Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I think it might be better to vote for Scott Walker than Bernie Sanders?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Pennywise the Frown posted:

The FIB advice is good.

I was in Madison for a sleep test at the VA about a month or two ago. Holy poo poo. I've always just been around Madison, maybe Sun Prairie area because my friend went to school there but I never went into the city before. It was beautiful. Trees, beaches, crosswalks that work, people playing in parks, all ages, people riding bikes in suits to work. It was awesome.

Then again, I'm in a very odd area. I'm in Kenosha county. My T-Mobile cell network is like a black hole here compared to the rest of the loving state. Kenosha city is barely hanging on to being blue. I mean it is blue but christ does the red shine brightly. Out in Kenosha county I live in Salem which is loving "Deliverance Wisconsin" as my friend put it when he declined to come out to a bar by me. I'll give him that. Because another friend who is also from WI and lived with me out in WA were both out at a bar here in Salem not long ago and we had to explain to a patron at the local pub that it isn't quite.... appropriate..... to use the word "friend of the family" in casual conversation. In this instance he didn't mean to be using it hatefully, he was just so..... so dumb. He wasn't getting it. And this wasn't the first time I've run into ignorant yet non-aggressive racists out here.

I move into the city on July 21st.

Now, I can't blame Walker for rural folk being ignorant. However, I can blame him for actively loving our higher education system. gently caress Walker.

Hahaha, holy poo poo it must suck being a minority in Wisconsin.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I was out at a biker bar (WI is land of the Harley) 3 weeks ago in "Deliverance Wisconsin" and a black guy was there. I was talking to someone who I met a week prior at the same place who was a former Seattle cop. Great something in common! Lot's of drinking, talking, etc. So me, the black guy, and the Seattle cop were on the back porch. I quit smoking so I was using an e-cig. It was one racist joke after the other out of the Seattle cop's mouth. At least that's all I heard. We were talking for a while but he kept shoehorning these jokes in. It was uncomfortable to me at least. I was drunk... which is common in Wisconsin. Look it up We all are. So I went to the front porch. The black guy came out front and we were drinking and talking and I just couldn't hold it in. I said, "Ok, is it just me or is that guy racist as gently caress?" Then the black guy blew up and started yelling and finally let out a huge sigh of relief. I felt bad for him. He was surrounded by a bunch of hicks and just had to sit and laugh at the dude's racist jokes just to fit in. That Seattle cop was a loving rear end in a top hat.

Let's think here. I thought there was something else about Wisconsin and minorities...... I just can't put my finger on it.........

NPR - Why Is Milwaukee So Bad For Black People?

Man there's a lot of people on this forum who are always bitching about California being too liberal, touchy-feely and giving a poo poo about minorities that say how great the MidWest/South is because it's cheaper, but at least I don't have to deal with poo poo like this on the reg. Lmao, that black guy is probably going to get killed by the Seattle cop/some other white guy when he finally loses his poo poo telling them off, and it will be deemed a clean shoot.

Then you'll pour some out for it and accept it as "just how it is" while drinking yourself into oblivion because of the reality that is Wisconsin. Then Scott Walker will start invading your dreams, if he hasn't already.

• Locked thread