Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

yeah what lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i dotn see the issue, apple a re a v profitable ocmpany.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i was gonna buy like 10 apple shares but then i went to lunch instead and looks like i just saved myself by laziness

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

eric posted:

he'll never fit in a suit

that's some loving mr. creosote-level obesity there, they'll make a suit for any size man

like that's a level beyond obesity

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

its another blow out quarter. good work timb

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

ugh what is this garbage company only make 3.5 billion a month get that poo poo out of my portfolio

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ipad still continues to decline

canary starting to twitch on the bottom of the cage

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Stymie posted:

canary starting to twitch on the bottom of the cage

what does this mean

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
it means lemmiwinks is up next

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

iphone units grew 35% year over year

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I have an iPhone 4s

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

zen death robot posted:

Thanks for the exciting original content there cremnob, it's like you're reading the news for us so we can read it here instead. No, really, thanks.

apple sold more watches than ms sold surfaces, lol

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe

zen death robot posted:

Thanks for the exciting original content there cremnob, it's like you're reading the news for us so we can read it here instead. No, really, thanks.

you mongols obviously need all the help you can get

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

revenue was up 33% year over year and eps up 45% year over year

just another reminder that u can buy AAPL for a steal at a P/E of 15~ which is growing faster than google (P/E of 35 lol) on the top and bottom line

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Wall Street is apparently disappointed.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
maybe if apple paid dividends...

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

relying on the market reaction to earnings to determine if its good or bad news is dumb but its funny to watch journalists do it every time when deciding what the headline should be lol

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

zen death robot posted:

Did they report the Watch numbers? I didn't see them mentioned on the CNBC article I read earlier.

they reported revenues

from the AP

quote:

Chief Financial Officer Luca Maestri told The Associated Press that revenue from the watch amounted to "well over" that $952 million increase. He said the category also includes revenue from iPods and accessories, whose sales fell in the quarter.

"We beat our internal expectations" for the watch, Maestri said, adding that the number of watches sold in the first nine weeks was greater than the number of iPhones or iPads that the company sold in a comparable period after those products launched.

Apple has previously said it sold 1 million iPhones in the first 74 days, or more than 10 weeks, after sales began in 2007. Apple has said it sold 2 million iPads in the first 60 days, with iPad sales hitting 3 million in 80 days after the iPad was launched in 2010.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

so at least 2m watches?

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Fabricated posted:

Wall Street is apparently disappointed.

apple only got 92% of smart phone profits. they need to step up their game

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

to put that ~2m figure in perspective:

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/02/android-wear-sales-bad-compared-to-phones-ok-compared-to-other-watches/

analysts put the number of android wear watches shipped north of 720k for all of 2014
pebble shipped its millionth watch december 2014

apple probably sold more watches in the first 90 days than every android smartwatch, combined.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

so apple now makes 90%+ of the entire smartwatch markets profits as well now i guess?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
yeah but exactly 0% of those watches had a headphone jack or iCamera in them, so they're not really even considered 'watches'

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

saw another analyst report that put total wearable sales at around 4m for 2014, so y'know

total loving failure crapple impeach tim

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Pissflaps posted:

what does this mean

It means "The ox is slow, but the earth is patient"

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Mr. Cook said the company had the highest rate of switchers from Android phones ever during the quarter. “The gap is widening between us and our competitors,” he said.

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

what does this mean

it means you quoted stymie

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

has anyone suggested ..... ... .. i dunno ... erm .... . ..... ...banning crenmob??????

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

the gently caress does any of that mean

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i think it means that apple makes more with itunes/services that ms does with oem installs, office consumer editions, and windows phone combined.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

graph posted:

lol if u get ads in safari, lol

the only place you would use slowfari is in failos and that's because apple wont let you install a working browser. are you running some jailbroken version of failos w/ adblockers?

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
6 posts bitching about every 1 cremnob post. yep it's cremnob that's making the poo poo posts.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Shaggar posted:

the only place you would use slowfari is in failos and that's because apple wont let you install a working browser. are you running some jailbroken version of failos w/ adblockers?

actually you can install ad blockers on ios9

and lemme tell you

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2485827,00.asp

people

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/60272/20150614/adblocking-feature-ios-9-cripple-mobile-advertising-industry.htm

are

http://www.wired.com/2015/06/apples-support-ad-blocking-will-upend-web-works/

mad

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

and by 'people' i mean lovely "tech journalism" web sites which produce nothing of value

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Apple is infected with ftw

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

born on a buy you posted:

6 posts bitching about every 1 cremnob post. yep it's cremnob that's making the poo poo posts.

fat greasy nerds have always gotten mad at apple and people that like apple. nothing new.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

zen death robot posted:

stop doxxing me you fucker

this checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

zen death robot posted:

stop doxxing me you fucker

if by "doxxing you" you mean "reading your dumb posts" then i'm already on it