Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

i heard the apple watch shatters with normal use

normal use: using a strap that is stoosmall and then being surprised when it comes off becuashue of ur huge wrists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

*pants fall down because i bought a belt for someone with a 42 inch wasit*

i cant belive this belt let my pants wfall down with normal use.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

make sure u use the small band so it doesnt slip ooff

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

graph posted:

cremnob and stymie are right hth

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Shaggar posted:

slowfari is garbage and ads make it even worse.

sorry what is theh shining alternativie to safari? chrome, the ram eater? fireoifox the trash piece of poo poo? opera? edge???

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

rminder that using chrome over safari on a macbook whartever lowers effective battery life by around 3 hours.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

quote:

While reviewing Apple’s latest ultraportable, The Verge carried out its usual tests to find out just how much battery life users could expect to get. This involves setting the display to 65% brightness and cycling through a series of websites until the battery dies.

Using Apple’s own Safari browser, the MacBook lasted for 13 hours and 18 minutes before it switched off. But when running the same test with Google Chrome, the MacBook gave up after just 9 hours and 45 minutes.

lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i dotn see the issue, apple a re a v profitable ocmpany.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

so apple now makes 90%+ of the entire smartwatch markets profits as well now i guess?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

zen death robot posted:

stop doxxing me you fucker

this checks out

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Amethyst posted:

i use an adblocking dns server hosted on my vps it's cool

i use adblock

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Amethyst posted:

last time I tried it on ios it didn't work on youtubes

oh i meant on desktop, i dont use anything on ios because lol who uses the browser

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

why do people like those ugly super glossy stupid old icons more than the new ones on ios etc i dont get it. they looked awful.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

le tus take the awful fail launch of windows 10 asa naother reason to rpirasie timb for a good os

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

zen death robot posted:

Why do you turn off the spell check? It works great on iOS and make it practically impossible to type like a retard unless you're going out of your way to do it.

im nto on ios

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

actually t owns, maybe u r doingn it wrong op

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

enjoying apple music, much better that noted fail service spotify

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Linguica posted:

apple music status: downloaded a playlist yesterday and started listening to it in the car

in the car today, went to continue playing it, and discovered that apple music had thoughtfully deleted all the songs in the playlist (including the one i had paused on) and left the playlist as an empty husk to taunt me

amazing, magical

apple music status 4 me: no problems at all, working perfectly thanks timb

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

uninterrupted posted:

looks like a cool way to hid your shame of buying an apple watch

why would anyone be ahshamed of owning a good product

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

zen death robot posted:

All smartwatches are bad and nerdy as gently caress.

hrrm shall I sliiten to notbale nerd idiot zen death failbot or extreme ly cool and not nerdy hip hop supepterstar kayne west

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

my dad refuses to upgrade his iphone to ios 8.4 because he doesn't want "apple music on my phone taking up memory for poo poo i'm never going to use and you can't loving delete, why can't someone sue them like microsoft for this loving poo poo"

ur da is a loving idiot op

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

alll these pics r doing arn reinforicjngn lances coolness

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

maniacdevnull posted:

lol

"Just buy a second ipad, families!"

What a tremendous gently caress you to the average consumer

you. can just download youre dtuff thru family sharing ididot

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Triglav posted:

reserve 2gb per acct as swap and write everything to it on log out. dont fetch other people's poo poo

or we could not try and put windows like fail features in ios

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

there r literlly 0 facts in the article u just linked

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

qirex posted:

really hope that instead of an ipad pro the 12.9" display is for a retina macbook air

the macbook air will be phased out

hobbesmaster posted:

hopefully they put another usb port on the macbook when they do that

i hope they dont

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

still have had 0 issues with apple music tot the point ive deleted the music I had on my phone because it's redundant now

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hank u timb

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

qirex posted:

ok then how about "I hope the 13" pro becomes lighter and a lot less sucky"

it alryead owns so uhh hrm

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Larry Parrish posted:

Stux is awesome because his posts are impossible to read so you doesn't take extra effort to ignore him

Put Yourself Into The Garbage Can And Await Collection

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

qntm posted:

which is why in the ps3 ui, x always means "accept" and circle means "go back" :confused:

it's switched in the west, in japan it's O to accept and X to cancel

this hasn't been a thing since the 5s came out

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Triglav posted:

i kinda like it because i dont even like hitting back even on my 5s so i cant imagine enjoying it on a 6+. reachability is a shameful hack for a shameful problem and it would be could if i could make a custom gesture to go back, like drag from bottom-left-to-top-right and bottom-right-to-top-left. i thought maybe assistive touch could help me do that but nah

they've already hosed up the sanctity of drag directions with "drag down from top for notification center" and "drag down for search" anyway

you cant use swipe to go back in all instances because sometimes items on that page have hidden directional swipe commands

actuallyl reachability owns withotu soidng something idiotic like making a nother button for no reoason like an adnrdoi.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the icons oin android for buttons are stiltl cumb sorry, confirmed by apples dropping the bad squar eform the home button. andoird sitll fial os that has 3 buttons for litleirally no reason.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Valeyard posted:

instead of having seperate buttons like android, the way apple does it is give you one button that you need to press in a combination of morse code like presses to get it to do what you want

what

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you have one press for home, two presses for multitasking and hold for siri it's hardly morse code or even hard to understand

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

bobbilljim posted:

the iphone button is bad and teh android buttons are bad. having a back button is really good... except that android devs cant be trusted with it so the UX gets kind of hosed anyway

actually the iphone button is fantastic

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

THC posted:

yeah this, meanwhile android back button is always there even when not needed or appropriate so you better hope the developer of the buggy app you just got dumped into implemented it properly

was using an andorid device earlier and the back button on one app gave a pop up asking i fi wanted to clsoe the app and then when i said yes it dumped me to the home screen and not even the page iwa s on before i opened the app why do people put up wthis

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

just confirmeing apple music still owns and spotify is a trash fire. long live timb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

safari content blocker gonna be so good

yesssss

• Locked thread