on the road. I was driving my ex-wife's car (IL plates) in downtown Milwaukee once and we got pulled over. Cop was a complete dick. I was speeding but the speed limit sign had 2 numbers posted on it depending on the time of day and I've never seen that before so I just picked the top one. So I got pulled over, the cop threatened to take me to jail solely because I was from out of state. No other reason. He said he could if he wanted to. No clue why he told me that..... this whole time I'm thinking... wtf is going on here? He tells me to give him my license and he notices it's from WI, he goes back to his car, checks it, comes back... "Slow it down." Walks away.

I'd imagine Illinesians think Wisconsinites are just dumb farmers. Well, thanks to Walker that's where we are headed. Except he wants to sell our wildlife reserves and parks to businesses.... so no farms. We'll just be dumb. We used to have one of the best educational systems in the country and now ol' Scooter is just gutting it left and right.

Wisconsin used to be a pretty solid blue state with great a great business and union history. I grew up hating unions because I didn't know what they were.

I admit. I moved out of Wisconsin in 2006 and went to the Seattle area. I liked it there better. A lot better, for many reasons. That being said, I take no responsibility for Walker being in office. I missed his initial spawning and unfortunately the chance to destroy the evil during it's recall. I had to move back here in 2012 and holy poo poo it was like going through a time portal. Moving from Seattle to SE Wisconsin was like going back in time 10-15 years. But the state was completely divided when I got back and anti-intellectualism was starting to take off. It's been 3 years and it's still hard to adapt to the state where I was born and raised.

Edit - I also think the Kenosha News doesn't like Scott Walker because every photo they post of him is mid-sentence so he looks like a complete doofus. Well more.... I mean.... come on you know what I mean.

Pennywise the Frown has issued a correction as of 05:07 on Jul 14, 2015

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Dear People,

Please don't vote for Walker, he's destroying me and will destroy the US given the chance.

Love,
Wisconsin

:smith::hf::smith:

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I wonder what Mordor's healthcare was like. It's been a while but weren't their Orcs bigger and healthier than other natural ones? They came pretty close to those roided up super-Orcs that one guy made.

http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/o/orcliquor.html

quote:

Orc-liquor
A potion of the Orcs

A brew that served the Orcs in much the same way that miruvor was used by the Elves and their allies: it granted renewed energy and strength to those who drank it. Nothing is known of the origins or contents of the orc-liquor, but drinking it was said to cause a burning sensation, after which a feeling of heat spread through the body.

Eh, it has to be better than this:

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Doctor J Off posted:

lol another "me too!!" presidential run designed to sell books and/or get a fox news gig.

This has gone almost completely unnoticed by voters as the main reason half the candidates are running.
"People give me money to lose the race, I don't have to pay any of it back and I get a six figure income from lectures and punditry."

Looking at you, McCain!

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Wisconsinites consider Illinois to be Chicago. The whole state is just a giant corrupt Chicago even though I hear the southern part of the state is basically "the south". I'm literally on the border of WI/IL. For some odd reason, Wisconsinites also HATE Illinesians on the road. I was driving my ex-wife's car (IL plates) in downtown Milwaukee once and we got pulled over. Cop was a complete dick. I was speeding but the speed limit sign had 2 numbers posted on it depending on the time of day and I've never seen that before so I just picked the top one. So I got pulled over, the cop threatened to take me to jail solely because I was from out of state. No other reason. He said he could if he wanted to. No clue why he told me that..... this whole time I'm thinking... wtf is going on here? He tells me to give him my license and he notices it's from WI, he goes back to his car, checks it, comes back... "Slow it down." Walks away.

this is why you always follow a FIB on the highway. cop will pull them over when you're both speeding.

Also, move to Madison.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Walker wouldn't want to work for fox news. He's not a talker and he doesn't care what people think about him or his "ideas". He's barely a politician. He's a businessman. As far as I know he is pretty reserved socially. Never says anything "radical" (as in obvious racist type poo poo). He's pretty tight with the Koch brothers so no matter what happens he is in good shape and has a job. This whole governor thing appears to be a side job and he just seems to be dismantling Wisconsin to better prepare it for corporate ownership.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I think it might be better to vote for Scott Walker than Bernie Sanders?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

fits my needs posted:

Nope.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Crusty Nutsack posted:

this is why you always follow a FIB on the highway. cop will pull them over when you're both speeding.

Also, move to Madison.

The FIB advice is good.

I was in Madison for a sleep test at the VA about a month or two ago. Holy poo poo. I've always just been around Madison, maybe Sun Prairie area because my friend went to school there but I never went into the city before. It was beautiful. Trees, beaches, crosswalks that work, people playing in parks, all ages, people riding bikes in suits to work. It was awesome.

Then again, I'm in a very odd area. I'm in Kenosha county. My T-Mobile cell network is like a black hole here compared to the rest of the loving state. Kenosha city is barely hanging on to being blue. I mean it is blue but christ does the red shine brightly. Out in Kenosha county I live in Salem which is loving "Deliverance Wisconsin" as my friend put it when he declined to come out to a bar by me. I'll give him that. Because another friend who is also from WI and lived with me out in WA were both out at a bar here in Salem not long ago and we had to explain to a patron at the local pub that it isn't quite.... appropriate..... to use the word "friend of the family" in casual conversation. In this instance he didn't mean to be using it hatefully, he was just so..... so dumb. He wasn't getting it. And this wasn't the first time I've run into ignorant yet non-aggressive racists out here.

I move into the city on July 21st.

Now, I can't blame Walker for rural folk being ignorant. However, I can blame him for actively loving our higher education system. gently caress Walker.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Wisconsin 'dead last' in the Midwest in creating jobs?

Let it be known that politifact said that the above statement is NOT 100% true.

We're TIED for last with...... South Dakota? :smithicide:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The FIB advice is good.

I was in Madison for a sleep test at the VA about a month or two ago. Holy poo poo. I've always just been around Madison, maybe Sun Prairie area because my friend went to school there but I never went into the city before. It was beautiful. Trees, beaches, crosswalks that work, people playing in parks, all ages, people riding bikes in suits to work. It was awesome.

Then again, I'm in a very odd area. I'm in Kenosha county. My T-Mobile cell network is like a black hole here compared to the rest of the loving state. Kenosha city is barely hanging on to being blue. I mean it is blue but christ does the red shine brightly. Out in Kenosha county I live in Salem which is loving "Deliverance Wisconsin" as my friend put it when he declined to come out to a bar by me. I'll give him that. Because another friend who is also from WI and lived with me out in WA were both out at a bar here in Salem not long ago and we had to explain to a patron at the local pub that it isn't quite.... appropriate..... to use the word "friend of the family" in casual conversation. In this instance he didn't mean to be using it hatefully, he was just so..... so dumb. He wasn't getting it. And this wasn't the first time I've run into ignorant yet non-aggressive racists out here.

I move into the city on July 21st.

Now, I can't blame Walker for rural folk being ignorant. However, I can blame him for actively loving our higher education system. gently caress Walker.

Hahaha, holy poo poo it must suck being a minority in Wisconsin.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

fits my needs posted:

Hahaha, holy poo poo it must suck being a minority in Wisconsin.

I was out at a biker bar (WI is land of the Harley) 3 weeks ago in "Deliverance Wisconsin" and a black guy was there. I was talking to someone who I met a week prior at the same place who was a former Seattle cop. Great something in common! Lot's of drinking, talking, etc. So me, the black guy, and the Seattle cop were on the back porch. I quit smoking so I was using an e-cig. It was one racist joke after the other out of the Seattle cop's mouth. At least that's all I heard. We were talking for a while but he kept shoehorning these jokes in. It was uncomfortable to me at least. I was drunk... which is common in Wisconsin. Look it up We all are. So I went to the front porch. The black guy came out front and we were drinking and talking and I just couldn't hold it in. I said, "Ok, is it just me or is that guy racist as gently caress?" Then the black guy blew up and started yelling and finally let out a huge sigh of relief. I felt bad for him. He was surrounded by a bunch of hicks and just had to sit and laugh at the dude's racist jokes just to fit in. That Seattle cop was a loving rear end in a top hat.

Let's think here. I thought there was something else about Wisconsin and minorities...... I just can't put my finger on it.........

NPR - Why Is Milwaukee So Bad For Black People?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

I was out at a biker bar (WI is land of the Harley) 3 weeks ago in "Deliverance Wisconsin" and a black guy was there. I was talking to someone who I met a week prior at the same place who was a former Seattle cop. Great something in common! Lot's of drinking, talking, etc. So me, the black guy, and the Seattle cop were on the back porch. I quit smoking so I was using an e-cig. It was one racist joke after the other out of the Seattle cop's mouth. At least that's all I heard. We were talking for a while but he kept shoehorning these jokes in. It was uncomfortable to me at least. I was drunk... which is common in Wisconsin. Look it up We all are. So I went to the front porch. The black guy came out front and we were drinking and talking and I just couldn't hold it in. I said, "Ok, is it just me or is that guy racist as gently caress?" Then the black guy blew up and started yelling and finally let out a huge sigh of relief. I felt bad for him. He was surrounded by a bunch of hicks and just had to sit and laugh at the dude's racist jokes just to fit in. That Seattle cop was a loving rear end in a top hat.

Let's think here. I thought there was something else about Wisconsin and minorities...... I just can't put my finger on it.........

NPR - Why Is Milwaukee So Bad For Black People?

Man there's a lot of people on this forum who are always bitching about California being too liberal, touchy-feely and giving a poo poo about minorities that say how great the MidWest/South is because it's cheaper, but at least I don't have to deal with poo poo like this on the reg. Lmao, that black guy is probably going to get killed by the Seattle cop/some other white guy when he finally loses his poo poo telling them off, and it will be deemed a clean shoot.

Then you'll pour some out for it and accept it as "just how it is" while drinking yourself into oblivion because of the reality that is Wisconsin. Then Scott Walker will start invading your dreams, if he hasn't already.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
lol. voting

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Everything you said has preemptively countered any rebuttal I may have had.

Wisconsin needs a new kind of hero........... Jastiger.

Which, btw I pronounce yahs-tiger, because when I was in the 2nd or 3rd grade I thought everyone was half German. We have lots of Germans in Wisconsin you see. I didn't have much concept of the world at that point. Neither does Walker at this point.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
vote however you want man

the rich will still make policy

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

gnarlyhotep posted:

lol. voting

Dude, you get a free sticker. You can wear it and show people that you jumped head first into the outdated and convoluted electoral system.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Dude, you get a free sticker. You can wear it and show people that you jumped head first into the outdated and convoluted electoral system.

this is the best reason anyone has given me to vote in the past 15 years

still not going to but good job nonetheless

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

wisconsin LOVES scott walker

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

gnarlyhotep posted:

vote however you want man

the rich will still make policy

This is true. So let's make this man rich. He recently visited Madison and oh..... about 10,000 people showed up. Then policy might be good.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I have been out of Wisconsin for over a year now and I am horrified to learn that my attempts to escape from the terror have all been in vain

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ChickenHeart posted:

I have been out of Wisconsin for over a year now and I am horrified to learn that my attempts to escape from the terror have all been in vain

Scott Walker watches you sleep.

Ah the riveting, old scary bed time tale that parents tell their children when they don't drink all of their milk or they support unions.

The Scooter.................... :ghost:

Edit - also where are you "out of Wisconsin"? How did you escape? What's your address? I have a grill.

Pennywise the Frown has issued a correction as of 07:55 on Jul 14, 2015

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Scott Walker watches you sleep.

Ah the riveting, old scary bed time tale that parents tell their children when they don't drink all of their milk or they support unions.

The Scooter.................... :ghost:

Edit - also where are you "out of Wisconsin"? How did you escape? What's your address? I have a grill.

I sold my soul to the black-hearted military machine and now I get to blow stuff up in Alaska for a living

I miss cheese curds and Sprecher's Soda

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
How come his one eye is way higher up on his face than his other eye?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I too sold my soul about 15 years ago. They still have mine. I want it back. Ah well. I don't really need it I guess.

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin
to take off your skin, And dance around in your bones!
I hope Chris Christie eats all the other candidates

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

I'm from Wisconsin. Walker is a piece of poo poo, a corporate tool, and a puppet for the Koch brothers.

Funny thing, even conservatives here are finally giving up their blind and ignorant love for him. It's sort of sad to see them admit that he's a piece of poo poo, but also relieving. A local conservative AM radio host cracked a few months back and interrupts completely unrelated topics just to say how much he hates Walker. It could be about the new local baseball team and something he mentions happens to remind him of Scooter, so he goes into a few minute tirade of how much he hates him. It's pretty amusing.

yea but, serious question here- how did he get elected a second time (even after previously being so 'despised' as to have a recall election) if he is so badly hated there.

all joking aside, clearly Wisconsin really likes the guy for whatever reason

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Keep Autism Wired posted:

i would give my left nut to see bernie sanders debate scott walker and talk about unions and labor rights

A 90 minute marathon of Walker continually throwing his own fresh feces at Sanders, screaming "DEATH TO LABOUR!".

"Incredibly strong showing by Walker. He trounced Sanders on all major points."

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

Even my friend's GOP loving dipshit brother posts about how much he hates Scott Walker on facebook, and we're in Wisconsin.

Let me guess, he calls him a RINO and is angry that he isn't conservative enough? Did I get that 100% on the nose?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Scott Walker could never be on the money because they'd all look like somebody loaded the paper crooked

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

NotWearingPants posted:

How come his one eye is way higher up on his face than his other eye?

you weren't supposed to notice that

he was almost done shapeshifting back into a normal human being, just got lazy, that reptile :sigh:

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp
scott walker is literal human garbage and i hope every day that he will develop a sense of shame and then loving die of it

i hate him so much

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

Chinatown posted:

i hope everyone dies

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Melmac posted:

yea but, serious question here- how did he get elected a second time (even after previously being so 'despised' as to have a recall election) if he is so badly hated there.

all joking aside, clearly Wisconsin really likes the guy for whatever reason

No, midterm voters in Wisconsin really like Scott Walker. The people who don't like him only show up to vote during Presidential elections.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Whiskey Sours posted:

No, midterm voters in Wisconsin really like Scott Walker. The people who don't like him only show up to vote during Presidential elections.

I could see that getting him elected the 1st time but not the 2nd time. Clearly Wisconsin's majority likes the guy.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp
yeah only like half the people in the state even vote in midterm elections. it was a record high of 55% last year and he only got 52% of the vote, so that's only like a quarter of the total electorate who like him enough to vote for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

fits my needs posted:

Yeah absolutely. As long as you're a white man who makes seven figures a year he's definitely the best.

• Locked thread