Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm from Wisconsin. Walker is a piece of poo poo, a corporate tool, and a puppet for the Koch brothers.

Funny thing, even conservatives here are finally giving up their blind and ignorant love for him. It's sort of sad to see them admit that he's a piece of poo poo, but also relieving. A local conservative AM radio host cracked a few months back and interrupts completely unrelated topics just to say how much he hates Walker. It could be about the new local baseball team and something he mentions happens to remind him of Scooter, so he goes into a few minute tirade of how much he hates him. It's pretty amusing.

"So the Kenosha Kingfish have their new ballpark and people are out in the parking lot tailgating. It's a beautiful day and people are driving in here like crazy. The road to the parking area is falling apart though. That's because that IDIOT Walker turned down the funding to......."

Then you have people like my brother who is a failing business owner (probably blames Obama) and will vote for Walker or Trump. We were having a discussion about ebola and he said that Liberia should be quarantined and everyone there should be left to die. I asked him to confirm if he truly believed the words he just spoke because I couldn't believe he said that. He said yes, he truly believes that they should all have been left to die to prevent spreading the disease.

That's the type of person who will vote for Walker. gently caress 'em all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

gnarlyhotep posted:

There's a difference?

Wisconsinites consider Illinois to be Chicago. The whole state is just a giant corrupt Chicago even though I hear the southern part of the state is basically "the south". I'm literally on the border of WI/IL. For some odd reason, Wisconsinites also HATE Illinesians on the road. I was driving my ex-wife's car (IL plates) in downtown Milwaukee once and we got pulled over. Cop was a complete dick. I was speeding but the speed limit sign had 2 numbers posted on it depending on the time of day and I've never seen that before so I just picked the top one. So I got pulled over, the cop threatened to take me to jail solely because I was from out of state. No other reason. He said he could if he wanted to. No clue why he told me that..... this whole time I'm thinking... wtf is going on here? He tells me to give him my license and he notices it's from WI, he goes back to his car, checks it, comes back... "Slow it down." Walks away.

I'd imagine Illinesians think Wisconsinites are just dumb farmers. Well, thanks to Walker that's where we are headed. Except he wants to sell our wildlife reserves and parks to businesses.... so no farms. We'll just be dumb. We used to have one of the best educational systems in the country and now ol' Scooter is just gutting it left and right.

Wisconsin used to be a pretty solid blue state with great a great business and union history. I grew up hating unions because I didn't know what they were.

I admit. I moved out of Wisconsin in 2006 and went to the Seattle area. I liked it there better. A lot better, for many reasons. That being said, I take no responsibility for Walker being in office. I missed his initial spawning and unfortunately the chance to destroy the evil during it's recall. I had to move back here in 2012 and holy poo poo it was like going through a time portal. Moving from Seattle to SE Wisconsin was like going back in time 10-15 years. But the state was completely divided when I got back and anti-intellectualism was starting to take off. It's been 3 years and it's still hard to adapt to the state where I was born and raised.

Edit - I also think the Kenosha News doesn't like Scott Walker because every photo they post of him is mid-sentence so he looks like a complete doofus. Well more.... I mean.... come on you know what I mean.

Pennywise the Frown has issued a correction as of 05:07 on Jul 14, 2015

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Dear People,

Please don't vote for Walker, he's destroying me and will destroy the US given the chance.

Love,
Wisconsin

:smith::hf::smith:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Walker wouldn't want to work for fox news. He's not a talker and he doesn't care what people think about him or his "ideas". He's barely a politician. He's a businessman. As far as I know he is pretty reserved socially. Never says anything "radical" (as in obvious racist type poo poo). He's pretty tight with the Koch brothers so no matter what happens he is in good shape and has a job. This whole governor thing appears to be a side job and he just seems to be dismantling Wisconsin to better prepare it for corporate ownership.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Crusty Nutsack posted:

this is why you always follow a FIB on the highway. cop will pull them over when you're both speeding.

Also, move to Madison.

The FIB advice is good.

I was in Madison for a sleep test at the VA about a month or two ago. Holy poo poo. I've always just been around Madison, maybe Sun Prairie area because my friend went to school there but I never went into the city before. It was beautiful. Trees, beaches, crosswalks that work, people playing in parks, all ages, people riding bikes in suits to work. It was awesome.

Then again, I'm in a very odd area. I'm in Kenosha county. My T-Mobile cell network is like a black hole here compared to the rest of the loving state. Kenosha city is barely hanging on to being blue. I mean it is blue but christ does the red shine brightly. Out in Kenosha county I live in Salem which is loving "Deliverance Wisconsin" as my friend put it when he declined to come out to a bar by me. I'll give him that. Because another friend who is also from WI and lived with me out in WA were both out at a bar here in Salem not long ago and we had to explain to a patron at the local pub that it isn't quite.... appropriate..... to use the word "friend of the family" in casual conversation. In this instance he didn't mean to be using it hatefully, he was just so..... so dumb. He wasn't getting it. And this wasn't the first time I've run into ignorant yet non-aggressive racists out here.

I move into the city on July 21st.

Now, I can't blame Walker for rural folk being ignorant. However, I can blame him for actively loving our higher education system. gently caress Walker.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Wisconsin 'dead last' in the Midwest in creating jobs?

Let it be known that politifact said that the above statement is NOT 100% true.

We're TIED for last with...... South Dakota? :smithicide:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

fits my needs posted:

Hahaha, holy poo poo it must suck being a minority in Wisconsin.

I was out at a biker bar (WI is land of the Harley) 3 weeks ago in "Deliverance Wisconsin" and a black guy was there. I was talking to someone who I met a week prior at the same place who was a former Seattle cop. Great something in common! Lot's of drinking, talking, etc. So me, the black guy, and the Seattle cop were on the back porch. I quit smoking so I was using an e-cig. It was one racist joke after the other out of the Seattle cop's mouth. At least that's all I heard. We were talking for a while but he kept shoehorning these jokes in. It was uncomfortable to me at least. I was drunk... which is common in Wisconsin. Look it up We all are. So I went to the front porch. The black guy came out front and we were drinking and talking and I just couldn't hold it in. I said, "Ok, is it just me or is that guy racist as gently caress?" Then the black guy blew up and started yelling and finally let out a huge sigh of relief. I felt bad for him. He was surrounded by a bunch of hicks and just had to sit and laugh at the dude's racist jokes just to fit in. That Seattle cop was a loving rear end in a top hat.

Let's think here. I thought there was something else about Wisconsin and minorities...... I just can't put my finger on it.........

NPR - Why Is Milwaukee So Bad For Black People?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Everything you said has preemptively countered any rebuttal I may have had.

Wisconsin needs a new kind of hero........... Jastiger.

Which, btw I pronounce yahs-tiger, because when I was in the 2nd or 3rd grade I thought everyone was half German. We have lots of Germans in Wisconsin you see. I didn't have much concept of the world at that point. Neither does Walker at this point.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

gnarlyhotep posted:

lol. voting

Dude, you get a free sticker. You can wear it and show people that you jumped head first into the outdated and convoluted electoral system.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

gnarlyhotep posted:

vote however you want man

the rich will still make policy

This is true. So let's make this man rich. He recently visited Madison and oh..... about 10,000 people showed up. Then policy might be good.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ChickenHeart posted:

I have been out of Wisconsin for over a year now and I am horrified to learn that my attempts to escape from the terror have all been in vain

Scott Walker watches you sleep.

Ah the riveting, old scary bed time tale that parents tell their children when they don't drink all of their milk or they support unions.

The Scooter.................... :ghost:

Edit - also where are you "out of Wisconsin"? How did you escape? What's your address? I have a grill.

Pennywise the Frown has issued a correction as of 07:55 on Jul 14, 2015

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I too sold my soul about 15 years ago. They still have mine. I want it back. Ah well. I don't really need it I guess.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Arian_Samurai posted:

A lot of people in Wisconsin really hate the University of Wisconsin system, and don't want any tax dollars going to fund it. A lot of people also hate the teachers unions since they saw them as living "high on the hog" under Doyle, our previous governor.

Again, I used to really be proud of our UW system. We had great teachers, somewhat affordable school (not really), but nonetheless a good educational system. That's one of the very few things Wisconsin had to pride itself on. Education. And beer...... But the education is now being completely dismantled. Soon we'll have nothing. We will be flyover state x. Come visit our lovely chain of Denny's restaurants and Walmart goods stores citizen.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Melmac posted:

lmbo literally allowed to be worked 365 days a year straight with no days off (366 days on leap years)

true but I refuse to believe that enough people hated him that badly because they couldn't be bothered to vote against him. How do you win after people dislike you so badly that there was a recall election?

I don't know how he won the last election. I again had ECT last year so it was pretty much a blur and I don't remember anything about Mary Burke. I think people were afraid of her because they didn't know her or who she was. If you're going to gently caress up our state we'd like to get to know you first.

Well anything is better than Walker!? That's very true, but I can't make these people vote. Wisconsinites, to me, seem pretty reserved overall. They are mostly progressive and most of the conservatives aren't batshit insane crazy extremists. You can probably have a conversation with one and not want to eat a bullet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The fact that he won 3 loving elections makes me almost think that Wisconsin deserves what it gets.

This is true, and no lessons will be learned. :smith:

• Locked thread