Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

lol john fireball tried to fat-finger his macbook screen. the end is nigh

also eesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

They should have at least made it shaped like an inkwell. Do I have to do everything around here jesus

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Apple's greatest design hits, 2015 edition

Linguica fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Dec 8, 2015

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

ios 9.2 moves the "done" button in the safari view controller inside apps to the top left, thank god

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

if you make the mouse work corded while charging then everyone will just use it corded all the time out of laziness instead of cordless as intended.
*extremely flat affect* oh no. anything but that.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/8/9872746/apple-bad-hardware-design-iphone-case-pencil-magic-mouse

OK who's the yosposter that wrote this

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Wait... the humpback case just has a big tunnel to the headphone jack? It doesn't have some sort of passthrough thing so there's a jack flush to the surface of the case?

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

pseudorandom name posted:

News just spammed me with a push notification begging me to use it.

thanks apple
some middle manager is facing down the barrel of a quarterly usage metrics target and needs those hate-launches

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

theflyingexecutive posted:

Apple still haven't fixed that bug in music where it'll pause with a change in cell coverage. it's annoying on a train when you get random pockets of service and your music will stop
even if you are playing a local copy of a song? if so, I'm glad to hear this corroborated and that I was not going crazy.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

I still have a 2011 MBA and I want to upgrade but I look at benchmarks and the newer ones are, like, not really terribly faster, which seems weird

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

triple sulk posted:

still better than any non-surface pro windows machine
what an odd qualifier

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

this cant be right can it

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Silver Alicorn posted:

or clean it with a magic eraser
literal computer janitoring itt

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Apple has solved the problem of smartwatch battery life with its latest software update iOS 9.3 and WatchOS 2.2.

Users will now be able to pair more than one Apple Watch to an iPhone and automatically switch between them, which means the faithful can now replace a watch that has run out of battery by hot-swapping to a fresh one.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

iTunes Radio, Apple’s Pandora-style internet radio service, is going behind the $10 per month Apple Music paywall on January 29th.

When the changes go into effect, Beats 1 — the radio station Apple launched with its eponymous music service — will be the only free music offering from Apple.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

I was despairing at just how much pocket grime has gotten inside my iPhone 5S via the microphone hole on the back and somehow worked its way into the camera lens. Then I remembered I have a cheapo USB microscope so I decided to document it

thim

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

THC posted:

take it to the store they will clean it for u
I did (when I cracked my screen) and asked if they would clean it out while they had it opened up and they refused.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Vintersorg posted:

the new menu thing "scared" her
i dunno she seemed to like forceful touching last time I saw her

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Puppy Galaxy posted:

got a tiny hairline crack in my 6s screen, no idea how, makes me sad
another yosposter with an unfortunate hairline

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

https://newrepublic.com/article/128577/ipad-going-extinct

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

i still have a ipad mini 1 and it's at the point where it's effectively unusable for anything but the most basic app usage. like even a complex webpage will make safari endlessly crash and reload

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

fart simpson posted:

the judge can order the jury to find someone not guilty?
yes, you can move for a directed verdict if no reasonable jury could possibly find that e.g. all necessary elements in the definition of the crime have been met.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

If you write a complete spec for a program, aren't you essentially writing in a query language that gets run by other human beings and which returns a computer program :eek:

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

lmao apple is officially sanctioning screen protectors now? jesus christ

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

steve rises from the dead, shambles into nearest apple store, sees blue-shirted employee helpfully applying Belkin(tm) plastic screen protector and rubber humpbacked official apple battery case to brand new iPhone with camera wart and dogshit car-bra antenna. nearby a customer is typing on what looks like a rigid piece of fabric attached to a novelty oversized ipad with a white plastic stick poking straight out of the lightning port. "this is the true hell" he moans

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

http://www.scribd.com/doc/299024268/Error-53-Lawsuit that didn't take long

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

complaint starting off on a strong note

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

http://recode.net/2016/02/21/uh-oh-apple-samsung-has-a-bona-fide-ecosystem-around-virtual-reality/

other tech companies must hate it that even when they announce products the news stories are just "company x does a thing, how will apple respond?"

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

less than a year after launch

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

I used to use Chrome on my mac until I realized it was slow as gently caress and full of fail aids. So I switched to firefox, but now firefox seems slow and full of fail aids. I'm quickly running out of options here

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Justify Your Ecosystem

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

So the camera wart is now a design feature huh. where is steve's vengeful ghost when you need it

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

also lol at the integrated pogo-pin connectors on the back for the semi-mandatory official battery case

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

also how is the tray for the nano sim card smaller. is there a... pico sim

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

We must secure the existence of flush cameras and a future for smallphones.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

the piss filter is 64 bit only? gdi between this and the adblocker it's like apple wants me to throw away my perfectly functional iPad mini 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

http://9to5mac.com/2016/03/24/apple-watch-edition-hidden/ Apple starting to throw the 5 figgy apple watch down the memory hole

• Locked thread