Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Beast of Bourbon posted:

so is the safari ad blocker thing on ios just going to be like adblock pro plus addition where the adblock people can "approve" ads/companies and those ads go through.

except in adblocks case, you can turn that off, but in apple's case I"m sure that you won't be able to.

so basically every advertiser is just going to have to pay Apple a fee to get through the adblocker...

lol why would apple a company with the yearly income of a small country give a single poo poo about pennies from ad companies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
well its good they arnetn then isnti ti.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
someone else come in and post about something aplle specfically isnt doing and get mad about it so we can get a triple threat going.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Beast of Bourbon posted:

i heard that if you try connecting an anroid device to your apple airport extreme's wifi network, it won't let it on and cause it to crash

thats true but it turns out applel didnt do anyhting android is sjjust bad

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
apparentyl they're cancelling osx but not macs but also they wont be able to run windows or linux anymore its just ios? have ug uys herad this? this might be cause for a class action...

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Puppy Galaxy posted:

is the ram the reason safari gets slow and when i scroll down i see whitespace before the page fully displays and have to force quit the app to get it to scroll without that whitespace appearing

no its bad websitesl, but dont woryr the ad blocking will fixi this

computer parts posted:

most likely

oh there is confirmation that the metal is a little stronger so you won't have bendgate again

bendgate hapepend becuase apple didi nt realise people are sutpdi enough to sit on a $600 phone alll day.

Triglav posted:

according to settings > general > about

songs 103
videos 623
photos 8,965
applications 19
capacity 55.9gb
available 2.2gb

so a couple "desert island" albums i haven't changed since i got the phone and My Amazing iPhoneography

the camera is a big reason why i got the 5S (the others being retina and speed), and not thinking about deleting photos and videos is why i got the largest option available at the time

in some number of years i'll do the same again

photos a reint he cloud and automatically compress and expand based on ur free space wtf r u doing

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Triglav posted:

i dont have my iphone photos sync with icloud since im only on the free tier. are photos free? are uploads recompressed in any way? what about video? in any case why would i want my sole copy of a photo to be on someone else's server?

i used to have the paid icloud 20gb tier but it turned out i didnt need it with dropbox's free 20gb, google's free 15gb, icloud's free 5gb, and my personal and professional storage

it uploads full resolution, the on phone photots get automatically compressed based on the sapce availabel on ur phone and will make themselves smaller if u need space. if u have a mac as well like a normal person the pohotos then get synced to it as well at full resolution so u have a hard copy still. ium sorry the fututrue is so scary 4 u

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
lol can u still not just send any amount instantly to any other account without fees in americia wow

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

The Management posted:

why do you idiots think nfc is required for person to person payments? AirDrop exists now, transferring a token over that should be trivial.

jsut go on u rbanking app hit send payment ot their pohone number and is there instantly w no fees

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
oh right u mena in the third world of america? idk m8 sorry lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Endless Mike posted:

he's pointing out how the macbook is smaller and lighter and slower and more expensive than the macbook air.

it's a p bad name, really, though i imagine the mba will get phased out sooner rather than later in favor of it. but who knows, you can still buy a non-retina 13" mbp

its obivously an aim to phase our th eair line and returns to the mosot simple naming convention of macbooka nd macbook pro. praise timb

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

trilljester posted:

Think timb will announce any new Macbook Pros/Airs at the event on the 9th? Or is it just going to be iPhone?

*macbooks pro/air

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Larry Parrish posted:

The fact that, to this day, people think Apple when they think of Adobe products boggles the mind since stuff like Premier and Aftereffects runs like a tire fire covered in dogshit even when you have a beefy graphics workstation, let alone some Mac that's going to be outperformed by a Chromebook in about a year

Same goes for Solidworks really, if not more so. TFW you start getting pretty high up there in the vertices count and complex operations begin to take for freaking ever

bcos if a progoram is on both OSes then u pick osx automatically so u have a stable system.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
can univbee post that sheet on requrieed specs for a peice fo software which is incredibbley specific on driver verisoins and updates and GPUs and RAM for pc and for mac its "have a mac"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

pram posted:

65,000 tweets

thatsrelally not v much

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

more like a ton of tweets all close to each other whilel she has disucussions with other ppl but if thyis make s u feel better

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Linguica posted:

shes gotten worse now that she has to maintain her "brand" as a quirky outspoken feminist techie Millennial to leverage into more writing gigs

cann interview u I didjnt know annuy 80yr old men used thej intnernet

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
cant evbelieve new ipheones doesnt need 4 g b of rmam due ot having a wlel madm e operating sysytme. a travesty.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Stymie posted:

also quick reminder: the iphone 6/6+ bends with normal use and there's no reason to expect the 6s/6s+ will do otherwise

normal ususe: keeping pheone in abckpockejt like some typ eof idiot dog and sititng on a corner withth it. grabbing phone by endns and forcibily bending it. throwing pehon against a rokc until it is bent.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Stymie posted:

yes, carrying it in a pocket would qualify as "normal use" and should not result in bending

funny how no other model of iphone did that prior to the iphone 6

i keep my bespoke and aritisinal iphoen 6 in my v tight hipster apockets andn do not have an isisue as i onyl us e the dfront one s like a nromala human

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
*sitis osn devicei mad eof metal and a big plate fo glass*

i c annt believe i bokr ei tiwht my ididot rear end it broke

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
*drasg knife accross sofot covering of lcd screnen.*

*graphicsi liquid leaks ehveyrwhere*

the lcd baroons ar efucking me agian....

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

zen death robot posted:

stop drunkposting stux

stop aposting a tall

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
*drops cigarete in pudlde and i uanblae to light it*

this is lthe last time i buy camels....

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
*walkis intoto store and smashses a mirror*

lol nicie mirroros ididot its broke now hahahagah mayeb AMEK BETTER EMIRRORS>

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

zen death robot posted:

I have an iPhone 6 and I have no idea how you could bend it without trying to

the isisue is literlally form peopele keeping their fphone in their backpockekts and then getitgns surprise dhwne it brekaks when they sit on it all day.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

DaNzA posted:

i want to go ahead quote stymie and say that i agree

yeah apple can do better like making the small 4s sized phone with a9 SoC in it or an unbendable iphone and that idiot users need to be protected from themselves and there's no excuse for apple to make something bad just because other manufacturers made something worse

idk ifi this is difficult to remember, i ge tit was like waht 3 years aog now, but both the iphone 5 and 5s were slammemd byt the emdia for being easily bendable. turnsn out they werentn. also the 6 sint either. a 6 will nto bendn from jus tbeing in ur front pocket, anyonee who has bent their iphone ahhsbeen absudiong that handset.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

DaNzA posted:

idiot users need others to protect them from themselves, it's probably one of the cost of doing business if you want to sell as many phones as possible

on a related note it's funny to see that people complain about how fragile the phone is but no one really do drop test on dSLR cameras or SLR lenses

imagine if they drop tested the canon 300mm 2.8II or 70-200 f2.8 II lens and come away surprised that the glass somehow shattered

eyveyr iphone sincne it has exisited has been a big loving slab of glass theat will break if u drop it. if ur in the businensns of beign a idiot an dbrekaing pheosn then stidkc to plastic android poo poo bxoes u can replace fo r$15 every 2 motnhs.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
iphoens 1 - 3gs; loalhtis phoens is too fragile!!! that front is a bgi piec eof loving glass and it breaks!
iphoen 4 - 4s: wow now glass on back? hahahaha ididotos TOO FRAGILE
ipheon 5 -5s: lol this phone bendsn wowoa nice job FRAGILE
iphone 6- 6s: uhh it sbigger... it bends???: yeah it bends ugh apple fraigile phoens...

echinopsis posted:

iphones are meant to be carried on your person like all the time, and should be durable to handle doing so

also whats this about small phone numbers droping off?

htye are as logn as u dont : dorpo it like a clumsy schild or b) sit on it all day along eveyrday.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
also wrt small phoen sales the iphone 6 is the best selling iphoen ever, selling 30% more than the 5s. the 2 nd bes tselling iphone is the 6+. shut up abaout small phones idiots go back to ur loving razrs or soemething u god drat cavemen.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
*dorps mug on gorund, it shattedrs immediuately *

*startes at starbucksk barisita*

this is unancceptable.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

echinopsis posted:

do the iphone lenses have any moving parts? also they are signifincalty smaller

hwo did u missi the point so hguely.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
int theentire hsitoory of glass exisiting, since 3500 BC, evyeryone who has ever encountenred ann object mad ef rom it hash known tha tif ithey dorp it it will breka. apparnetly once u stick it on a phone this v simple concept becomems impososible to comprehendn and it is expected thaht the entire devicei be mad eof some super alloy which is impervious to all damage.

perhapsp these people simply use plasltic sippy cups at homema stheyre clumsy fingners are too stupid to cope with using an ojhbject which cnant survive being thrown acrosos the room in a fit of childlrage.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Shaggar posted:

I doubt it because the iphone 6 bends with normal use, not just being sat on.

noitodoesnt

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

i canntbelibe that pshone screen smashed with nromal use - shaggar

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

THC posted:

the iphone 6 seems to be more shatter-prone than the 5/5s but thats just my impression

pehrhaps ur nex timpression could beposting well

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
adblocking anns comment blocking.... bless timb

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

echinopsis posted:

a tradition that people loved and made for headlines

apple aren't makin people happy anymore, it's realy only people being "how can you not love what they do" without actually realised they've traded in an ideal and a vision for "what makes sense"

qacrtually osx and ios own still an a re by a long mile the best OSes to ever have existed/

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

echinopsis posted:

u don't get what I am saying. they now jus run off what makes sense not what people will love and adore

thahtsw aht they always diudi idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
tim could nenver let me down.

• Locked thread