Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Lunethex posted:

I am a big fan of city builders, namely Pharaoh/Zeus-Poseidon and the way you built your Tools + Iron Smelter reminded me of how I'd build my main city districts of tons of houses designed around the walker system then just plant one house next to industrial grids and have like 10 material gatherers and 15 of the producers requiring said materials and end up manufacturing tons and tons of stuff. Are you limited by the mines you build in how fast you can gain resources?

Kind of-there are ways to boost mine production rates (which will probably be covered soon-ish) and you can trade for some resources, but for the most part you are limited to mines for resource gathering.

I've put a lot of hours into this game-there aren't any particularly complex mechanics in it, but there's a lot of different challenges in it that make it an interesting game to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.

Same. I was was busy with some other games, but now you've reawakened an urge to play this again. Thanks?

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I just assumed that all of those facilities were manned by robots or something. I mean, this is the future we're talking about here, even if it's not that far into the future.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

The important thing is that it's all Stridberg's fault. Nothing else really matters.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'd like to join in on that if possible. I'm never busy on Saturdays anyway :v:

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

It's fine that I'm on the reserves; I just realized I have something going on during the time you'd be recording and I can't make it anyway.

If you do have another multiplayer game come up, though, I'd be happy to join in on that instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

Shame that the recording ended up being unusable. Do you plan on trying another session or do you think it wouldn't be possible? Maybe put together a "highlights video" instead of having the entire game be needed?

• Locked thread