Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
may the force be with you, jay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
Jay didn't want a fan to die because of him.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Tavarin posted:

This is the most let down I have ever felt thanks to Jay Cutler. Shame, Jay, shame.

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

Tavarin posted:

Jay is my personal lord and savior. I've never been happier to be a Bears fan,

I may not be drinking 9 shots of something John Hodgman described as "Jagermeister heavily diluted in pondwater," but I'm still donating the money.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

13 year old girls posted:

we're gonna up the loving game. since the new england patriots are gonna go 19-0 like we already established, here's my bet.

The Patriots will make it to Super Bowl 50 and win. If they don't, the above quoted goes into effect. And also if they don't get 12 wins, but they will lol. :toxx:

well JESUS christ i almost hosed myself on the 12 wins thing but the super bowl part is more of a longshot every day that goes by. the playoffs will be cool for sure

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Parmesan Basil posted:

This is what it comes down to: 170 yards against the Raiders. I'm ready for a narrow 24-21 win with 162 yards thrown!

91 yards in the first quarter.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I can't believe Parm might actually win this toxx. :dogbutton:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You might be surprised to discover that Alex Smith is replacement level trash benefiting from scheme and situation

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Chichevache posted:

I can't believe Parm might actually win this toxx. :dogbutton:

:smug::smug::smug:

Never bet on Smith, is the lesson here.

A recap: In the regular season, Alex Smith had 3 passes over thirty yards, one game over three hundred yards (the Bengals game in which he had no scores), and 3488 yards passing. That's three payments (done), one week of silence about Smith (done) and no probation period.

Alex Smith sucks, y'all.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
You forgot one stat, he went 10-0 too. :godwin:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Chichevache posted:

You forgot one stat, he went 10-0 too. :godwin:

Yeah, thanks to the D, West/Ware and Andy Reid for that one!

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Parmesan Basil posted:

:smug::smug::smug:

Never bet on Smith, is the lesson here.

A recap: In the regular season, Alex Smith had 3 passes over thirty yards, one game over three hundred yards (the Bengals game in which he had no scores), and 3488 yards passing. That's three payments (done), one week of silence about Smith (done) and no probation period.

Alex Smith sucks, y'all.

So he had a solid year as a qb, has taken you to the playoffs twice now, and though he doesn't air it out a lot, does what needs to be done?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Parmesan Basil posted:

Yeah, thanks to the D, West/Ware and Andy Reid for that one!

You know what quarterback wasn't able to take advantage of a good defense this year? Aaron Rodgers. :colbert:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Flikken posted:

So he had a solid year as a qb, has taken you to the playoffs twice now, and though he doesn't air it out a lot, does what needs to be done?

#TrentDilferFacts

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

defiantgiant posted:

Jay is my personal lord and savior. I've never been happier to be a Bears fan,

I may not be drinking 9 shots of something John Hodgman described as "Jagermeister heavily diluted in pondwater," but I'm still donating the money.

Not gonna lie, when I saw the second interception, I thought I could hear your cheers echoing in my basement.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Flikken posted:

He hasn't taken us anywhere. Our D has led us to multiple unbeaten streaks and Smith did little to help.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Parmesan Basil posted:

He hasn't taken us anywhere. Our D has led us to multiple unbeaten streaks and Smith did little to help.
Perhaps you would like Tyler Thigpen back?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Parmesan Basil posted:

Scoring more than 30 points 5 times and almost 30 a few more times had nothing to do with him.

Right.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Forget it, Jake. It's Parm Basil.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Flikken posted:

Scoring more than 30 points 5 times and almost 30 a few more times had nothing to do with him.

Right.

Pretty much. Lots of good D play and a great running game. Smith's stats are super pedestrian. Whatever, I've already had this fight this week. gently caress Alex Smith is what I'll say until he's gone.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I understand trolling parm

but if you think Alex Smith is good for real

you're a moron

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

you're a moron

Thank you, friend.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Tremendous Taste posted:

you're a moron

Alex Smith is exceptionally mediocre.

Parm thinks Alex Smith is the worst QB to have ever played.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's what's needed to counteract the mass delusion

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Tremendous Taste posted:

you're a moron

He's above replacement level. The Colts replaces their QB with Josh Freeman today. Then they replaced Freeman with Lindley. The Ravens replaced Flacco with Mallett. Two different teams played Jimmy Clausen this year. The Niners QB of the future is Blaine Gabbert.

Alex Smith is not even a bad QB. He is above replacement level.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Parmesan Basil posted:

Pretty much. Lots of good D play and a great running game. Smith's stats are super pedestrian. Whatever, I've already had this fight this week. gently caress Alex Smith is what I'll say until he's gone.

I'm not saying he's Joe Montana, and yes you payed a price for him, but jfc man give him an ounce of credit here.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Chichevache posted:

He's above replacement level. The Colts replaces their QB with Josh Freeman today. Then they replaced Freeman with Lindley. The Ravens replaced Flacco with Mallett. Two different teams played Jimmy Clausen this year. The Niners QB of the future is Blaine Gabbert.

Alex Smith is not even a bad QB. He is above replacement level.

Start Blaine Gabbert on this year's chiefs with similar coaching and he puts up similar numbers. Prime Freeman exceeds him. Clausen and Lindley, probably not.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
"Prime Freeman"? he's 27 and had one great season 5 years ago. Smith is much better.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Before he got hosed by schiano, had his confidence destroyed against the Giants, out of a starting role long term, etc

He was a better player even in his statistically inferior years than Smith currently is or ever was

Again, that assumes you account for different coaching staffs, surrounding talent, etc. if you want a comparison that doesn't necessitate that try Colin kaepernick outplaying smith in the same scheme with the same players

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jan 4, 2016

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

A list of quarterbacks. who, if suddenly swapped one for one with Smith, would perform better than him, either in the same scheme or one tailored more to their strengths?

Brady - yes
Tannehill - probably
Taylor - probably
Fitz - probably

Dalton - yes
Roethlisberger - yes
Flacco - elite
Browns QB1 - lol

Hoyer - probably not
Luck - yes
Mariota - probably
Bort - probably

OsManning - :rip:
Rivers - yes
Carr - eh idk

Eli - probably
Kirk - maybe? Not sold. Probably not
Sam - nah
Tony - yes

Rodgers - yes
Bridgewater - eh
Stafford - I believe
Cutler - probably

Jameis - probably
Brees- yes
Ryan- yes
Cam- yes

Wilson- yes
Palmer- yes
Foles- :rip:
Kaep- :smug:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Ban me if the Lions hire Chris Polian as their next GM.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Before he got hosed by schiano, had his confidence destroyed against the Giants, out of a starting role long term, etc

He was a better player even in his statistically inferior years than Smith currently is or ever was

Again, that assumes you account for different coaching staffs, surrounding talent, etc. if you want a comparison that doesn't necessitate that try Colin kaepernick outplaying smith in the same scheme with the same players

Kaepernick played better for several games in the half season before everyone had tape on him. He's had absolutely none of the long term success Smith had.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

Repeatin' my Toxx from last year.

If Rashed Hageman gets 10+ sacks in 2015, I'm buying his Jersey for me and Shath hole :toxx:

If The Falcons Finish the year with 50+ sacks, I'll donate 100 dollars to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta :toxx:

Not even loving close.

I need to lower the bar on my expectations.

Vic Beasley ended the year with 4 Sacks and 2 FFs. He's instantly better than any pass rusher we've had since John Abraham, and that includes Abraham's final year with the team. gently caress Dimitroff and Smith forever for cutting that man, only 1 loving year after him taking a home-town discount to keep playing here. (He was still a better pass rusher in Arizona than any loving player on the Falcons roster, and maybe better than the roster combined.)

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jan 4, 2016

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Chichevache posted:

Kaepernick played better for several games in the half season before everyone had tape on him. He's had absolutely none of the long term success Smith had.

Don't act like Kaep's following season didn't also happen just because it serves you

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Bradford is slightly better and Carr will be if not already but good list otherwise!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Parm which of these options would you prefer:

1. Smith and the Chiefs win 3 playoff games and reach the Super Bowl, with Smith playing well and signing an extension after the Super Bowl

2. Chiefs lose on Saturday, Smith plays his worst game as a pro and John Dorsey declares that finding a QB in the 2016 draft is his #1 priority

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Pron on VHS posted:

Parm which of these options would you prefer:

1. Smith and the Chiefs win 3 playoff games and reach the Super Bowl, with Smith playing well and signing an extension after the Super Bowl

2. Chiefs lose on Saturday, Smith plays his worst game as a pro and John Dorsey declares that finding a QB in the 2016 draft is his #1 priority

Hmm! An interesting query. Winning is always the main goal, of course, so I'd want that as long as the proper players get the credit. The ideal situation is for us to win despite Smith's poor play and draft his replacement.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Parmesan Basil posted:

Hmm! An interesting query. Winning is always the main goal, of course, so I'd want that as long as the proper players get the credit. The ideal situation is for us to win despite Smith's poor play and draft his replacement.

Sorry, hidden option 3 wasn't an option, so I'm afraid we still need a real answer here.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Don't act like Kaep's following season didn't also happen just because it serves you

I can only remember one play of his during the 2013 season. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
The only endzone thing anyone remembers the Seahawks for is:

• Locked thread