Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Public Employee unions and Universities = ISIS

Walker 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Melmac posted:

Um excuse me but private unions are also bad

Correct, however there is not yet a terrorist organization despicable enough to be compared to private unions.

Walker 2016

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
If Scott Walker becomes president he can finally have those people who make fun of his bald spot killed

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Melmac posted:

true but I refuse to believe that enough people hated him that badly because they couldn't be bothered to vote against him. How do you win after people dislike you so badly that there was a recall election?

A lot of people in Wisconsin really hate the University of Wisconsin system, and don't want any tax dollars going to fund it. A lot of people also hate the teachers unions since they saw them as living "high on the hog" under Doyle, our previous governor.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I don't know how he won the last election. I again had ECT last year so it was pretty much a blur and I don't remember anything about Mary Burke. I think people were afraid of her because they didn't know her or who she was. If you're going to gently caress up our state we'd like to get to know you first.

Well anything is better than Walker!? That's very true, but I can't make these people vote. Wisconsinites, to me, seem pretty reserved overall. They are mostly progressive and most of the conservatives aren't batshit insane crazy extremists. You can probably have a conversation with one and not want to eat a bullet.

Mary Burke lost since everyone outside Madison and Milwaukee confused her for Tammy Baldwin

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Fences are nice, however they will do nothing to protect us from the Mole People

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Phuzzy posted:

https://twitter.com/ScottWalker/status/642713834642239488

Badgers home opener is starting in 15. Nice work, putz.

That would require he go to Madison, which is like ISIS headquarters!

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

etherealshaq posted:

(the elimination of open records, allowing high school dropouts to become teachers, the neutering of the university's mission statement, replacing the state's excellent disability program with a private model)

It's interesting seeing it written out like this. An outsider might think you're joking, but those are all 100% real things he's tried to do, all on Friday afternoons right before the government offices closed for the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hilario Baldness posted:

[/wisconsindemocracy]

This is an honest question; is there another governor more authoritarian and pathological than Scotty?

He tried to spin it as "freedom of speech" too

• Locked thread