Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

apple ads are no longer bright and warm but dim and cool. it reminds me of the difference between american film stock and japanese film stock back before everyone just shot digital

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Valeyard posted:

Those calorie counts are really off

not if hes fat. heart rate seems high too but maybe hes fat

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIFdBp8rbtA

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

is the "if it's not an iphone, it's not an iphone" tagline supposed to sound stupid or is it an attempt to make iphone the generic term for cellphone/smartphone, like xerox (photocopy), kleenex (tissue), ipad (tablet), etc

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

cremnob spends his days on windows 7 looking longingly at store.apple.com and his posts are the result

pray for cremnob

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

supposedly the apple car's project name is "titan." other projects with that name: radium's canceled SA forum rewrite, blizzard entertainment's canceled mmo

at least we may get longer batteries, i guess

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

chrome dev tools are pretty nice. it's good safari's are improving

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

DaNzA posted:

how much storage/processing power/battery life should be devoted to the other account? how are you going to handle notifications for each users that's coming in at the same time? what sort of security do you need to separate the users memory usage?

most importantly how many users do you think will use this feature to make the resources devoted to this 'worth it'

reserve 2gb per acct as swap and write everything to it on log out. dont fetch other people's poo poo

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Stux posted:

or we could not try and put windows like fail features in ios

too late http://www.macrumors.com/2015/05/21/ipad-split-screen-multitasking-multiple-users/

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

qirex posted:

really hope that instead of an ipad pro the 12.9" display is for a retina macbook air

the air suffix serves no purpose if there's no normal macbook. they redid the air's body so they dropped the useless suffix. mah ports!!

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

my favorite interface is the one i'm familiar with

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

aint no one got time for yr firehose of 40 articles a day

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Mr. Apollo posted:

New Samsung Gear S2

circle
circle
circle
circle
circle
circle
circle
circle
rounded rectangle
circle
large circle on small slider switch

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

ZShakespeare posted:

holy poo poo http://www.haloback.com

this is some late night infomercial poo poo that completely ignores the existence of both reachability and the swipe to go back gesture.

i kinda like it because i dont even like hitting back even on my 5s so i cant imagine enjoying it on a 6+. reachability is a shameful hack for a shameful problem and it would be could if i could make a custom gesture to go back, like drag from bottom-left-to-top-right and bottom-right-to-top-left. i thought maybe assistive touch could help me do that but nah

they've already hosed up the sanctity of drag directions with "drag down from top for notification center" and "drag down for search" anyway

you cant use swipe to go back in all instances because sometimes items on that page have hidden directional swipe commands

Triglav fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Aug 15, 2015

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

think i'd rather go back to feature phones than use android

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Stymie posted:

same which is why i'm going back to a good flip phone when my 4s dies for good

yeah i'm starting to care less and less about being Always Online and answering texts asap and poo poo, especially since i can do it from os x messages when i get home

i was never one for APPS APPS APPS. i have five rows of apps (apple bloat in a folder). the biggest feature of the 5s to me is its camera, so when my 5s dies or gets slow in 2019 i'll probably get another iphone for its camera or get a feature/flip and live an ascetic's life

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

retina was a big deal too. speed is nice since i was using a 3g previously

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

born on a buy you posted:

don't quote stymie you fake Luddite human being

fake-luddite human being or fake luddite-human being

Luigi Thirty posted:

i got 40 bucks in apple dividends this week

A+ would invest again

nice man you can get a thunderbolt cable now

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

you should put a case on it this time

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

cremnob posted:

Apple is still cheap and u should definitely reinvest dividends

where's applecoin on coinbase

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

i swapped most my holdings for indexes

now i own everything :mmmhmm:

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

the only good life decision on this site is logging out

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

the solution is to start dragging from off the side of the screen but sometimes i dont because im an idiot and instead mark an email as unread

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

lets not forget the clock.app's icon

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

PleasureKevin posted:

iOS 4 on an apple watch i could maybe imagine, but this is an app within Watch OS that is iOS 4? it would be a virtual machine then haha

it's probably only able to run the home screen / springboard / whatever, and that's why its all it shows

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

i used apple music more when the For You page wasnt suggesting me variations of the same playlists with the same artists and songs over and over next to the same "intro to band" playlists i'd already skipped over (can i 'dislike' things?)

now i just tune into wrtj on beats1 and occasionally search for specific albums. the biggest thing i like about apple music is that it's not spotify, who has cranked the number of ads they play up 200% these last two years. i like that it integrates with my phone i guess but i dont listen to a lot of music on my phone

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Cold on a Cob posted:

can't you subscribe to spotify and not get ads though?

yeah $4/yr if you game it (make a new account every three months and do the $1 for three months thing)

but maybe price is of no concern and spotify is a huge piece of poo poo whose ui is even worse than itunes

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

yeah widgets didnt even get updated for 10.10 yospos

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

rip appl

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

reports are coming in that steve cook just signed a reverse mortgage to keep apple afloat til the iphone 6s launch

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

so volatile its prepping for another correction already lmao

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Puppy Galaxy posted:

is the ram the reason safari gets slow and when i scroll down i see whitespace before the page fully displays and have to force quit the app to get it to scroll without that whitespace appearing

i only get that in links clicked from twitter after opening a bunch of other links from twitter so i blame twitter

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Ludwig van Halen posted:

what are you people putting on you're phones?
i get all my music streamed to me via apple music and i'm not using like any of my storage

according to settings > general > about

songs 103
videos 623
photos 8,965
applications 19
capacity 55.9gb
available 2.2gb

so a couple "desert island" albums i haven't changed since i got the phone and My Amazing iPhoneography

the camera is a big reason why i got the 5S (the others being retina and speed), and not thinking about deleting photos and videos is why i got the largest option available at the time

in some number of years i'll do the same again

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

i dont have my iphone photos sync with icloud since im only on the free tier. are photos free? are uploads recompressed in any way? what about video? in any case why would i want my sole copy of a photo to be on someone else's server?

i used to have the paid icloud 20gb tier but it turned out i didnt need it with dropbox's free 20gb, google's free 15gb, icloud's free 5gb, and my personal and professional storage

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Linguica posted:

wait what? I thought it was still 2 gb like it has been since forever

referrals

if you wanna game it, it takes five minutes

Smythe posted:

ya. ur nas is more relaible than apple incs data center or wehatever. durr

icloud's hosted on amazon web services and microsoft azure, actually

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Linguica posted:

Oh, right

I should just take the time to max mine out, I have... 16.5 GB extra and stopped there

the final gigs are things like "follow and then unfollow us on twitter" and "download mailbox off the mac app store, log in with your dropbox account email, and then delete it" https://www.dropbox.com/getspace

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Ludwig van Halen posted:

my time is worthless let me jump through some bullshit hoops to get a lil' extra cloud storage

same that's why i did it and then spent hundreds of hours browsing forums dot something awful dot com

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

PleasureKevin posted:

oh my loving gosh

why the gently caress does one device with bluetooth and NFC built in need an add-on to communicate with another device with bluetooth and NFC built in

god drat it

for security and stuff apple doesnt let you do with its on system chips

it's just swipe but for nfc. the real wonder is why is it so loving huge

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

phone to phone payments sound like a good way to get less money than you thought

i've never seen anyone actually use venmo. i once read an article about college kids using it to buy drugs, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Stux posted:

it uploads full resolution, the on phone photots get automatically compressed based on the sapce availabel on ur phone and will make themselves smaller if u need space. if u have a mac as well like a normal person the pohotos then get synced to it as well at full resolution so u have a hard copy still. ium sorry the fututrue is so scary 4 u

cool but i'll still get the largest cuz i dont wanna delete things

• Locked thread