Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

yaaas slay queen~~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

triple sulk posted:

rootless mode in el capitan is a real loving nuisance right now. like i get it's great for regular users but for developers it's a huge pain in the rear end.
crappled again

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

wow finally i can stop using this OSX garbage and get with a real OS

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

I am starting to suspect that Apple Music does not in fact suit my needs

* "Albums" view has no obvious way to distinguish between actual full albums I have downloaded onto the phone and "albums" comprised of one song that's part of a playlist I downloaded

* Several full albums I downloaded actually only downloaded like half of the songs, and the other half of the songs refuse to actually download to the phone with no warning or explanation, even when I specifically tap "Make Available Offline" and it shows a little phone icon next to the song title (but doesn't actually download the song to the phone)

* Several playlists didn't actually bother downloading themselves properly and when I try to play them they have like 2 songs in them

* At least one playlist didn't actually both to download at all and despite sitting in my "Playlists" list is completely blank

* When I start playing downloaded music in range of wifi (e.g. my garage) and then go out of range of wifi (e.g. start driving) the music pauses itself and I have to press play again

* On more than on occasion the "loop current song" option magically enabled itself and I had to turn it back off

* The "Sound Check" option that normalizes volume levels seems to like to randomly not work, so if I keep restarting a song over and over, maybe 10% of the time it will be MUCH LOUDER THAN NORMAL

So in conclusion Apple Music fails miserably as a replacement for an iPod, you know, that device Apple made a while back that was fairly popular and kicked off their meteoric rise

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

oh nice a downloaded song just showed as 5 minutes long or whatever but it cut off after 45 seconds, cool thapple

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

apple music status: downloaded a playlist yesterday and started listening to it in the car

in the car today, went to continue playing it, and discovered that apple music had thoughtfully deleted all the songs in the playlist (including the one i had paused on) and left the playlist as an empty husk to taunt me

amazing, magical

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Updated iOS and Apple Music will now download the songs it previously refused to download. Apple does it again!!!

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

by far my favorite part of apple music is when i tap "make available offline" on a playlist and it doesnt do anything

my second favorite thing is when it does it, but then later randomly deletes some or all of the songs

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Triglav posted:

yeah $4/yr if you game it (make a new account every three months and do the $1 for three months thing)
Jesus Christ

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

cremnob posted:

timb emailed cramer
he should have written it out in Notes and taken a screenshot and emailed the screenshot

maybe highlighted the most important sentence too

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Triglav posted:

dropbox's free 20gb
wait what? I thought it was still 2 gb like it has been since forever

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Triglav posted:

referrals

if you wanna game it, it takes five minutes
Oh, right

I should just take the time to max mine out, I have... 16.5 GB extra and stopped there

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

itunes fairly regularly crashes while streaming beats one... on my mac

mortal_kombat_announcer_impressive.aiff

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

http://defamer.gawker.com/do-not-gently caress-the-weeknd-1728337823

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

PleasureKevin posted:

i hope they make Xcode for iOS some day
true identity uncovered

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

The Management posted:

did you know apple's event was a misogynistic hate fest?
sorry you're so offended by what other people are saying. maybe you should try chilling out

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

shes gotten worse now that she has to maintain her "brand" as a quirky outspoken feminist techie Millennial to leverage into more writing gigs

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Ludwig van Halen posted:

drat... el capitan just owned my 2012 Macbook Air

installed the GM and it crashed during install
now my Mac won't boot, and recovery mode crashes too...

Tim :argh:
and that's why microsoft is cool again

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

my phone is secondhand, my laptop is secondhand, my car is secondhand. my life is secondhand. at work i watch the second hand

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

is the apple thread unironically discussing the best case for their iPhones like a bunch of dypers

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Unironically the most important feature in El Capitan is that they added an option in Safari to make ⌘-numkey change to that numbered tab

I can't tell you how many times I've gone to apple.com because Safari believes that's an appropriate thing to do when you hit ⌘-1

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

ios9 on my ipad mini 1 has just slaughtered it. just scrolling in Messages is so slow now it's like a bad joke. what is this loving garbage tim

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

All three free months of Apple Music has done is convince me I should probably just pay for Spotify

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

quote:

I am convinced that in another year or so every phone will be the size of the 6S Plus, so if you're going to jump in, just go all the way. You'll get a slightly better camera and a little more battery life out of the deal as well. The future is here. You should face it with a gigantic screen.
ugh barf

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

i jailbroke my iphone for a little while back in the ios5 days, i forget why but then ios6 basically fixed whatever problems i had so i un-jailbroke and never thought about it again

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Mr. Apollo posted:

9.0.1 is out
I KNEW my alarm didn't go off and I wasn't just going crazy

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

tweetbot makes me annoyed when i try and fling away images in other apps and it doesnt work

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

tweetbot is maybe my most used ios app after youtube so the new version was an insta buy. needs suiting so far

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Yeah finally getting an updated iPad version is worth the price by itself

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Those are all stupid

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

1: infomercial-level "there's got to be a better way!" non-issue
2: oh poo poo can't take 3 seconds to look at my phone because I'm too busy fucken dancing with my hubby. this is a problem I encounter a lot
3: cool, I enjoy squinting at my wrist while riding my quirky lil vespa through narrow italian streets
4: if only stationary bikes had a way to track my heartbeat or how long i had been cycling for. or is this supposed to be, like, a spinning class? where you are told what to do anyway?
5: phew thank god my heartbeat is an absurdly low 142 or else this shadowboxing would be worthless
6: they didnt even have him singing into his watch - the literal premise of the ad - because they knew how loving dumb it would look

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

i was in the apple store yesterday and the GENIUS running useless diagnostics on my phone that just needed the camera cleaned because it was dusty tried to sell me on the watch
Can you get them to open up your phone and clean out the lens? How much do they charge? I've got a bunch of crud that's worked its way back inside my 5S and it bugs me

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

i also used the precise tools of a q-tip and isopropyl alcohol
Yeah I did the same thing once with my 5S but I'm wary to try and do it again after experiencing the fun of trying to disconnect / reconnect all the miniscule internal ribbons. But $60? Ehhhhhhhh

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Even this dumb looking Razer mouse had the right idea http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-orochi

Wireless mouse with charging port on the front where a cord would normally be, and when you plug it in not only does it charge the mouse but it also switches the mouse to being driven over USB instead of Bluetooth and increases the polling from 125hz to 1000hz

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

"why dedicate the effort" - PleasureKevin about Apple design, 2015

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

so the 2 latest rounds of apple watch commercials have each had 1 about apple pay and both have been about buying ice cream

this means something but I dont know what

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Analysts estimated 48.5 million iPhone sold last quarter but Apple said they only sold 48.05 million. Sell any stock you have in this piece of poo poo company before it tanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

This is custom-fitting pieces together

*shotgun blast* This is using modern interchangeable parts

AND THIS... IS TO GO EVEN FURTHER BEYOND...

quote:

Apple is apparently taking the time to custom-fit all sorts of pieces in the MacBook through a process it calls “binning.” Since there can be minuscule variances that might make, for instance, the Force Touch trackpad not a perfect fit for the body or the super-thin Retina display not exactly a match for the top of the case, Apple finds matching parts from the production line. Even the thickness of the stainless steel Apple Logo, which replaced the backlit logo on previous MacBook models, can vary by a micron or so, meaning Apple needs to find a top with the right cutout depth.

• Locked thread