Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Valle's celebration after sending Bonchan to losers, in what is probably going to end up as Hugo's crowning achievement, was cathartic, tasteful, and hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I like how Ogawa went from, at the beginning of the year, somebody known to never travel overseas to having popoffs at EVO. All thanks to the NWM organizer who gave him an all expenses paid trip to that event.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Valle's celebration after sending Bonchan to losers, in what is probably going to end up as Hugo's crowning achievement, was cathartic, tasteful, and hype.
i think the best part of it is that to him, that was a great victory. and it really was obviously. the most that almost any american player could hope to do is just beat a japanese god, even if it doesn't eliminate them.

you get the impression that he knew he wasn't gonna go on to win the tournament, but he just beat one of the best in the world, and he did it with hugo.

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen

Mio Bison posted:

Rather than making fun of the JP player's weak popoff be amazed that the JP players are popping off at all. Americans should be held to a different standard as the average American spends 10 minutes working on their popoffs for every 60 minutes in training mode.

I pop off to Japanese Millia Rage pictures all the time

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF-SvOONxYc

Pro click

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Chris would probably be the best if he would just ease the gently caress up and chill out

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Gee, Chris, you got that pretty lady with you, what the hell is that ridiculous salt for.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

RF is a drat hero.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'd be really sad too if I realized I was Chris G and realized I was never going to win anything meaningful ever again

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I need to see match footage now. Chrisg salt and tears fuels me

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Ahahaha, what a big ol' bitch baby.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Published on Jul 21, 2015
Category Comedy

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
It looks like the guy next to Chris is watching TV and Chris is getting a bluetooth phone call that his dog died, his parents divorced, and his grandpappy passed away.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
To be fair, Chris has def lighten up since he moved to Cali. He had been taking his loses pretty well and was even smiling a lot on camera

That being said, that video rules

But what I REALLY need is the same kind of video for when FChamp got bopped out

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

The Crusher posted:

It looks like the guy next to Chris is watching TV and Chris is getting a bluetooth phone call that his dog died, his parents divorced, and his grandpappy passed away.

It reminds me of the guy from Smash 4 grand finals (sorry dude can't remember your name -- Nairo? Kairo?) I remember seeing him in Nintendo's Smash 4 Wii U tournament last year and he was getting so into his matches that his glasses would fog up.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I need to see match footage now. Chrisg salt and tears fuels me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DC2oTCFSJg

Fair warning, this is a guy with a cellphone and a shaky hand.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Hypocrisy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DC2oTCFSJg

Fair warning, this is a guy with a cellphone and a shaky hand.

I'm glad this was off stream, it's the most boring poo poo

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/ApologyMan_/status/623646556680380416

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Swagger Dagger posted:

The final match was pretty hilarious.

There's that brief moment where Chris G has hope against but it's so quickly snuffed out.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Saoshyant posted:

Gee, Chris, you got that pretty lady with you, what the hell is that ridiculous salt for.
The girl on the left in the white is his girlfriend? Jesus, you lucky dog, ChrisG.

Also apparently the bounty on the heads of the MVC gods was 300 each, and CG got 300 for taking out Wong.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

More like "mom found out I wore my My Little Pony shirts out of the house"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

THIEVO 2015

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Swagger Dagger posted:

Imagine if it was streamed though. The salt at the end would have been worth it.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

https://twitter.com/ApologyMan_/status/623647006502719489

ApologyMan is an alright guy.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Wow watching the match between rf and chrisg and he dropped a crucial doom combo in game 5. What a way to go out.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Losing to dropped execution is probably the most painful way to lose, tbh

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
So, does Xiaohai even acknowledge Gamerbee as belonging to a separate nation? Or was he just like "Well, at least a Chinese won EVO, that's what truly matters here" much like how we root for Americans?

EDIT: Haha brain, Gamerbee didn't win EVO, Momochi did. He might have won in our hearts though, and second place isn't bad.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jul 22, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gologle posted:

So, does Xiaohai even acknowledge Gamerbee as belonging to a separate nation? Or was he just like "Well, at least a Chinese won EVO, that's what truly matters here" much like how we root for Americans?

EDIT: Haha brain, Gamerbee didn't win EVO, Momochi did. He might have won in our hearts though, and second place isn't bad.
What

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
ummm Momochi, a Japanese guy, won Evo.

And Gamerbee is from Taiwan which while independent from China is kind of a political mess with the Chinese wanting to annex them again but let's not go there

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Man, Ray Jackson had Chong li beat too, that still makes me mad :smith:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Is there anything the FGC won't steal?

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

Saoshyant posted:

Is there anything the FGC won't steal?

A Razor stick :v:?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

The stick fiasco was very good to me because as in real sports, equipment goes out. Only in real sports the equipment is someone's body, and bones. In e-sports it's sticks- you gotta make sure your stick is in prime working order or you will suffer drastic consequences...barring things like hand cramps anyway..

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Isn't the actor who plays Chong Li some like ageless martial artist. I seem to recall him looking exactly the same in Enter The Dragon.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Daigo vs Aiai:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwthdrIh9xU

Woshige's, um, moment as seen from the crowd:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF63dF88kqk

All KOF matches uploaded

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I'm new to this whole watching fighting games thing. I saw parts of the final day of evo, but I want to watch vods of what I missed, is there some central website with vods of all the games?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

funmanguy posted:

I'm new to this whole watching fighting games thing. I saw parts of the final day of evo, but I want to watch vods of what I missed, is there some central website with vods of all the games?

https://www.youtube.com/user/evo2kvids/videos for matches from all games over the weekend

https://www.youtube.com/user/CapcomFightersTV/videos for Ultra

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

thaaaaaaanks

Edit: Another noob question, in the Street Fighter top 8, why does everyone boo Nemo? Is it just because Rolento is a 'cheap' character to use, or something I'm not getting? Same question for why Gamerbee is a fan favorite.

funmanguy fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jul 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

funmanguy posted:

thaaaaaaanks

Edit: Another noob question, in the Street Fighter top 8, why does everyone boo Nemo? Is it just because Rolento is a 'cheap' character to use, or something I'm not getting? Same question for why Gamerbee is a fan favorite.

1. He's first playing against PR Balrog, American.

2. ROLENTO IS SO BRAIN DEAD THIS ISN'T STREET FIGHTER.

As for Gamerbee...he wasn't the fan favorite when he was using Elena.

• Locked thread