Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Scott Walker, never too busy to trample on workers rights, has now basically allowed employers to work their employees 7 days a week!

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/careers/wisconsin-worker-advocates-rue-demise-guaranteed-day-n391451

Lol the loving Cato Institute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Scott Walker, never too busy to trample on workers rights, has now basically allowed employers to work their employees 7 days a week!

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/careers/wisconsin-worker-advocates-rue-demise-guaranteed-day-n391451

Lol the loving Cato Institute.

lmbo literally allowed to be worked 365 days a year straight with no days off (366 days on leap years)

Skinny King Pimp posted:

yeah only like half the people in the state even vote in midterm elections. it was a record high of 55% last year and he only got 52% of the vote, so that's only like a quarter of the total electorate who like him enough to vote for him.

true but I refuse to believe that enough people hated him that badly because they couldn't be bothered to vote against him. How do you win after people dislike you so badly that there was a recall election?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Melmac posted:

true but I refuse to believe that enough people hated him that badly because they couldn't be bothered to vote against him. How do you win after people dislike you so badly that there was a recall election?

A lot of people in Wisconsin really hate the University of Wisconsin system, and don't want any tax dollars going to fund it. A lot of people also hate the teachers unions since they saw them as living "high on the hog" under Doyle, our previous governor.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gnarlyhotep feeling out his edgy 16 year old roots

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 16:22 on Jul 14, 2015

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Arian_Samurai posted:

A lot of people in Wisconsin really hate the University of Wisconsin system, and don't want any tax dollars going to fund it. A lot of people also hate the teachers unions since they saw them as living "high on the hog" under Doyle, our previous governor.

Again, I used to really be proud of our UW system. We had great teachers, somewhat affordable school (not really), but nonetheless a good educational system. That's one of the very few things Wisconsin had to pride itself on. Education. And beer...... But the education is now being completely dismantled. Soon we'll have nothing. We will be flyover state x. Come visit our lovely chain of Denny's restaurants and Walmart goods stores citizen.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Again, I used to really be proud of our UW system. We had great teachers, somewhat affordable school (not really), but nonetheless a good educational system. That's one of the very few things Wisconsin had to pride itself on. Education. And beer...... But the education is now being completely dismantled. Soon we'll have nothing. We will be flyover state x. Come visit our lovely chain of Denny's restaurants and Walmart goods stores citizen.

I guess the educational system wasn't that great if you ended up with a state full of republicans

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
He slashed the budget like a vandal and just had to borrow close to $1-billion to fix the roads and bridges (which are in a horrible state right now) just so he wouldn't have to raise taxes or fees to bolster his campaign's "Hurf durf, I don't raise taxes vote for me durf hurf" message.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Melmac posted:

lmbo literally allowed to be worked 365 days a year straight with no days off (366 days on leap years)

I don't know how he won the last election. I again had ECT last year so it was pretty much a blur and I don't remember anything about Mary Burke. I think people were afraid of her because they didn't know her or who she was. If you're going to gently caress up our state we'd like to get to know you first.

Well anything is better than Walker!? That's very true, but I can't make these people vote. Wisconsinites, to me, seem pretty reserved overall. They are mostly progressive and most of the conservatives aren't batshit insane crazy extremists. You can probably have a conversation with one and not want to eat a bullet.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
I hope he wins.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The fact that he won 3 loving elections makes me almost think that Wisconsin deserves what it gets.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Junkfist posted:

I hope he wins.

na republicans wont win the whitehouse for another 30 years or so

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
There will be no whitehouse in 30 years.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
He hosed my union with an uncut pineapple on a stick to the point that we have no protection from our employer anymore if they want to do shady stuff like skip testing and treatment for communicable diseases when a patient spits on us (which has literally happened within the past couple months). For all the turds that cry :downs: : "You don't need your union anymore, OSHA's got your back"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Junkfist posted:

There will be no whitehouse in 30 years.

Because it'll be the black/rainbow house :getin:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The fact that he won 3 loving elections makes me almost think that Wisconsin deserves what it gets.

This is true, and no lessons will be learned. :smith:

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
A giant Zardoz head of Scott Walker, endlessly cloning Scott Walkers who squint at you and make kissy lips with their baby faces, forever ruling us.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

I don't know how he won the last election. I again had ECT last year so it was pretty much a blur and I don't remember anything about Mary Burke. I think people were afraid of her because they didn't know her or who she was. If you're going to gently caress up our state we'd like to get to know you first.

Well anything is better than Walker!? That's very true, but I can't make these people vote. Wisconsinites, to me, seem pretty reserved overall. They are mostly progressive and most of the conservatives aren't batshit insane crazy extremists. You can probably have a conversation with one and not want to eat a bullet.

Mary Burke lost since everyone outside Madison and Milwaukee confused her for Tammy Baldwin

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Hilario Baldness posted:

fix the roads and bridges (which are in a horrible state right now)

yeah, wisconsin

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Arian_Samurai posted:

Mary Burke lost since everyone outside Madison and Milwaukee confused her for Tammy Baldwin

No, everyone confused her with Robert Burke, a Koch-funded libertarian. How convenient. The TV ads played constantly before the recall election.

"A national conservative group — a Super PAC supported by the Koch brothers in the past — is lighting up social media with nine light-hearted ads promoting the Libertarian candidate for governor, Robert Burke, because he wants to legalize marijuana.

The videos almost immediately stoked concerns within Democratic gubernatorial candidate Mary Burke's camp that this was a cynical Republican ploy meant to peel off young voters or confuse people. Five of the nine marijuana ads attack Mary Burke, who is opposing GOP Gov. Scott Walker on Tuesday."

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/281226021.html

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

NotWearingPants posted:

I guess the educational system wasn't that great if you ended up with a state full of republicans

University of Michigan has a bunch of young republican types coming out of it too and it's so awful

Also a lot of ridiculous liberal stereotypes. You can't win.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Crusty Nutsack posted:

No, everyone confused her with Robert Burke, a Koch-funded libertarian. How convenient. The TV ads played constantly before the recall election.

"A national conservative group — a Super PAC supported by the Koch brothers in the past — is lighting up social media with nine light-hearted ads promoting the Libertarian candidate for governor, Robert Burke, because he wants to legalize marijuana.

The videos almost immediately stoked concerns within Democratic gubernatorial candidate Mary Burke's camp that this was a cynical Republican ploy meant to peel off young voters or confuse people. Five of the nine marijuana ads attack Mary Burke, who is opposing GOP Gov. Scott Walker on Tuesday."

Maybe she shouldn't have been stupid and should have supported full legalization as well, instead of pussyfooting and hemming and hawing, "well ummm maybe it's okay for medical uses."

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Wafflz posted:

There are way too many republican candidates to hold debates now so they need to switch to a steel cage deathmatch.

imo they should all be contestants on battlebots

fighting in the ring

against this thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mRTh3vIsug

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Keep Autism Wired posted:

i would give my left nut to see bernie sanders debate scott walker and talk about unions and labor rights

I I would give my left nut to have u never post again gently caress please die

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
my heart belongs to trump

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
bUmP so this thread is on the front page with the Bernie and iJeb! pages

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Melmac posted:

bUmP so this thread is on the front page with the Bernie and iJeb! pages

Well, it'll have to move to another forum too.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
the gently caress? these are barely shitposts at all

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
these are loving POSTS

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

NotWearingPants posted:

:iceburn:

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc9GNVx9Ly0

Comments are disabled for this video.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

McDowell posted:

That's his official Youtube page. lol

This just in: Scott Walker is the most favorable candidate behind Donald Trump according to CNN. We're doing it, goons! :neckbeard:

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

McDowell posted:

Jesus Christ:

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Melmac posted:

This just in: Scott Walker is the most favorable candidate behind Donald Trump according to CNN. We're doing it, goons! :neckbeard:

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Crusty Nutsack posted:

i too hate democracy

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

quote:

Bash: Do you think that being gay is a choice?

Walker: Oh, I mean I think -- that’s not even an issue for me to be involved in. The bottom line is, I’m going to stand up and work hard for every American regardless of who they are, no matter where they come from, no matter what their background. I’m going to fight for people whether they vote for me or not.

Bash: On behalf of people to do that properly you have to understand or at least have an opinion on who they are and where they’re coming from.

Walker: But again, I think -- no, I don’t have an opinion on every single issue out there. I mean to me that’s -- I don’t know. I don’t know the answer to that question. So, I’m saying I don’t know what the answer to that is. And I’m going to spend my time focused on things that I do know and I can work on.

:downs:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

I was out at a biker bar (WI is land of the Harley) 3 weeks ago in "Deliverance Wisconsin" and a black guy was there. I was talking to someone who I met a week prior at the same place who was a former Seattle cop. Great something in common! Lot's of drinking, talking, etc. So me, the black guy, and the Seattle cop were on the back porch. I quit smoking so I was using an e-cig. It was one racist joke after the other out of the Seattle cop's mouth. At least that's all I heard. We were talking for a while but he kept shoehorning these jokes in. It was uncomfortable to me at least. I was drunk... which is common in Wisconsin. Look it up We all are. So I went to the front porch. The black guy came out front and we were drinking and talking and I just couldn't hold it in. I said, "Ok, is it just me or is that guy racist as gently caress?" Then the black guy blew up and started yelling and finally let out a huge sigh of relief. I felt bad for him. He was surrounded by a bunch of hicks and just had to sit and laugh at the dude's racist jokes just to fit in. That Seattle cop was a loving rear end in a top hat.

Let's think here. I thought there was something else about Wisconsin and minorities...... I just can't put my finger on it.........

NPR - Why Is Milwaukee So Bad For Black People?

you may have misunderstood the Seattle cop and you should have called him a fascist pig fucker and made fun of Seattle to bond

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dNbWGaaxWM

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Arian_Samurai posted:

you have alot of stupid people in wisconsin

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Top City Homo posted:

you have alot of stupid people in wisconsin

And there's gonna be a few more soon.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Scott Walker is going bald maybe? :confused:

Could there be a worse time to lose your hair? Will America elect a balding president? Is this truly the worst combover in existence?

EDIT: this photo is from a stop at Geno's in Philly this week, where protestors held up signs saying "Scott Walker SNIFFS HIS OWN POOP" and he ordered a cheesesteak with American cheese and no onions, then ate 1/3 of it

walgreenslatino has issued a correction as of 16:35 on Aug 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
He claims it from hitting his head on a kitchen cabinet or something true story

• Locked thread