Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Wikipedia posted:

The monsters in the PS3 version are also in the PS4 but SpaceGodzilla, Mecha-King Ghidorah, Rodan, Anguirus, Mechagodzilla 1974, Godzilla 1964 and Battra (Larva and Imago) are PS4 exclusives.

Welp, gently caress that poo poo then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Updated the OP a smidge and fixed some typos.

Szmitten posted:

Welp, gently caress that poo poo then.

I have no idea why they scrapped so much content for the PS3 version. There's so much missing that it's not worth the asking price.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Played a few VS matches, and I have to ask: why does everything attack so much faster than Godzilla? Mothra/Battra Larvae can practically stunlock me, and even the larger monsters like Godzilla 2014 and Destoroyah do the same thing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if you want jet jaguar to arrive in zone one there seems to be a time limit thing happening. he shows up everytime i rush the right edge of the map taking out whats there up to 50% and then nailing the generator. if i dawdle or go left side first (which has less than 50% stuff to destroy) he doesn't show up.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Neo Helbeast posted:

I have no idea why they scrapped so much content for the PS3 version. There's so much missing that it's not worth the asking price.

It's fascinating really because in every Godzilla game whether it's due to console or region I'm always dicked out of Mechagodzilla '74 ie the one I care about.

It should not be piloted by a human :argh:

Szmitten fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Jul 18, 2015

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

TaurusOxford posted:

Played a few VS matches, and I have to ask: why does everything attack so much faster than Godzilla? Mothra/Battra Larvae can practically stunlock me, and even the larger monsters like Godzilla 2014 and Destoroyah do the same thing.

It's all about the hit stun and how fast you can attack, like a bad fighting game. My tier list is as follows:

1. Biollante
2. King/Mecha King Ghidorah
3. Battra(larva)
4. Burning Godzilla
5. Godzilla 2014

Of the normal Godzilla's, Ring Breath has the highest damage output.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Oh and Rodan has a corner infinite air juggle.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Thought this looked awesome, a bit like EDF mixed with that old Neo Geo King of the Monsters game. But no local multiplayer? That's just crap :( Will wait until this is inevitably under a tenner in a few months.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Ordered this because finally the only good kaiju is in a game on a system I own.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quote-Unquote posted:

Thought this looked awesome, a bit like EDF mixed with that old Neo Geo King of the Monsters game. But no local multiplayer? That's just crap :( Will wait until this is inevitably under a tenner in a few months.

yeah i was pissed off to see that too. split screen would probably be unplayable though unless they pull the camera way out. some of those monster models like gidorah make it impossible to see what you're doing with the whole tv.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Does anyone have any idea how to make adult Mothra appear? I've unlocked everything but her, Burning Godzilla, and Kiryu, and her cells gate a lot of stuff. I've seen her in King of Kaiju mode, but that's it. I didn't get her cells and she wasn't available to unlock afterwards.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Just keep playing God of Destruction mode until you luck into her appearing, I think she's more likely to show up in the easy path but it just be confirmation bias.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Broseph Brostar posted:

Just keep playing God of Destruction mode until you luck into her appearing, I think she's more likely to show up in the easy path but it just be confirmation bias.

i think i saw on an faq for the original japanese release that both forms of mothra are possible in zone 3 (as is super mecha godzilla as well if you're very unlucky)

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Godzilla Comic artist Matt Frank plays(very excitedly) through Godzilla: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqonGK-E_o8

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

so i've had good success farming mats in defend mode. play as super mecha godzilla and spam your grab attack and your beam.

SMG's grab attack is a crazy unfair taser thing and works from longer range than any of his physical attacks.

the only thing that could withstand my onslaught was 100m destroyah 1 time in like 3 play throughs.

the defend mode gets kaiju in front of you almost as fast as king of kaiju mode with the added benefit of giving mats after every fight and letting you choose your opponents.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Real hurthling! posted:

so i've had good success farming mats in defend mode. play as super mecha godzilla and spam your grab attack and your beam.

SMG's grab attack is a crazy unfair taser thing and works from longer range than any of his physical attacks.

the only thing that could withstand my onslaught was 100m destroyah 1 time in like 3 play throughs.

the defend mode gets kaiju in front of you almost as fast as king of kaiju mode with the added benefit of giving mats after every fight and letting you choose your opponents.

Mecha King Ghidorah works good too, my only real issue grinding mats this way is that Kiryu doesn't show up unless you play as him and he isn't that fun to play as.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Mecha King Ghidorah is the best worst defender. Only one of the three heads seems to actually give a drat about collateral damage.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
All the videos are of the same godzilla? There aren't like, different versions and movesets of him...? I played one of these on gamecube that was pretty fuckin rad. Honestly, what I really want from a Godzilla game in this day and age is to be all sorts of godzillas and for the game to also be Rampage and I earn points by methodically eating people from windows and buttstomping the roof of the building until it crashes down.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Khanstant posted:

All the videos are of the same godzilla? There aren't like, different versions and movesets of him...? I played one of these on gamecube that was pretty fuckin rad. Honestly, what I really want from a Godzilla game in this day and age is to be all sorts of godzillas and for the game to also be Rampage and I earn points by methodically eating people from windows and buttstomping the roof of the building until it crashes down.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rampage:_Total_Destruction

Godzilla doesn't eat people, and there's no reason for him to buttstomp building when he's bigger than most buildings. Also, Godzilla 2014 does have a different moveset from the default Godzilla.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Khanstant posted:

In this game the Godzilla's all have different breath attacks and different moves they can learn but for the most play the same.

Broseph Brostar posted:

Mecha King Ghidorah is the best worst defender. Only one of the three heads seems to actually give a drat about collateral damage.

I call it the Space Hydra side effect.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rampage:_Total_Destruction

Godzilla doesn't eat people, and there's no reason for him to buttstomp building when he's bigger than most buildings. Also, Godzilla 2014 does have a different moveset from the default Godzilla.

Godzilla doesn't eat people because no one is giving him points for it. This can change!

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Man, hard stages don't gently caress around - I lucked into a 100m Mechagodzilla on the first split, when I was only about 56m. Turns out if I was right next to it, it couldn't hit me with any beam attacks as they'd go right over my hitbox :v:

But gently caress Battra, all time every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I'm on vacation for the next 3 weeks so I've been working on finishing all of the trophies in the game and naturally I've been watching Godzilla movies while I do it. Something popped out at me while watching Final Wars:

First off Jonny Jonny is the best fake name ever, but all of the "Officers" are Toho special effects dudes. I think that's super cool.

I, Butthole posted:

Man, hard stages don't gently caress around - I lucked into a 100m Mechagodzilla on the first split, when I was only about 56m. Turns out if I was right next to it, it couldn't hit me with any beam attacks as they'd go right over my hitbox :v:

But gently caress Battra, all time every time.

The only 100m fight I have yet to beat is the Destroyah one, like holy poo poo the dude is so freaking aggressive.

• Locked thread