Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

hifi posted:

a quarter of an inch off at 4 feet. great
Sorry that pointing a phone camera at things can only measure them with 0.5% scaling error. the engineers will strive to do better int he future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

the gently caress is this

https://i.imgur.com/jSy0kDq.gifv

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

[extremely has no friends and thus loses nothing by boycotting facebook voice] gently caress facebook.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Vintersorg posted:

lol it's real

I'm the extremely fake image

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

the leaks benefit Apple because it means the stupid poo poo (no touchid on iPhone x) gets disseminated over the course of days or weeks so everyone has already heard about it and don't all go full retard tomorrow

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

I still have a 5S and there is very little that I ever do that makes me curse how slow it is. I am not even sure what the point is of having a phone with 10x more computrons or whatever it is by now

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

yes tim cook is no visionary and has a reputation as a bean counter CEO but you have to understand that he's a genius when it comes to the supply chain and juggling production contracts that won't come to fruition until 3 years from now and

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

every detail of the Apple campus is immaculately designed etc

Linguica fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Sep 14, 2017

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

so now apparently on iphone x there are THREE separate "swipe down" gestures from the home screen

* swipe down from top center for notification tray
* swipe down from top right for control center
* swipe down from middle for search bar

between this and the multiple "swipe up" gestures the iphone x now requires due to a lack of home button, is it possible that iphone is now more android than android 🤔

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

also lol that they moved to a non-mechanical "home button" on the iphone 7 to groom users for a totally taptic-driven fake "home button" on the iphone X but since the touchid won't work through the screen it turned out to be a pointless change

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

oh and remember how they implemented Reachability by double-caressing the home button so you could actually reach things one handed... so that appears to be gone on the iphone X despite having an even taller screen than the iphone plus series... I guess people just don't need to reach things one handed anymore 🤔

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

i just now wondered how you activate siri since you can't hold down the home button. turns out you now hold down the power button

then I wondered how you turn off the phone if it's no longer by holding down the power button. and welp you have to go into the loving settings menu

this explains why they now call it the "side button" not the "power button". anroid lol!

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

i would be ok with this

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Yes but look on the bright side: we now have the real cell signal strength icon back and not the stupid loving Jony Circles

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

a mashup of ios3 and ios7 would result in... ios5??? someone light up the stymie signal

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Is it just me or does the lock screen now do some sort of gamma-correct fade-in

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

iOS 11 ditches the Jony Dots in favor of returning to the tried and true "increasing vertical bars" cellular signal icon 📶

so naturally,

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

ah, of course

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

apple is a linux https://github.com/apple/darwin-xnu

Linguica fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Sep 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Although YouTube’s player doesn’t make it readily apparent that its videos work with Picture-in-Picture, it’s quite easy to enable the handy feature for all of your favorite YouTube videos on Safari.

How to enable Picture-in-Picture for YouTube videos

Step 1: Right click on the YouTube video that you wish to detach

Step 2: Once the menu appears, right-click once more to reveal a second menu and then click Enter Picture-in-Picture

The video will now detach, and you’ll be able to enjoy watching it using Picture-in-Picture mode.

• Locked thread