Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

echinopsis posted:

maybe it’s a good function but it works differently to the old wifi button in control centre and its clearly deceptive because everyone thinks it means “turn wifi off” (and visibly acts like a toggle, and looks like the old “turn off wifi” and every other turn off wifi button) and instead it just disconnects from current network

this confusion could have been avoided if apple was more open

i think tims attemt to crack down on leaks just results in stuff like this because while you might to get 2000 coders in california to keep a pretty boring secret away from the public you'll never manage to get 500,000 techno-coolies in asia to keep from leaking out pictures of the hardware they've been frantically cranking out for you

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Stymie posted:

steve wouldn't have let his subordinates push out an unfinished product to meet a deadline and get a bonus, he would delay the product and not give them the bonus because they didn't loving earn it

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

whether you get the big top bar in your inbox is literally a coinflip

go to inbox, big bar. back out to mailboxes, tap on inbox, little bar. back out again, tap inbox: big bar's back.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

pretend its a special kind of coin that never lands on the same side twice in a row

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

how do u think i afford all these great products from apple!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

out of curiosity, can you just plug two computers together with usb-C and have them share files? like, all my shared folders just pop up on the other person's computer like plugging in a USB drive?

cause that would be a genuinely good feature so i can't imagine any company today, including apple and microsoft, ever implementing it

theres a dongle for that

• Locked thread